What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

Hindyscrack

Bench
they have to get their monesys worth out of him. Ch9 were the ones that paid him a motza so that he didnt go to union.
Hmmm, but when Lote, Rogers and Sailor (qldrs) said they were going to union the league didnt try and stop them...funny that.
I couldnt give a sh!t about johns...the sooner he retires the better the game will be.

Its all a conspiracy about Queenslanders eh Charlie....

Who gives a rat if you lose 3 wingers, none of those guys are anywhere near the class of johns. He is one of the all time greats, and was Australian captain at the time. Would have been a massive kick is leagues face

How will the game be better without him, he was just hitting his straps again last sunday before he was injured. What a fu*king moronic comment charlie, slava like indeed!

Mr Saab

Referee
crack head...johns has hardly played since 2002...(even then he was injured at seasons end) has the game missed him? hardly!!!
He was a great player, but i am over him...the game is bigger than one player cracky.
QLD didnt get any help to keep their players...but when the almighty johns holds the game to ranson every jumps 3 feet.

JJ

Immortal
of course the game's bigger than one player...

But - Johns' injuries have been bad luck in the main. When he's on the field, he remains easily (no disresprect to Lockyer, Kimmorley, Gower, and Orford) the most dominant player in the game.

You sound like a bitter Queenslander there Charlie. While he's obviously not bigger than the game, I for one would like to see him play some more games. He's the best since Lewis, and if the same situation was applied to the King I'm sure you wouldn't mind (at least I wouldn't). IMO origin hasn't really been the same Post-Wally, and Johns will be a huge loss too - it's part what great great players they are, but part personality - few NSW fans liked Wally...

Mr Saab

Referee
orgin has never been the same because of the way the 80s was played...it was 5m rule, biff, characters etc.
The game has changed dramatically.

JJ

Immortal
It was Wally... he was a dominant player and a dominant character - like it or not (I don't personally) that's what sports need - Lockyer, Kimmorley, Orford and even Gower fine players all (not a patch on Johns though) but all boring as the proverbial...

Aside from all that, surely you're smart enough to see he's an all-time great, and surely you'd want to see him have an injury free run - age-wise he's hardly over the hill

Hindyscrack

Bench
crack head...johns has hardly played since 2002...(even then he was injured at seasons end) has the game missed him? hardly!!!
He was a great player, but i am over him...the game is bigger than one player cracky.
QLD didnt get any help to keep their players...but when the almighty johns holds the game to ranson every jumps 3 feet.

I have missed watching him, the stuff Johnsy can do is amazing. He is the complete package.

You just a whinging QLD'er, bitter that no one cared when the game lost 3 wingers who will never be remember in the same caliber as Johns. We are talking about a future immortal here. Yawnion can have all the wingers they want, hell take all NSW's wingers for all i care, take Anasta i dont give a rats arse.

Joey is one of the greats, it would have been a massive blow to our game for Yawnion to get him. You are just talking bitter drivel now

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
It was Wally... he was a dominant player and a dominant character - like it or not (I don't personally) that's what sports need - Lockyer, Kimmorley, Orford and even Gower fine players all (not a patch on Johns though) but all boring as the proverbial...

Aside from all that, surely you're smart enough to see he's an all-time great, and surely you'd want to see him have an injury free run - age-wise he's hardly over the hill

yes he is an all time great, but i am over him. Game has moved on with the amount of time he has spent off the field.
With all his injuries it has added to his age as a player.
Knees, backs, necks, jaws...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im with Sabb, the sooner he retires the better for me.
Then i can finally start to enjoy newcaslte games :clap:

Charlie Saab said:
Johns has not played 60% of the games played the past 3 yrs and the game has gone along just fine without him.In fact ratings and crowds are at an all time high and have surpassed the "tina turner" era.
Johns is not the marquee player Jordan was to the NBA.
When Jordan left basketball the 2nd time after 1997/8 the ratings went down across america...and stayed that way for a while. It was only last yr that the NBA showed signs of life.
The game let sailor go, thats fine, but then they didnt learn their lesson when Lote decided to jump ship too.
The administrators of the game are reactive and proactive...thats a bad admin.

You continually talk rubbish, Joey being back and firing is only going to be good for the game particularly when marking up against young lions.

RABK

Referee
You's can't come up with a legitmate argument for your hatred of Johns. The only one i see is jealously which quite frankly makes you rather pathetic. :arrow:

Charlie Saab said:
orgin has never been the same because of the way the 80s was played...it was 5m rule, biff, characters etc.

Your obviously a meathead without a great deal of intelligence aye.

Nice worn out clich's that expired after 93.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
JJ said:

yes he is an all time great, but i am over him. Game has moved on with the amount of time he has spent off the field.

People come back from injuries, it's not impossible...

Would you be saying the same thing if your beloved Lockyer had had a similar run of bad luck (yes, bad luck, Johns is not injury prone, he's been unlucky, and his propensity for bad luck is increased by the very physical game he plays as a half-back..)

RABK

Referee
The Bailey Knee, Harris Tackle and Ropati shoulder were just all freak accidents that would have done the same to Lockyer had it have been him there. Maybe it's because Johns actually gets involved in defense that he gets this rotten luck unlike Lockyer. :idea:

Jono078

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
JJ said:

It's one thing to say YOUR over him... Obviously alot of people would rather see a great talent like him while we can. And hopefully leave the game in a good way instead of a tragic way.

I could say im over Lockyer... And what would that cause...

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Charlie Saab said:

You call me a meathead yet you use the term "aye" :roll:
I guess the english language is not one of your strong points....aye!

What worn out cliches...the guy said that origin has not been the same since wally. There is a reason for that and part of those reasons i stated.
Fighting is looked down upon today and the game is alot more clean than what it was in the 80s.

Enjoy newcastle the way it is (losing) as thats the trend for the next few yrs...but of course chief harragon will continue to tip "youse aye"

Raider_69

Post Whore
I just wanted it known that today for breaky while i had some absolutely devine bacon, eggs, toast and hashbrowns, i thought of Andrew Johns and chuckled to myself :D

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
Knight82 said:
Charlie Saab said:

You call me a meathead yet you use the term "aye" :roll:
I guess the english language is not one of your strong points....aye!

What worn out cliches...the guy said that origin has not been the same since wally. There is a reason for that and part of those reasons i stated.
Fighting is looked down upon today and the game is alot more clean than what it was in the 80s.

Enjoy newcastle the way it is (losing) as thats the trend doe the next few yrs...but of couse chief harragon will continue to tip "youse aye"

:clap:

while I disagree with you on this particular topic Charlie - that was very classy...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie Saab said:
JJ said:

Look Charlie, we all know how much u hate joey and thats fine, ur entitled to ur opinion. However, he is the one who revolutionised the way this game is being played today. U have to admit that when he eventually decides to hang up the boots, it will be a disappointing time. Mainly because u will not be able to witness the freakish things that joey does consistently. Yes, there will be more good players coming thru (notice I didnt say great), but the game will be all the more poorer when Joey decides to retire.
U say ur over him, that wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that he isnt a queenslander would it :?: :?: :?:

Mr Saab

Referee
Jobdog

Johns "revolutionised" the way the game is being played today huh?
I guess players like Ricky Stuart and Alan Langer are lost on you?
It was Langer and the broncos that changed the game...they were the ones in the 90s that said "to hell with 2 points from a penalty goal, we will go for the try"....attacking play. Brisbane and the raiders paved the way for attacking football in the mid 90s when the 10m rules was introduced in mid 1993.
It was Ricky Stuart that changed the way the game is played...kicking early on the tackle count and gaining yards thru kicking. I dont want to write an essay about it and what those players did. Ricky Stuarts kicking game is equal if not better than Johns kicking game. Some people have short memories on these boards.

The ways some of you knights fans carry on its like Johns is the only great halfback the past 30 yrs. Johns put the air into footballs, johns created grass, johns built the grandstand....give me a f**king break.