What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns in Blues

stiffmeister

Bench
The Colonel said:
For your sake I hope you are right. This game takes on danger status for the Eels IMO. With Johns out they are an unknown quantity..... and thats exactly what happened to us v Dragons last year.

Don't worry, Im sure Brian will remind them of the St George game. Why not be confident & have a little fun

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
but last yr the eels didnt field the team that they will have this sat night.
Eels are the biggest morals

They will have a team of kids out to make a name for themselves. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. We may not have the same team as the Dragons game but then again we have almost exactky the same team that should have beat Souths.

stiffmeister

Bench
The Colonel said:
They will have a team of kids out to make a name for themselves. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. We may not have the same team as the Dragons game but then again we have almost exactky the same team that should have beat Souths.

Why be cautious. Keep the faith colonel. If we (highly unlikely) lose, we be gracious in defeat

~bedsy~

First Grade
Bad luck for Barrett... noone deserves to go down like that.
Good on Joey.... hopefully he will have a great game.

The Colonel

Immortal
stiff-meister eel said:
Why be cautious. Keep the faith colonel. If we (highly unlikely) lose, we be gracious in defeat

Over zealous fans have had their arses bitten already this season with outrageous predictions, but unfortunately not a lot of them turn up the day after which leaves the rest of us to cop the sh*t. Cautious, yes, for a bloody good reason.....

miladi

Juniors
What does Newcastle have to do to put a solid side on the field?????

What gods has Newcastle angered? This is NOT good news!

theicemandanno

Juniors
Im happy for Joey, and am happy as a Blues supporter.

Sure im a Parra fan, but I hope Joey does the business next Wednesday.....Would you sacrifice one game if it meant your entire season turned around with a rejuvinated Joey?

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:

the only think worrying the eels is "we dont want to be the 1st team to lose to the knights"
Eels will romp it in by 30

eel_man70

Juniors
I'd be disappointed if we dont win by 20 but its under false pretences.. I wont be celebrating too hard or boast about it.

Gene Krupa

Referee
stiff-meister eel said:

Really? Like all the other teams that have been gracious this year?

I'll reserve my judgement 'til after the game.

NC

Juniors
Opened up nrl.com before coming here and the first thing I saw was "Johns replaces Barrett in Origin". I honestly thought I was seeing things. Rather shocked, but hope he plays well in Origin 2 and doesn't get injured.

*melliez*

Juniors
NC said:
Opened up nrl.com before coming here and the first thing I saw was "Johns replaces Barrett in Origin". I honestly thought I was seeing things. Rather shocked, but hope he plays well in Origin 2 and doesn't get injured.

That's all I hope for, he plays well, and doesn't get injured.

I know that I will be quite cranky if he does get injured.

Mr Saab

Referee
eel_man70 said:
I'd be disappointed if we dont win by 20 but its under false pretences.. I wont be celebrating too hard or boast about it.

i agree, beating the knights is like beating a 5 yr old in an arm wrestle. Take the win, move on. No team that plays the knights learns anything about themselves.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
i agree, beating the knights is like beating a 5 yr old in an arm wrestle. Take the win, move on. No team that plays the knights learns anything about themselves.

I learnt something about you.

You're an absolute farkwit!

You're a Broncos supporter so what has this got to do with you anyway stupid?

You beat yourself regularly though, don't you, 5 yr old?

~bedsy~

First Grade
Joey gets Origin call-up
June 9, 2005

0,5001,5015867,00.jpg

ANDREW JOHNS has been called in to replace Trent Barrett in the NSW State of Origin rugby league team after the halfback injured his thigh at training in Dubbo today.

NSW selectors have shown huge faith in Andrew Johns.

The 31-year-old Johns will play his 22nd Origin when the Blues try to level the series against Queensland in game two on Wednesday night at Telstra Stadium, despite having played just one NRL match since a seven-week absence with a broken jaw.

The former NSW and Australian captain has played only six NRL matches since suffering a season-ending knee injury which kept him out of last year's Origin series.

NSW selectors opted to back Johns rather than recall game one halfback Brett Kimmorley or go for Penrith captain Craig Gower or Melbourne playmaker Matt Orford.

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,...2-23210,00.html

Stranger

Coach
Yeah Sabb.... except when we have some great score lines against you guys so i guess we must be 5year olds... with a great golden point win that WONT be forgotten.... and a famous 44-0 win? guess you where out muscled by 5 year olds aye?

Latest posts