What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson 4-8 weeks

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
well if stake was supplying the stats I thought he was the straight comparison is the team went 3.2 % better with him than without him . Probably gave something but its Not a great worry to see him go.
That’s how I read it as well…. Bit like manly go at 70% with Turbo playing and say 20% when he doesn’t…. Pretty simple really…two different stats hence doesn’t have to add to 100%. Clearly Frenz paid more attention in English than Maths.

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think he's referring to the % of games sharks win when he plays compared to % they win when he doesn't play, rather than straight win /loss or draw. But I could be wrong I have 99.9999% right to .00001% wrong stats.
Exactly right, so we only won 3.2% when SJ played

snout

First Grade
But we only have the ball 50% of the game so you need to divide by 2, carry the 4 and add 6.

That gets you somewhere near the correct answer. Or at least to 3 decimal points.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I take this post comment as a sly little jab at the sharks. I really don’t think he was ever on board.

5D615F1F-995F-454A-92C6-46B621D33F68.jpeg

Sharkorff

Juniors
The bloke drifted in & out of games when he was “on”. On the days he didn’t turn up, he was balls.
Like Townsend, he’s not our problem anymore. Warriors knew what they had in 2018 & let him go.
Now that he’s back with them, he’s in worse condition (physically & mentally).
Desperate from them. Not enough quality across the park for the Warriors.
In 2021, we’ve got one player - Kennedy. Then daylight. Over & out confirmed on Sunday @ 6:00pm.

Weaponhead

Coach
Johnson can head back to NZ and wallow in the mediocrity that has characterised his career. Massive unfulfilled talent.

Sharks fans will have comfort ourselves with a fresh start that promises signifant improvement whilst the Johnson led Warriors will remain in obscurity.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
What gets me with him and this is part of why people don’t see it is because he is mr nice guy in interviews and all other interactions. But let him free on social media and the real SJ comes out.

I’m more shattered about xerri than SJ.

Inferno

Coach
I think we got our money's worth out of Shawn. He had a great year last year and when playing was usually one of our best.

He went missing at times but that has been a feature of his before we bought him and we should have known that.