What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson 4-8 weeks

Stake Removed

First Grade
That's the end of Johnson he won't be back 4-8 weeks will be 8 for him, he will aim to rehab for Warriors.
Tuxedo packed and he is gone

Bob Scott

Juniors
I would be fine if he wants to go this week, he should just remember that he goes than doesn't get paid
Don't think he'd care , he be back in NZ with family and he's about to get paid 450k to under achieve at the Warriors again . Soft option for both the Warriors and SJ unfortunately .
I have supported the Warriors as my second club since they entered the comp and i can honestly say they are as far away from ever winning a comp as i can ever remember .
I'm a racing man and i can tell you from my experience of Cameron George's time in NZ racing he is just a suit gathering a big salary , christ he's just been made chairman of NZ racing , as if we didn't have enough problems .

shadowboxer

First Grade
Agree about the money thing for Johnson - strikes me as it ain’t high on his priority list atm..and I can’t blame him. Go home Shaun and start work on your future media options

Craigshark

First Grade
It’ll go something like this.. “hey fam, just wanted to let everyone know before it gets leaked that I’ll be returning to NZ.. blah blah.” See ya mate

Chimp

Juniors
I’d be playing hard ball with him if I were the Sharks. Force him to cut short his contract to go home early, that way we get the money saved and almost more importantly, that same money added to next years cap. Probably another $150k - would be the difference between a cheapie minimum wage squad filler or a half decent squad man.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
lol at everyone saying that SJ was a waste of money. In my opinion we got the last good years out of him.

He was unbelievable in 2020, if he didn’t do his achillies he goes close to winning the Dally M. One of the best players in the comp, and the injury has affected him ever since. 2019 was meh, granted but he definitely wasn’t a waste of money imo. Thanks for your efforts SJ, if it was your last game for us it’s a sad way to end your time here.

Frenzy.

Immortal
lol at everyone saying that SJ was a waste of money. In my opinion we got the last good years out of him.

He was unbelievable in 2020, if he didn’t do his achillies he goes close to winning the Dally M. One of the best players in the comp, and the injury has affected him ever since. 2019 was meh, granted but he definitely wasn’t a waste of money imo. Thanks for your efforts SJ, if it was your last game for us it’s a sad way to end your time here.

I despise you for this gms. Also thinks you are probably right.

Craigshark

First Grade

can’t argue with your points, especially about last year. He was in career best form. If he doesn’t do his Achilles, who knows he probably signs a long term contract with us in the off season, but that’s the way it goes. I think since his comments on the Matty johns show earlier this year and a few other things he has either said or done since (couple of very average performances), have made people think it’s Shaun first, club second

snout

First Grade
The great enigma.
A sublime runner of the football.
His youtube highlights almost unrivalled for an ability to play with a defender like a cat on a mouse.
He would have commentators and fans salivating at a freakish piece of dazzle and then not show anything again for 4 weeks when he would then decid to remind us all of the gift he possesses - only to then shelve it again for another 5 weeks.

He toyed with the dogs on Sunday 7 days after a game that was worthy of an axing.

Oh shaun. Why was it like this.

Im going to balance the argument. He gets excited by a semis berth and returns in the final round.

Last edited:
When he's on he's an exceptional player no doubt, he has that knack not many halves have where he can draw defenders out of position quite easily and create an overlap. The difference in our attack when he went off on sunday was noticeable straight away with what we were missing.

However as has been said too many stinkers of games to really care he's going.

sladden road

Juniors
Well, what a half of footy to finish on. Absolute guns blazing SJ running game. It was great to watch. What I saw was the reason why we don’t see that Sj too much. The body breaking down. If that’s his last game for us I’m happy with the memories.
We are moving in a new direction where outstanding flighteness is replaced by effort,consistency and accountability .
That’s not Sj. But fugg when he’s on he is on.

Special K

Coach
I don't think SJ was unbelievable in 2020 at all. I think if anything it summed him up. Lots of TA vs shit teams and did SFA in big/hard games. Look at the video of him laughing at media reports that linked him to the bulldogs. He is so far up his own arse.

I'd also put money on him leaving early.

Craigshark

First Grade
I don't think SJ was unbelievable in 2020 at all. I think if anything it summed him up. Lots of TA vs shit teams and did SFA in big/hard games. Look at the video of him laughing at media reports that linked him to the bulldogs. He is so far up his own arse.

I'd also put money on him leaving early.

he has a lot to learn.. the warriors are just as shit as the bulldogs and next year probably worse

Latest posts