What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson, Norman, Milford and Taylor

Which half would you recruit for your club?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corey Norman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Norman seems like the guy who makes training sessions fun, who the players like to be around and boosts morale. Which is great when you're naturally talented and in your early twenties. But when you're 30+ and have played over 200 games, you need to start being a leader and winning semi finals.

blaza88z

Coach
You'd take any of them for 200-250k on a 1 year deal, if they wanted anything close to their current deal you'd swiftly leave the room

GAZF

First Grade
I'd take Norman, as part of my team's wishlist for 2023.

1. Corey Allan
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Dale Co(r)pley
4. Corey Oates
5. Corey Thompson
6. Corey Norman
7. Cory Paix
8. Corey Jensen
9. Kodi Nicoreyma
10. Corey Horsburgh
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Matt Doorey
13. Corey Waddell

Coach: Corey Parker

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
Read on another forum a story where a bloke went to have lunch at a pub in Parramatta back in Normans days at the Eels. The whole Parra squad were there and it was pre season training. They were all sitting together having lunch and the only one who was having a beer with his meal was Norman. The rest were on the waters etc. Pretty much sums it up for him.

Wizardman

First Grade
Norman virtually has "dickhead" tattooed on his forehead. Almost certainly will go to ESL. He just seems to be with the wrong crowd away from footy and no NRL club can truly rely on him.
Milford....I just don't know. He seems to stay out of off field headlines but seems to have absolutely no confidence. I think with the right coach and roster around him.....maybe. Most likely ESL and a move there could be damn good for him in gaining some confidence.
Taylor...he may well be the biggest headcase of the four. Someone need to play some tapes of him at the Titans before the Hayne era.....he was bloody brilliant. The roster he is playing with should have been tailor made for him to have an impact. He could well be an ESL recruit as well. Someone prominent really needs to get in his ear because he has the biggest upside of the four if he gets it together.
Johnson is the only guy out of the four that actually seems keen as mustard to play. That quality alone would make me pick him despite his age. Quite a few NRL clubs could easily play him and get some upside for their side.

blaza88z

Coach
Johnson's issue would be his recent injuries

Of the listed players he's the one that is up to NRL standard and quite obviously capable of more

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
I'd take Norman, as part of my team's wishlist for 2023.

1. Corey Allan
2. Cody Ramsey
3. Dale Co(r)pley
4. Corey Oates
5. Corey Thompson
6. Corey Norman
7. Cory Paix
8. Corey Jensen
9. Kodi Nikorima
10. Corey Horsburgh
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Matt Doorey
13. Corey Waddell

Coach: Corey Parker
Someone's been dialling the Corey Hotline

Perth Red

Post Whore
SL arent paying more than $300-400k for players tops (and only a handful of clubs can afford that) so choices may be limited over there as well.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Regardless of what people are saying about Norman he would have some value.
Could organize a cracking end of season party