What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson or Moylan..?

imasharkie

Coach
If the Dogs get SJ for 500k x 2 years, that is a great deal for them.

I still think we are making a big mistake not re-signing SJ if this is the asking price.

And I've got a nasty feeling we will end up with Flanno Jnr down the track ... God I hope not
I agree about Flanno he is a poor mans version of Chad and we don't need that version around the club again. Is the 500k the price the Dogs are giving SJ? If so I don't understand why we aren't offering the same. I would much prefer SJ. Our offence is so much better with SJ than it was with the Chad.

DJDL

Bench
If the Dogs get SJ for 500k x 2 years, that is a great deal for them.

I still think we are making a big mistake not re-signing SJ if this is the asking price.

And I've got a nasty feeling we will end up with Flanno Jnr down the track ... God I hope not

I don't think so. If the stories about how the Rooters players felt about him on a personal level are true, you'd have to think Fitz would be well aware of it and not want it anywhere near his playing group.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't think so. If the stories about ho w the Rooters players felt about him on a personal level are true, you'd have to think Fitz would be well aware of it and not want it anywhere near his playing group.
That's the first I've heard of that, I thought they dumped him because he was shit. Which he proved by being dropped at the Dogs,

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Trash SJ for Trindall, noice. Might as well start off on the wrong Cronullafied foot then.
Think I said it somewhere else or maybe I thought it but Fitz isn’t looking for a short term gap fix. He wants to use yr one as a bridge to yrs 2 and 3. I get it will go one of 2 ways but I’m completely “meh” on SJ.

ghoti

Bench
I agree about Flanno he is a poor mans version of Chad and we don't need that version around the club again. Is the 500k the price the Dogs are giving SJ? If so I don't understand why we aren't offering the same. I would much prefer SJ. Our offence is so much better with SJ than it was with the Chad.
I agree and think SJ should've been kept... i suspect that fitzgibbon wants to build a roosters-esque ~culture~ wherein the only players kept on roster are people who want the sharks as first choice (hence possible moylan over Johnson) or are eager for an opportunity to stand up (hence Hynes). there's something to that at least, and i'd rather an element of that than the wests tigers approach of signing everyone with any semblance of name recognition value

coolumsharkie

Referee
Think I said it somewhere else or maybe I thought it but Fitz isn’t looking for a short term gap fix. He wants to use yr one as a bridge to yrs 2 and 3. I get it will go one of 2 ways but I’m completely “meh” on SJ.
Before his injury he was the/or one of the best HB's in the comp. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we are letting him walk for fk all! So Fitzy signs on, sacrifices a year next year, plus this year is on the clubs back so wde can wait to see what he brings to the squad if at all.

It's a big f**k you CF from me.

PJ

First Grade
That's the first I've heard of that, I thought they dumped him because he was shit. Which he proved by being dropped at the Dogs,

There was talk of it at the time. Never came out fully in the press but definately mentioned here and was referred to in the gossipy parts of the papers with bits like who is the non rep player/ rookie player whose team mates are unimpressed with due to arrogance.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Before his injury he was the/or one of the best HB's in the comp. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we are letting him walk for fk all! So Fitzy signs on, sacrifices a year next year, plus this year is on the clubs back so wde can wait to see what he brings to the squad if at all.

It's a big f**k you CF from me.

That was before his injury, and he was playing 5/8th last year , not halfback and most of the team direction work was being done by Chad.

His game on Friday last week showed alot of issues that were masked by the FG at the end. Missed crucial tackles that lead to tries. Had some extremely poor kicks. Should have iced the game much earlier.

I'm fine in keeping SJ, but fine if he leaves too. We're not winning a comp with SJ in our halves imo.

You guys need to look beyond what is in front of you.
There is a reason why Fitz doesn't want SJ.
I don't know it, and none of you do either, but there is something there that just isn't right.
My guess is it's personality.
Have you all forgotten SJ's first year here?
He did not show any toughness whatsoever, and walked around like he was a rock star.
He was the first Sharks player ever that I went to the sideline and actually screamed abuse at, and I then walked out. I think it was the game that Bomber hooked him. I yelled at him that at Cronulla we play tough footy not like the Warriors, and us supporters actually care about results, throw in expletives,. He was in shock, so was Gals missus who was standing next to me haha.

Weaponhead

Coach
I don't know it, and none of you do either, but there is something there that just isn't right.
He did not show any toughness whatsoever, and walked around like he was a rock star.
He was the first Sharks player ever that I went to the sideline and actually screamed abuse at, and I then walked out. I think it was the game that Bomber hooked him. I yelled at him that at Cronulla we play tough footy not like the Warriors, and us supporters actually care about results, throw in expletives,. He was in shock, so was Gals missus who was standing next to me haha.
I suspect you are on to something there. The success of the Gallen/Flange years was built on tough, professional footy that got the job done. SJ is a great downhill runner. Has all the skills but does he have the grit and mental toughness to deliver when it really counts? Looking at his career, I'd say he delivers in tough situations sometimes but not enough to do justice to his talent.

There seems to be more so called dominos to fall before the picture becomes clear.

There absolutely has to be more to it, information that we aren't privy to.

Everyone knows SJ can play. There is a reason NZ knocked a back a homecoming.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah, I don't know
lyndon_b_johnson.jpg

............... or ...........

jim-molan-aap-2.jpg