What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not personally seeking any compensation from the club for any lost home games, but I think at the very least the NRL should give a Live Pass membership to season ticket holders or even the full membership cohort.

T.S Quint

Coach
I have decided against asking for a refund.
I figure the clubs need all the money they can get at the moment.
Consider it my donation to the cause.

strider

Post Whore
I'm not personally seeking any compensation from the club for any lost home games, but I think at the very least the NRL should give a Live Pass membership to season ticket holders or even the full membership cohort.
Its a good idea, but would whoever hosts the streaming be able to cope with the load? ... dont wanna end up with the football world cup all over again??? .... sure it wouldnt be the numbers the world cup had but it would need to be a consideration with 10s of thousands more people live streaming each game

Gronk

Staff member
Its a good idea, but would whoever hosts the streaming be able to cope with the load? ... dont wanna end up with the football world cup all over again??? .... sure it wouldnt be the numbers the world cup had but it would need to be a consideration with 10s of thousands more people live streaming each game

Well it’s cheaper than giving every merkin their money back. Anyway, are you telling me that you IT nerds are no good at problem solving ? Best appoint a team from Mumbai then.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it’s cheaper than giving every merkin their money back. Anyway, are you telling me that you IT nerds are no good at problem solving ? Best appoint a team from Mumbai then.
They would ideally pay for zero excess infrastructure, which is impossible without knowing exactly how many customers they're going to get. So they can either err on the side of having their overheads too high for the revenue, or providing a suboptimal experience for the customers they do get. There are obviously costs to doing either. It comes down to a balancing act, no different from any other business.

Gronk

Staff member
No bites on this one ? Hands up who is happy to be one of the club sugar daddies ?

——8<——

So over the next couple of weeks we are going to launch a number of initiatives under the banner of “Parra Forever” that will allow you to contribute to helping our Club and our Blue and Gold family during this most important period.

We know that some of you will not be in the positon to do all the initiatives we roll out and that is ok.

strider

Post Whore
No bites on this one ? Hands up who is happy to be one of the club sugar daddies ?

——8<——

So over the next couple of weeks we are going to launch a number of initiatives under the banner of “Parra Forever” that will allow you to contribute to helping our Club and our Blue and Gold family during this most important period.

We know that some of you will not be in the positon to do all the initiatives we roll out and that is ok.
I dont live near parra, so ive never had much interest in funding a parramatta pokie den which i would never attend.

Id be happy to put money towards something that directly contributes to footy tho

strider

Post Whore
I dont live near parra, so ive never had much interest in funding a parramatta pokie den which i would never attend.

Id be happy to put money towards something that directly contributes to footy tho
Having said that, im also of the opinion that all the people involved in the footy part of things that earn many many multiples of most normal peoples salaries need to cop a hit atm

Gronk

Staff member
Having said that, im also of the opinion that all the people involved in the footy part of things that earn many many multiples of most normal peoples salaries need to cop a hit atm
Agree. There is a kerfuffle in the UK right now where Liverpool (?) laid off their staff and made them take up gov assistance, whereby they recently posted 80m £ profit. Likewise EPL players are resisting calls to take a pay cut. As we all know many of them earn many many (tens or even 100s) 1000s £ per week.

Parra Leagues are not exactly Two Blues RU club, so will be interesting to see what they are seeking. They will need to be mindful of the optics to avoid harsh criticism.

Latest posts