What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

emjaycee

Coach
I dont live near parra, so ive never had much interest in funding a parramatta pokie den which i would never attend.

Id be happy to put money towards something that directly contributes to footy tho
Agree. There is a kerfuffle in the UK right now where Liverpool (?) laid off their staff and made them take up gov assistance, whereby they recently posted 80m £ profit. Likewise EPL players are resisting calls to take a pay cut. As we all know many of them earn many many (tens or even 100s) 1000s £ per week.

Parra Leagues are not exactly Two Blues RU club, so will be interesting to see what they are seeking. They will need to be mindful of the optics to avoid harsh criticism.

Given that the email came from the CEO of the Football Club and not the Leagues Club, I am guessing that the initiatives they are looking at will be Footy Club related and not PLC related. PLC already offers Perpetual Memberships so not much they can add there.

The Footy Club has lost it's means to contribute to the revenue of the PLC Group (i.e. NRL Grant and Gate Takings), and because the PLC is shutdown for the foreseeable future, it would be remiss of a subsidiary business such as the Footy Club not to explore alternative revenue streams that reduce any cost it has on it's parent.

Gronk

Staff member
I’m trying to think of how the club could incentivise the Forever Eels contribution. Just can’t quite put my finger on it.

39820BEF-01C9-4F37-92F2-BBE3550B8571.jpeg

strider

Post Whore
I saw a thing on the news where pubs were letting people buy beers in advance. Pay now, get your beer later when pubs open up again.

Wonder if you could do something similar now with memberships? If at least a % of members were willing to pay for next year now it might get some cash flow. Of course it'd mean less cash later which you'd have to cover.

Also, if i thought a large chunk of the cash would go to the club, id buy merchandise, like a jersey. Unfortunately i believe big wads of that go to the NRL

Gronk

Staff member
I saw a thing on the news where pubs were letting people buy beers in advance. Pay now, get your beer later when pubs open up again.

Wonder if you could do something similar now with memberships? If at least a % of members were willing to pay for next year now it might get some cash flow. Of course it'd mean less cash later which you'd have to cover.

Also, if i thought a large chunk of the cash would go to the club, id buy merchandise, like a jersey. Unfortunately i believe big wads of that go to the NRL
Agree on advance fees for 2021.

On a side note, I think publicans are low down on the list on businesses who deserve public support. I’ll exclude country publicans to a certain extent, however any merkin who owns a pub in Sydney is not doing it tough with a minimum entry price of about $10m and an average price of about $20m. Shoutout to their casual staff who have been left off the jobkeeper allowance. I don’t see any promise of lost wages going to the workers in the CUB love your local campaign.

https://cub.com.au/lifeline-for-local-pubs-and-clubs-in-their-hour-of-need/

84 Baby

Referee
Agree on advance fees for 2021.

On a side note, I think publicans are low down on the list on businesses who deserve public support. I’ll exclude country publicans to a certain extent, however any merkin who owns a pub in Sydney is not doing it tough with a minimum entry price of about $10m and an average price of about $20m. Shoutout to their casual staff who have been left off the jobkeeper allowance. I don’t see any promise of lost wages going to the workers in the CUB love your local campaign.

https://cub.com.au/lifeline-for-local-pubs-and-clubs-in-their-hour-of-need/
You reckon they paid cash on purchase?

Gronk

Staff member
You reckon they paid cash on purchase?

Never said they don't have outgoings. I just said that city freehold pub owners are down in the pecking order when it comes to my small business sympathy vote. Especially those with pokies. You want to borrow money to buy a pub ?Lenders will give you 65% LVR with pokies and 50% without pokies.

84 Baby

Referee
Never said they don't have outgoings. I just said that city freehold pub owners are down in the pecking order when it comes to my small business sympathy vote. Especially those with pokies. You want to borrow money to buy a pub ?Lenders will give you 65% LVR with pokies and 50% without pokies.
So what businesses would be top of pecking order?

Your post kinda implied that it should be based on ownership entry price

Gronk

Staff member
So what businesses would be top of pecking order?

Your post kinda implied that it should be based on ownership entry price

My pecking order is to support small businesses on my area. Small restaurants etc all of whom can't operate or are struggling under the lockdown laws. Pokie dens, not so much

84 Baby

Referee
My pecking order is to support small businesses on my area. Small restaurants etc all of whom can't operate or are struggling under the lockdown laws. Pokie dens, not so much
So you’re pecking order is based on social value? I don’t disagree but it opens up some subjectivity. Plus your original post made it sound like you were against anyone with a buy in price higher than $10m being supported. That’d put many small businesses out on street

Gronk

Staff member
So you’re pecking order is based on social value? I don’t disagree but it opens up some subjectivity. Plus your original post made it sound like you were against anyone with a buy in price higher than $10m being supported. That’d put many small businesses out on street

Money doesn't grow on trees and whilst we are all doing it tough, I will be spending my money on merkins who need it most. Publicans who own pokie dens and employ most of their staff casually (and hence get zero benefit of the JobKeeper Allowance) are the also rans. Unless of course a publican mans up to pay his casual staff during these tough times, then he gets my undivided attention and ranks highly in my top 10.

84 Baby

Referee
Unless of course a publican mans up to pay his casual staff during these tough times, then he gets my undivided attention and ranks highly in my top 10.
“Gronk endorses pokie dens! Would you trust HIM with YOUR life savings?!? Don’t vote Gronk”

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
MAPgDMdsp6jl_GsAoVw2Vji73p66VMGShrsV0zkYPcYljHRQjrtCJqKEbydV1iQEFRy3pc5zNodWnfdPdyYGsn3oU83lSIaoTOTCB_fLKMzQSNWdXMYnL9YslJc6k4SbGpijiMKDlkNMAUom0g=s0-d-e1-ft