What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

the phantom menace

First Grade
All parties concerned, imo.

We probably can't talk too much aboout court cases and those who launched them... but it seems either the club did proper due diligence before launching the EGM and was weak to back flip and cancel... or the club didn't do its due diligence about launching the EGM to start with.

emjaycee

Coach
Or the case was launched after the EGM was planned and the online voting commenced and the club did the right thing and cancelled the EGM when the case was scheduled to not complete until after it (the EGM) occurred.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yes, case launch dates aside, due legal dilligence should have informed whether the EGM was planned and launched or open to such risk. Just my opinion...

the phantom menace

First Grade
Roy was behind 3P, yeah? Wonder if he's lining up the old crew of cronies and sycophants to try and do the same con job on voting members as he did way back when...

T.S Quint

Coach
Actually in the last 10 years he’s become waaay richer after doing property deals.

So maybe Roy will become our Uncle Nick or like Gus’s Uncle Arthur.

If he really does just want to help the club he’d become a ‘benefactor’ of sorts, helping players get 3rd party deals, keeping them out of the clubs hands.

But I’m sure all he really wants is power and control, which doesn’t help the club at all.

Gronk

Staff member
If he really does just want to help the club he’d become a ‘benefactor’ of sorts, helping players get 3rd party deals, keeping them out of the clubs hands.

But I’m sure all he really wants is power and control, which doesn’t help the club at all.
Well thankfully since his departure I think (?) that we installed measures to prevent rogue takeovers by factions? Others may be able to add more to this. Pretty sure that we have built tunnels and moats and towers ready for this moment when Roy would come charging back over the hill.

Gronk

Staff member
The widest moat we built was the introduction of online voting. That took his supporter base of 100 odd (weird) people from about 30% of the voting number to around 10% and greatly diminished his election chances.
Oh, so what about triennial rotation of 3 directors something something ?

emjaycee

Coach
Oh, so what about triennial rotation of 3 directors something something ?
Sure, but that doesn't stop indiviuals from getting in. And it's 2 per election so a long while to get control but dilution of the vote is the best control (IMHO).