What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Oscarman

Juniors
Hellsy said:
I hope that they dont fold the club so it has all been a waste!

I can be persistently annoying..... I still wonder though how many of these people a) actually joined, and b) renewed each year since then

I joined up through this recruitment drive, and am still a member (#469). When do we get to vote? Can't be too much longer.

Great work Hellsy!!!:D

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
3 years of non-voting is my understanding. MITS will have to clarify

Thankyou. This is my third year - as it is for a lot of others. I just wasn't sure whether I could vote this year, or had to wait until AFTER three years.
As you said, I'm sure MITS will clarify.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
Comon MITS :LOL: :LOL:

I can't remember, it was so long ago since Dad signed me up. I dont even think I attended an AGM to participate in votes for like 8 years!!

Hellsy

Immortal
The problem is though... even with voting rights we need to have someone o vote for!! :LOL:
Only 1 person has challenged in the last few years I have seen and this guys was a nidgit so I cant say Id have voted for him anyway :LOL: :LOL:

Okay.

So here is how it works. I would like I state that I was fuzzy on this but Now I am much clearer, thanks to Kevin's excellent explanation.

The Membership year for the Parramatta District Football club is from the 1st of August - 31st of July. Most renewals happen in December when you still have more than 7 months to run on your membership, that is why you can get into the AGM with last years badge.

Your membership year starts from when lodge your application. So if you lodge your application on the 30th of July (even if not approved until the August or September Board Meeting) you are a member for that year membership year.

The Voting Rights are available after the remaining period of your first membership year and then 2 years till the 31st of July.

So in the Case above, the member would have been a financial member for 2 years and 2 days and would get voting rights. Someone Joining on the 2nd of August would have to wait 2 years, 11 Months, and 30 days and so on.

So if I lodged a form on the 30th of July 2007. I go to the 31st of July as the Remainder of my first membership year, then the 31st of July 2008 as my 2nd year and the 31 of July 2009 as my 3rd year. with Voting rights in the 2010 membership year.

I also asked about membership numbers, the club has 916. The Number reported in the Annual report for 2007 was incorrect due to the Database Problems that Chris Jurd spoke to in the AGM, and spoke about Kevin getting involved to fix it I believe.

About 300 of those members were not notified of the AGM and Kevin believes he received a phonecall from all 300 of them, and took their details and worked with the Database manager to get it all fixed up. The Last time the Database manager was on site, he gave Kevin a membership print out showing 916 members of the football club. (this includes life members, non-voting and voting)

Hellsy said:
The problem is though... even with voting rights we need to have someone o vote for!! :lol:
Only 1 person has challenged in the last few years I have seen and this guys was a nidgit so I cant say Id have voted for him anyway :lol: :lol:

Yes this is a Problem. . . . ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Do U remember that guy? He was just mental :lol: :lol:

wasn't his main agenda, wanting to seperate the football club from the leagues club groups family tree, for one of a better term. and we all thought, what a great idea, lets operate a cashless football club..wonderful!!

sorry Mr Hindmarsh we can't pay you this week [or ever for that matter] as the leagues club has decided to cut all funding from the football club, but we trust that you will stay on and pay us the privlidge of playing for this great club,,

because you love us!! :D

yeah..he was a looney.

Latest posts