What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Now if I were to have this club changed. . . . I wouldn't go for the route that MPGA are going for.

I would change the constitution of the PNRLC to be that anyone who purchased a membership (All 29k or more) as long as they are actual persons over the age of 15 (so no pet or Sparky members) are members of the PNRLC and after 3 years have voting rights for the PNRLC board.

The same regulations on board members would apply as is noted here

https://www.parraleagues.com.au/wp-...ion-Parramatta-Leagues-Club-December-2019.pdf in Section 9

and
https://www.parraleagues.com.au/wp-...01/06012022-PLC-Directors-Handbook-FINAL-.pdf in the Skills Matrix (Schedule 1)

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
Parramatta Leagues Club Group Pty LTD has 7 directors.

Parramatta Leagues Club Group Pty LTD (PLC) has numerous sub companies one of which is Parramatta National Rugby League Club (PNRLC) Limited, a limited liability club without members. The Leagues Club (PLC) has 2 delegate positions on the board of the 7 seat PNRLC and the others are appointed.

Back in the 2009 elections we called it the "Special Condition" and as such you had 2 elections. 5 board members elections and 2 board members that were already LC board members and as such meet the "Special Condition"

The current proposal is to vacate instead of the standard 2 board members per year that 4 are vacated. Allowing a ticket if formed and elected to take control of the board in one go.

The intent for this EGM is for the PLC to provide the PNRLC with 4 delegates and as such have a majority.
Just a quick clarification Mark, if you don't mind.

The intent of this EGM is to remove 4 current PLC directors with a fifth motion that requests a new ballot to replace them be held before the next AGM (in late February). The idea being that this will give the MAGA group the 2 initial spots that crossover to the PNRL Board as well as a majority on the PLC Board.

There would need to be another step to change the PNRL Constitution to accept 4 PLC crossover directors and that change would require at least a 75%+1 majority of PLC Voting Members.

Just a quick clarification Mark, if you don't mind.

The intent of this EGM is to remove 4 current PLC directors with a fifth motion that requests a new ballot to replace them be held before the next AGM (in late February). The idea being that this will give the MAGA group the 2 initial spots that crossover to the PNRL Board as well as a majority on the PLC Board.

There would need to be another step to change the PNRL Constitution to accept 4 PLC crossover directors and that change would require at least a 75%+1 majority of PLC Voting Members.
So they want to try for 6 positions from 2 elections all before February.
Cute.

I am also investigating the costs of an AGM / EGM.

Note that we have engaged Computershare (Computershare.com) for our meetings for a while. They will hande the mailouts and the voting. Some pricing I have seen puts the costs for a 1000 person AGM (please remember we have 65,000) at about $95k

Yikes. I was wondering where these costs actually come from.

At the end of the day it's just member register integrity/maintenance, direct mailing of ballots (with return envelopes), collection and security of returned ballots, and secure counting services (with transparency and accountabilities etc).

Seems like money for jam.

Latest posts