What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonathon WRIGHT

slippery_sucker

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

Early onset dementia is a terrible thing...

What... i can't believe that ya's think his going to be any better for us then Ben Smith... to me he is just a slower and worst defender than Smith

See what DA thinks... if DA likes him, he'll keep Inu out of the team next week... as we all know how DA likes Inu!!

To be honest i get the ben smith vibe from him aswell,

but more the 2005 ben smith, when he was actually good!

Ben Smiths never been good... just lucky he played for us... or he'd b still out Werris Creek... No other NRL team would won't him now or 2005!!!

And this Wright will be the same!!

So how come we blooded another dud and not Kelly??

Bazal

Post Whore
What... i can't believe that ya's think his going to be any better for us then Ben Smith... to me he is just a slower and worst defender than Smith

See what DA thinks... if DA likes him, he'll keep Inu out of the team next week... as we all know how DA likes Inu!!

Ben Smiths never been good... just lucky he played for us... or he'd b still out Werris Creek... No other NRL team would won't him now or 2005!!!

And this Wright will be the same!!

So how come we blooded another dud and not Kelly??

I love how idiots who've probably never seen a kid play call them a dud based on one game which they saw in a diametrically opposing light to everyone else who's commented on it...deadset, some "fans" (and I use the term loosely in this particular case) would bitch if Jesus himself rocked up for a debut in Eels kit because he didn't tie his bootlaces right...

Jono played very well, he is a very good young player, and you've obviously never once seen him play and weren't even watching today. Simple as that. Now f**k off back under your rock and let the people with a clue discuss things, yeah?

parra.letic

Juniors
Yeah ok mate,

You do know your comparing a centre/winger with a half..

f**k if we have an injury next week in the front row then we should blood kelly there right?

bartman

Immortal
I'd expect Inu to be named in firsts for the next game.

But it's positive that DA gave another rookie a taste of firsts when he had the opportunity (through suspension), rather than just sticking with the same options (eg Etu/Tautai).

This approach will help to strengthen our squad confidence in the future when we might need it, and give a player like Jonathon the motivation to keep performing.

salvy71

Juniors
It's just good to see some young guys given a shot .....something we didn't see too much of last year .

strider

Post Whore
defense was mostly ok except that one MAJOR f**k up ... but tbh I didn't think he offered much in attack at all - in all honestly, seems a bit skinny

slippery_sucker

Juniors
I love how idiots who've probably never seen a kid play call them a dud based on one game which they saw in a diametrically opposing light to everyone else who's commented on it...deadset, some "fans" (and I use the term loosely in this particular case) would bitch if Jesus himself rocked up for a debut in Eels kit because he didn't tie his bootlaces right...

FFS Bazal... my grandmother can run faster than him!!! (she been dead 10yrs) Thats my opinon mate and im not changing it!!!

I think Jesus would probably be able to tie his laces mate :lol:

I ain't got a rock to crawl under like you mate!!
Bazal calls it his Bunker!!!

yeah seemed a little off the pace

Thank you Craig... someone that knows what to look for in a good centre!!!

I'd expect Inu to be named in firsts for the next game.

But it's positive that DA gave another rookie a taste of firsts when he had the opportunity (through suspension), rather than just sticking with the same options (eg Etu/Tautai).

This approach will help to strengthen our squad confidence in the future when we might need it, and give a player like Jonathon the motivation to keep performing.

Yea i like the fact DA is looking at everyone he has at the moment...
That has to be done now so DA knows who to retain and get rid of...

slippery_sucker

Juniors
defense was mostly ok except that one MAJOR f**k up ... but tbh I didn't think he offered much in attack at all - in all honestly, seems a bit skinny

Yea come in to tackle a bloke who has two on him already :shock:

Or Like when he was given the ball about 20mtrs out in the first half with noone in front of him and pretty much walked, well it wasn't sprinting!!!:crazy:

Or second half, corner wide open and comes in field :crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee some people just expect young blokes on debut to be world beaters, i thought he played pretty solid from a guy on debut. He made one mistake which he will learn from but he showed that he can handle this level if needed. INU should come straight back in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he'll be a better player after today, it was his first hitout in the top grade and I thought he competed well.

natheel

Coach
had a solid debut, kind of reminds me of Joel Reddy in stature (bit taller) and the way he runs too

caylo

Bench
natheel Reddy is a great finisher (which he showed today) but other than that he doesn't make too many breaks or explosiive runs. He is solid and simple and gets the job done, Wright was solid and simple... his finishing was horrid and made some dumb mistakes. I will put that down to inexperiance, and he has a solid debu... but if someone like Inu or Reddy made the same errors I would be mortified and be calling for their blood.

Gronk

Staff member
Jonathan Wright comes home with the Eels

BY ROBERT DILLON
8/06/2009 4:00:00 AM
THREE years ago he was playing alongside Cory Paterson, Scott Dureau, Tim Natusch and Akuila Uate dreaming of making his NRL debut at EnergyAustralia Stadium.Yesterday Jonathan Wright realised that lifetime ambition albeit as a member of the visiting side.
The 22-year-old centre from Mannering Park was still in a state of euphoria well after helping Parramatta to an upset 20-18 win against Newcastle in his maiden top-grade game.
"Oh mate, awesome," was how he described the experience. "I'm from Newcastle, and used to play for the Knights, so it's sort of ironic to come back here and make my debut.
"But Parramatta have given me a chance to start my career with them, so I couldn't be happier to get a crack at it."
Wright explained that he joined Parramatta at the start of the 2007 season after following head coach Michael Hagan down the F3.
In his first year with the Eels he helped them reach the Jersey Flegg grand final, where they were beaten by Penrith who had accounted for his Newcastle teammates 12 months previously.
Last year his season ended on a happier note when he was part of the Wentworthville team who pipped Newtown in the NSW Cup decider.
"I've been in a GF three years in a row, so it was nice to win that one last year," he said.
Eels coach Daniel Anderson said Wright had been training all season with Parramatta's full-time squad and progressed to the stage where they could no longer ignore his form.
"He's basically been training with us since November," Anderson said. "We've thought he was always going to play first grade this year.
"He made his position so hard for me not to select him, and that's why he's in . . . he was due."
Wright attracted a warm verbal reception from his opposite number, Junior Sau, especially after Sau strolled into a yawning gap from a scrum win to score in the 30th minute.
Anderson admitted Wright "got his pants pulled down proverbially by Junior" on that occasion but gave him top marks for his overall display.
"I thought he was outstanding," Anderson said.
Wright's form yesterday would suggest big-name centres Ben Smith and Krisnan Inu could struggle to win a recall for some time yet.
Wright confirmed Sau had produced some "cheeky" comments but enjoyed his tussle with the powerful Kiwi.
"I've played against Junior a couple of times, and he's very quick and agile for a big bloke and he likes to get outside you," Wright said. "But it was a good test, and I wanted a test in my first game, just to see if I was up to it mentally and physically."
His only minor regret was that he was unable to cap the occasion with a debut try, having been tackled just short of the line in the 70th minute.
"It would have been a dream run," he said.
"But I can't complain. I've got this one out of the way, we had a good win, and hopefully we can build on this."
With a host of family and friends cheering him on, Wright felt quite at home as a member of the visiting team.
"The whole mob came there was a few of them and they're all very proud and happy," he said.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...s-home-with-the-eels/1534135.aspx?storypage=0

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just loved the fact that all the focus was Zeb and Richie playing against his former team and Jono came in and spoilt the party..

Gold Jerry..