What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Davis

An Article I found with Josh Davis involved in the game, It looks like the boy has strength. The game was played in July.

National junior champions Wellington had completed a nine hour bus on Saturday and then had to play the best of NSW country on the Sunday. After Auckland had given NSW a lesson in power last Tuesday night the pressure was on the champions to post a big score.

It only took Wellington 12 minutes before they crossed with a beautiful team try score by Joshua Davis in the corner. Joseph Parekura missed the conversion from the right hand sideline. Wellington leads 4-0.

Wellington got its first penalty after 28 minutes and with back to back sets of six the pressure was showing in the NSW defensive line and it didn’t take long before Joshua crossed for his second, this time pure strength and determination that got the Wellington center across dragging three defenders with him. Isssac Luke converts Wellington leads 16-0.

With the game coming to a end NSW started to drift of the pace more and more letting the strong Wellington runners make a some big in roads. It didn’t take long for the strong Joshua Davis to have a go and not surprisingly he left three NSW players on the deck behind him. A big pass out wide to Davis’s outside man finished a great passage of play by the whole team. This time Alan Schirnack converts and Wellington reach the half tone just on full time.

Wellington on the other side were outstanding, showing everyone that rugby league in New Zealand has a future. Defense was very strong and considering the wet surface from the overnight rain the attack was good. There are a host of Wellington players who will have big futures in Rugby League, half back Joseph Parekura, second rower Simon Mannering and center Joshua Davis will without doubt go further with their football if they choose and their performances on the weekend would have gone a long way to securing a place in the junior Kiwis.

I edited the article as it was toooo long but kept the bits about Davis.

Utey

Coach
Everytime I hear a wrap its just makes me feel more confident that he will partner Tahu in the Centres.

U can tell im bored another article:

By PETER JESSUP
The Junior Kiwis produced a more cohesive game to level their series with the visiting England Academy side, winning 22-12 at North Harbour Stadium yesterday.

Remember the name Josh Davis because you will see the Wellington teenager, who scored three tries and set up another yesterday, in the NRL with Parramatta very soon.

The JKs had first points when Davis took an intercept 10 metres from the English line. England replied on 10 minutes when fullback Lee Smith went in near the posts. Soliola was allowed to run and went for a gap from 20m out for try two to the home side. But the home team was over next, Davis getting his second with great leg drive to carry three tacklers over the line.

England drew close again with a try to Jason Golden but the JKs drew away when Davis made a break that put Warriors development wing Marvin Filipo over at 69 minutes. There was no addition to the score.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's probably a good idea not to get too overhyped at a player but with this bloke it's hard not too.

this is the same bloke who played in the side as Iosia Sololia the roosters premier league player in the junior kiwi's and had a gun season for the roosters, infact they reckon Ricky Stuart had to hold himself back from selecting him for firstgrade as he feared that it might halt his progress to develop. You saw how good this bloke was in the premier league grand final against St George, well there's a chance that Davis could be better.

He scored three try in a match against the English acadamy with Soliola in the side.

Maybe Bush needs to head to the west of Sydney to find his WMD :lol: :lol: as this bloke looks like the real deal. ;-)

Utey

Coach
Forget bout Lyon. I think Davis would go well. I was really impressed by Iosia Sololia and the thought of Davis being better makes me feel good. :D

Wellington U17's stroll past Parramatta U17's
Written By: Pat Knox

Mon Oct 04, 4:16pm (NZ)

Parramatta Eels Under 17s completed their short tour of New Zealand yesterday going down to Wellington 14-28 at Wise Park in Wainui.

Wellington lead 20-6 at halftime with front rower Wiremu Weepu causing problems up front, supported by second rower Alan Schirneck who was the pick of the local players. The Wellington center pairing of Josh Davis and Vili Manu proved a handful and always looked dangerous, brushing off players and setting up opportunites out wide.

The Mark Horo coached side used the two week tour to develop their area players and was more than happy with what his opposite, Dion Tumoana had done in this game. Big front rower Anthony Jaovai was the pick of the Eels pack, continuosly taking the ball up well and testing the Wellington defence. While fullback Christian Inu from the clubs ‘Jersey Flegg’ team defended well throughout, and still provided something on attack late in the game for the visitors.

Former Kiwi test second rower, Horo hopes to start their next tour of New Zealand in Wellington, and head north to finish in Kaitaia.

Wellington 28

Teepa Parekura, Josh Davies, Dane Coles, Wiremu Weepu, Darren Schirneck, Ashley Parker tries
Hayden Magele 2 gls

Parrammatta 14

Jarrod Roberts, Shawn Piper, James Baustani tries
John-Paul Hawach 1 gl

GoParra

Juniors
Wish i'd known about this earlier, only a 10 minute drive from here and I could have gone and watched #-o

Utey

Coach
Doesnt matter he will be wearing the number 3 jersey next year. I hope :evil:

I have seen Cris Inu play in the Flegg and he goes good. Im surprised that he is only 17 though as flegg players are usually 18,19,20.

Another Article but I think we have seen this one before, anyway I have edited the massive article just for the main bits.

Junior Kiwis square the series against the English
Written By: Carl Ewart

It’s amazing what a week can do for the Junior Kiwis, after levelling the two test series one all against the England U18’s yesterday at North Harbour Stadium. The match was played in wet slippery conditions, but a crowed of over 800 people braved the cold to watch the Kiwis beat the English 22-12.

The Kiwis needed to start well, and that they did through an intercept try to centre Josh Davis. England replied soon after through a soft try to fullback Lee Smith next to the posts, England converted to give them a 6-4 lead.

Junior Kiwis were next to score through captain Iosia Soliola, after a strong run through a gap from 20 meters out. The next try showed what potential Kiwi’s centre Joshua Davis has, after run that looked nothing from 10 meters out, he powered over with three defenders on his back to score his second try. That put the Kiwi’s out to a 14-6 lead which was the halftime score.

It was only a matter of minutes after halftime before Davis grabbed his third try, through a simple hard straight run. And the writing was on the wall for the English, who looked down and out. However the English regrouped, and interchange prop Jason Golden scored a brilliant forwards try. The Try kept the English in striking distance, and with the score at 18-12, the feeling was that the English could make a come back like last week. But that was until Davis made yet another break that put winger Marvin Filipo away in the corner to wrap the match up.

Man of the match with out a doubt was Kiwis centre Joshua Davis. The young Wellington player, who has signed for the Parramatta Eels, was simply outstanding. Everything he did turn to gold, and he caused nightmares for English defence down the flanks. Captain Iosia Soliola (who has signed for the Roosters) was another player who worked hard, and put in a dominant display. Fullback Issac Luke, (who is set to be signed by any NRL club) was also outstanding. Safe under the high ball and always running hard, he will no doubt have a big future in the position New Zealand desperately lack in. Others to stand out were Warriors development players Dion Leuila-Briggs and Frank-Paul Nuuausala and halfback Joseph Parekura. Also special mention must be made about wing Manu Vatuvei, after a poor first test, Manu played well making excellent meters when the Kiwis desperately need it. His hit on one of the English players will be long remembered by fans, the Meli like hit sent the crowed into a major raw.

NZ Junior Kiwis 22
Try:J. Davis (3), I. Soliola M. Filipo
Goals: J. Te Reo (1)

England Academy 12
Try: L. Smith, J. Golden
Goals L. Smith (2)

Utey

Coach
Definate star of the future. The English (I think) arent exactly pushovers either.

Utey

Coach
Yeh I thought so. If Davis can produce that type of form he will be a definate keeper. But Iam pretty sure he will develop for sometime in the lower grades as Burt will most likely partner Tahu in the centres. #-o

Please don't mention that Word Burt in the same line as talented young players. Ohh I feel dirty just saying the word Burt its just as bad as saying Kusto and Caridge oooohhhhhh.

Utey

Coach
But his Smithys favourite. Mate I dont want him there either but unfortunately Iam not the coach. :cry: