What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan could start NRL season in reserves after rejecting Super League move

Ads

First Grade
I’ve heard Morris isn’t to be messed with. Sets very f**ken high standards and has little patience if you don’t buy in.

Dugan is still kicking stones about being a winger.
Has to be done. Nrl players are in no way professional enough.

shaggs

Coach
I’ve heard Morris isn’t to be messed with. Sets very f**ken high standards and has little patience if you don’t buy in.

Better to be a winger in nrl, than a centre at DLS.

fizman

Bench

I am delighted to hear that, and for that reason I don’t care who stays and who leaves the club.

I have complete faith in John Morris to be our next long term Coach. I would give him a straight up 5 year contract.

He is a player development Coach, not a man manager like Flanno.

Brilliantly suited for our Club and is magnificent with the media - they love him.

As I have mentioned previously, in his first three years as Head Coach he would not have had a full salary and home ground to work from.

I love the way our players are engaging with communities in need, and it looks like our bigger blokes have dropped a couple of kegs as well.

sharkman73

Juniors
I am delighted to hear that, and for that reason I don’t care who stays and who leaves the club.

I have complete faith in John Morris to be our next long term Coach. I would give him a straight up 5 year contract.

Brilliantly suited for our Club and is magnificent with the media - they love him.

As I have mentioned previously, in his first three years as Head Coach he would not have had a full salary and home ground to work from.

I love the way our players are engaging with communities in need, and it looks like our bigger blokes have dropped a couple of kegs as well.

It would be idiotic even for us to sign a coach with 1 year of NRL experience for 5 years.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Agree Morris has a lot of promise, but think back to that lose at brookie in the semis - promise is one thing, he delivers with a full off season, he has my vote. I’m saying that he probably needs a few...
If not - there will be bring back Dr Teeth brigade

txta2

Bench

Yeah, you have pointed out the positives but let's not forget about last season. Lots of injuries, got flogged in finals by bogey team, big buys didn't earn their salary, and their defence was poor at times. I'd give him until his contract is up before deciding.
But going by the clubs history with coaches and their culture of liking good blokes, your right he will be signed for further 5 years, regardless of results.

Last edited:

SadShark

Bench
The first coach that can get this team to win at least 3 on the trott against Manly, will be well on the way to establishing a winning culture and earning a multi year contract.
Agenda for that coach: Stop being Manly’s little bitch.

The first coach that can get this team to win at least 3 on the trott against Manly, will be well on the way to establishing a winning culture and earning a multi year contract.
Agenda for that coach: Stop being Manly’s little bitch.
100 % agree. if you can wipe your biggest hurdle, winning the thing is easy.

wibble

Bench

Yep, not good to hear Dugan is sulking, if true, and Morris is inexperienced and probably needs more runs on the board before we fully back him, but great to hear he doesn't put up with nonsense from players.

My biggest concern for him was that he was too close to the squad. Handling Dugan well (which no coach has really managed yet, and may just mean keeping him out of the top squad if he doesn't play for the team) is a good challenge for him.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yep, not good to hear Dugan is sulking, if true, and Morris is inexperienced and probably needs more runs on the board before we fully back him, but great to hear he doesn't put up with nonsense from players.

My biggest concern for him was that he was too close to the squad. Handling Dugan well (which no coach has really managed yet, and may just mean keeping him out of the top squad if he doesn't play for the team) is a good challenge for him.

Putting Dugan in Jets would also be interesting to see how he performs there, and if playing for Jets it needs to be on the wing, as that is where he would play in firsts