What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - How long do we wait?

HDragonsFan

Juniors
Hey all,

First post, so be gentle.

Just wondering what all our thoughts are on what point throughout the year, do we offer Dugan a longer term contract. IMO he has been one of our best in all three of his games. We all know we have a much more able roster shaping up for next year, and to me, Duges has to still be in that number 1 jersey for as long as possible.

If he keeps his nose clean in social media and off field, as well as performing on the field, he may well come in to calculations for a few other clubs. I am aware there were reports of an option in his contract, for an extension, but how long do we wait?

Efresh

Coach
When HardcoreDragonsFan sees he has a protege he is going to be pissed. This post is nowhere near fuzzy or tacky enough though.

Back on topic, we sign him up for 3 or 4 years but if things don't improve for us onfield we might need to pay him a little bit more.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If you want Dugan, set him free..

If he comes back to you, it was meant to be..

saints4ever

First Grade
Welcome.

Tbh I would offer him a three year deal now. Include clauses for behavior etc b ut pay him well, we aren't going that great and need some stability to know who is goibg to play where and with who next year

RedV_J

Juniors
Is he meant to be off the piss? He was out fever nightclub in the hong until 5am after we beat the eels

tumbidragon

First Grade
Sign him immediately on a 10 year contract! the only clause should be that he has to get a tat reading "property of Doust" on his arse...

Saint69

Juniors
If he is not locked in already we should be shot,the bloke is a champion and we need him go Duges.

Mr Red

First Grade
i think its more of a case of if Dugan wants to sign a long term deal with the dragons..
if he shows during the remainder of this season he is able to play good footy and keep himself out of trouble, he will have a few better offers to consider... i wouldnt be surprised if Brisbane again show interest...
a world class player will obviously want to play at a club capable of making the finals.... and i dont see that as being the dragons with Price in charge..

jenninga

First Grade
Is he meant to be off the piss? He was out fever nightclub in the hong until 5am after we beat the eels
Water?Any trouble?Game the next day?Turn up for recovery on time?
yes no no yes
If the answers are correct,what is the problem

jenninga

First Grade
i think its more of a case of if Dugan wants to sign a long term deal with the dragons..
if he shows during the remainder of this season he is able to play good footy and keep himself out of trouble, he will have a few better offers to consider... i wouldnt be surprised if Brisbane again show interest...
a world class player will obviously want to play at a club capable of making the finals.... and i dont see that as being the dragons with Price in charge..

Latest posts