What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - How long do we wait?

blacksafake

First Grade
We have needed an X factor & Dugan has delivered it hence you have to pay the top $$$$$ for it.He will only be good for us & it will ease the pressure on B Moz to deliver all our attacking flair.As for Sheens it is a no from me,sure the tigers played some exciting footy but it did help having players like Benji,Prince & Robbie.Their style was not too successful in finals footy as well & from memory the cowboys style wasn't that attractive.Dymock probably would be ok,Tony Smith maybe & I think Kevin Walters would be alright.

dragondonar1

Juniors
If we are getting rid of price I think brad Arthur would be one id go after. But it would be interesting if price just played players in their proper positions. eg a forward in the centers. I think this contract is good for us as it will increase attendances and increase our chances at attracting decent players to our side.

chemics

Juniors
Hope he had no involvement last night otherwise he wont see out another game for the dragons let alone nsw

Mr Red

First Grade
That's a large chunk of cash out of the cap. More than what he was on at the raiders. ..:oops:

the team is struggling to win a game and is near the bottom of the ladder.... naturally have to pay more then a club travelling nicely playing good footy in the top 8....

st.phil

Bench
I take these figures with a grain of salt - particularly the tele - but seems about right for a player of his unique talent.

tumbidragon

First Grade
By Godz Illa this bloke is the shit!

Statistics provided by Sportsdata support Daley's view, with Dugan leading the NRL in the period since his return on May 18 for:

most runs by any player (103);
most metres by any player (1014);
most kick-return metres by any player (402);
most tackle breaks (31); and
most attacking kicks regathered (nine).
Dugan is third for most line breaks (six), fifth for support runs (81) and second behind Slater for touches by an outside back (184 to 182).

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ts-justify-dream-comeback-20130623-2oqsj.html

Minh

First Grade
The thing that makes him so good is that he always goes looking for the ball and those stats back it up, second behind Slater for most touches, he must have a really good motor to do the rest of the things on those stats too.

TruSaint

Referee
Guys does anyone know if the contract suggested last week for 4 years has been stalled as a result of the drinking incident?

tumbidragon

First Grade
lol, code in crisis!!! Wonder what tackle he was using?

But seriously I don't think he is on a "booze ban" as part of his current contract, so a non issue really. Who hasn't sat in a boat in their front yard attempting to pull in Black Marlin after a fer cruisers?

Last edited:

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
He is obviously a massive talent and he doesn't come across as a bad bloke but at some point he needs to cut the crap and grow up. Getting drunk two nights in a row in the middle of the season with origin coming up is not a good look.

ggould

Juniors
I cant believe the double standards in the world these days christ in heaven!! Can somebody out there actually tell how much Dugan had to drink???? Seriously, everyone knows he has been wanting out of Canberra years so went about getting himself sacked not ideal but it happens. Sonny Bill Williams will tell you that,also Dugan is in the headlines for 1. Drinking @ home on the Saturday um not in camp yet!!! 2.Drinking at 22.30 @ ironicly @ 22.30 not causing anyone any trouble not responsible for what Ferguson does! um still not in camp yet!! 3. But its okay for at least half of the Qld team out celebrating birthdays and what not @ 01.00 in a pub while in camp oh and the coach gets asked to leave and hardly a ripple of complaint by anyone It gets down to who you are I guess??? Gimme a break!!!

twinkletoes

Juniors
I cant believe the double standards in the world these days christ in heaven!! Can somebody out there actually tell how much Dugan had to drink???? Seriously, everyone knows he has been wanting out of Canberra years so went about getting himself sacked not ideal but it happens. Sonny Bill Williams will tell you that,also Dugan is in the headlines for 1. Drinking @ home on the Saturday um not in camp yet!!! 2.Drinking at 22.30 @ ironicly @ 22.30 not causing anyone any trouble not responsible for what Ferguson does! um still not in camp yet!! 3. But its okay for at least half of the Qld team out celebrating birthdays and what not @ 01.00 in a pub while in camp oh and the coach gets asked to leave and hardly a ripple of complaint by anyone It gets down to who you are I guess??? Gimme a break!!!

The fact that he is even drinking and putting himself in situations where the police have been involved on 2 occassions recently, given his past track record, suggests to me that he will eventually go off the rails again. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fabulous player and I want to see him succeed at the Dragons, but I get the feeling he's always on the edge.

We are trying to build a good team for next year, and a good deal of that expectation revolves around Dugan being at fullback. I just hope we are not let down. Of course its Ok to have a few drinks, but given his past history, the current signs are not that good...

getsmarty

Immortal
Guys does anyone know if the contract suggested last week for 4 years has been stalled as a result of the drinking incident?

The interview from Origin camp with Trent Merrin (Dragons TV) suggests he is looking to sign on for a number of years. Gr8t News. :):):):)

Latest posts