What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

Ace-STi

Juniors
No doubt you are a good fellow and not trying to cause trouble.
We all know according to the papers that Duges wants big $$$$ but having a team mate commenting on that, at a post game function and then being outed for his comments on social media is not the correct thing to do.
Fair point, cheers

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I am hoping a couple of hundred thousand dollars extra a season would entice Teddy to leave the Tigers and come and play for us. I love the idea of Tedesco wearing the St George jersey.

I would also like to see him in and dragons colours.
But I doubt he will leave the tigers

corvettedragon

Juniors
Believe what you want I am simply sharing a conversation that was had to a group of people, hell maybe some one was a reporter who could have splashed it in the news! I thought other dragons fans woud want to know this info next time i won't bother!

I like and appreciate getting news from this forum. It's a great place to share rumours, views, tips etc, but not at the price of possibly causing issues amongst the players. We already have enough crap to deal with re. our coach and ceo and to put someone (particularly a young player who can be greatly affected) in a position that you have, is pretty poor.
Mate to be honest, either say what you heard and tell us it was from a players mouth (without mentioning who), or i'd rather not hear about it at all thanks. Otherwise, I know some people will always use pressure to find the source, and if so, you need to be a little more roundabout in saying who it's from and cop some flak for it, or just leave it alone.
Just my thoughts. BTW I don't think any malice was intended in the info you gave, and many might disagree with my thoughts. Cheers

The Doc

Juniors
No doubt you are a good fellow and not trying to cause trouble.
This OT.
Iv heard a few things that iv passed on also.
Its not causing trouble. As a fan i love hearing things that have been said and things that are going on.
Most is BS as we know, but some could be true.
I pass on info, so in the case that it may be true, fans know from the start.
I stated late last year that i was told Hasler agreed to terms with us. Nothing signed, but agreed to the 3 year offer.
Fans need to know, if someone heard that id love to hear it too.
I also mentioned a chat i had with Doust... where he told me he wants our top juniors signed, where i quoted him as saying "he wants to get back the 'junior days' of Ryles Bailey Hasnier Cooper Hornby Morris" etc etc.
A few called me a shit talker yet a month later all our top juniors were re-signed.
We arent starting trouble by passing on info... some turns out wrong... but that doesnt mean it wasnt said.
Iv heard so much more info recently but havnt said anything because of the reaction i got from saying Hasler agreed to terms with us.
That was good of you to say u dont think he is not looking to cause trouble.

since77

Juniors
I am hoping a couple of hundred thousand dollars extra a season would entice Teddy to leave the Tigers and come and play for us. I love the idea of Tedesco wearing the St George jersey.

I don't. Great player - but he's spent half his career so far on the sideline injured. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go down again in the next year or so. Would be terrible luck for him but its a real possibility.

Old Timer

Coach
Doc
Always a difficult area when it comes to passing info on.
IMO players names should never be attached to the statement unless it is already in the media and corvettedragon covered that point well in his post.
Then of course there is the inevitable "what's you source" comment of which I am also guilty of.
I think the bland "I was in conversation and a player / official said to me / the group " should be good enough for mot of us to accept as it is in the 1st person.
TBH I think most annoying is the " someone in the club, told a bloke close to the club who in turn told my sister, who then told me" bits of info are the ones that are most annoying because they do get challenged and meet push back by the poster when more information is requested.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Hmm interesting.... care to elaborate?

Spoke to Dufty last night at members function you could tell the guy is busting for FG... he said don't quote me but Dugan wants big $$$$$

Give him what he wants !! Throw the leagues club at him!!

possm

Coach
Dugan played very well against the Panthers. In my opinion his future lies in the centres and the Dragons should rightly price him that way. I hope he accepts the current Dragon's offer however, if he does not and moves on, the Dragons should ensure a suitable replacement. If Dugan is signed, we then need to look at our centres and make decisions on the contract extensions for Milne, Mann and Lafai.

JDHD

Juniors
I posted this in another thread but i'll post it here where it's a little more relevant.

In relation to this Telegraph article.. If this talk about the club targeting a rival fullback is true the only player that makes sense is Tedesco.

Now Dufty still has an opportunity to prove himself this year, I truly believe he has what it takes and if he succeeds then all this rival fullback talk is pointless.
However, IF (and please understand me when I say IF) someone like Tedesco is in the frame, then the club needs to throw everything they have at him. Tedesco is a once in a generation player, he is the kind of player than could single handedly win you a game and he will undoubtedly be the NSW fullback for years to come.
It makes me a little bit sick to my stomach to say that because Dufty has put so much hard work in, but Tedesco is just in a league of his own and if he is willing to open himself to negotiations, the club should offer him a contract he can't refuse.

But again as I said, if Dufty proves himself all this talk is pointless. And don't get me wrong I WANT him to succeed. But this is James Tedesco we're talking about.

I would do unspeakable things if it would get Tedesco at this club. I don't care what anyone says, he's the best fullback in the world. His output is similar if not better than Boyd, RTS etc and he's played his entire career at the Tigers. The Tigers, for god's sake. He's never had a forward pack in front of him, and RTS's best year was when the Roosters were the minor premiers, Boyd found form behond a Broncos pack coached by Bennet, Slater hasn't played in two years, etc etc etc.

possm

Coach
I would do unspeakable things if it would get Tedesco at this club. I don't care what anyone says, he's the best fullback in the world. His output is similar if not better than Boyd, RTS etc and he's played his entire career at the Tigers. The Tigers, for god's sake. He's never had a forward pack in front of him, and RTS's best year was when the Roosters were the minor premiers, Boyd found form behond a Broncos pack coached by Bennet, Slater hasn't played in two years, etc etc etc.
We can't have them all - Tedesco 1m, Dugan 1m and Hunt 1m. Maybe if we had the magic TPA connections we could do what the other front runners are doing but until then, we will have to rely on putting good cheaper local juniors into as many positions as possible.

TomRedVRiver

Bench

I 100% agree. In fact I don't think i've agreed with anything more on this forum before. Tedesco is the complete fullback, there is literally not one fault in his game and he can make an entire team's defence look ordinary just off one run. He is on track to being a future immortal (I am not joking or exaggerating), the lengths this club should go to for his signature should be more than any player they have ever targeted.
I know I may seem like i'm being dramatic, but Tedesco is that good.

We can't have them all - Tedesco 1m, Dugan 1m and Hunt 1m. Maybe if we had the magic TPA connections we could do what the other front runners are doing but until then, we will have to rely on putting good cheaper local juniors into as many positions as possible.

Understand your thoughts, however I think it was more if we let Dugan go we'll be in a position to target Tedesco. To be honest we might even be able to make a play for Teddy if we just let Widdop go and choose not to re-sign a chunk of the players coming off contract.
If Dugan leaves however, we'll be in a strong position to make a substantial offer that I believe no other club could beat.
Honestly what would you rather, re-sign Dugan to play centres and lose the opportunity to go for Tedesco? Or let Dugan go, sign Tedesco and move forward with Aitken and Milne in the centres.
I know which I would choose.

ALSGI

Bench
I 100% agree. In fact I don't think i've agreed with anything more on this forum before. Tedesco is the complete fullback, there is literally not one fault in his game and he can make an entire team's defence look ordinary just off one run. He is on track to being a future immortal (I am not joking or exaggerating), the lengths this club should go to for his signature should be more than any player they have ever targeted.

Understand your thoughts, however I think it was more if we let Dugan go we'll be in a position to target Tedesco. To be honest we might even be able to make a play for Teddy if we just let Widdop go and choose not to re-sign a chunk of the players coming off contract.
If Dugan leaves however, we'll be in a strong position to make a substantial offer that I believe no other club could beat.
Honestly what would you rather, re-sign Dugan to play centres and lose the opportunity to go for Tedesco? Or let Dugan go, sign Tedesco and move forward with Aitken and Milne in the centres.
Can't disagree with your post, makes good business sense.
However, Dugan was our best last year imo, one of our best on Saturday and I wouldn't let him go under any circumstances for at least 2 years - unless he wants more than $800k.

saintm

Juniors
Fair point, cheers
i'm not sure why you would mention this information... As you said everyone knows he wants big $$$$ but you have done nothing but cause trouble by quoting "heresay" for an up and coming kid.

P.S. Everything I have heard about the Dufty has been positive especially from people I know at Penshurst RSL jrlfc from what I've been told he is pretty quiet and doesn't say much at all!

BennyV

Referee

This all hinges on the idea that we could lure Tedesco here. Tough ask.

JDHD

Juniors
This all hinges on the idea that we could lure Tedesco here. Tough ask.

I don't think we have a snowball's hope in the Sahara of luring him to the Dragons, I just think he's a brilliant player and we should at least have a crack at him.

Latest posts