What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

FlameThrower

Bench
Dugan continues to deliver 100% at every game, I'm not sure if he will stay, but I'm pretty sure we can't keep Widdop and Dugan ?
Why can't we get a 3rd party in to backend our offer a notch or two?

SaintPauli

Juniors
Dugan was a stand out tonight. Put in 100%. What he lacked in ball playing skills tonight he made up in tackle breaks, meters gained, try saves and leading by example. He wants to stay, the rest is up to the negotiators.

blacksafake

First Grade
Simple question 1
Who in the club is a better fullback.

Simple question 2
Who out there available & is a realistic chance to sign is better & before anyone starts mentioning players like Tedesco,RTS etc forget them they are no chance of signing with us.

BTW Tedesco hasn't helped the tigers score in their last couple of games nor save many & this is not supposed to be a knock on him as I rate him highly. Just that having a ball playing fullback doesn't guarantee you'll win,as defence, kick returns & anticipation also comes into it.
Of the four imo Duges rates on top in three of them.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Todays game was just another clear example that Dugan is still our best player by a way and has been for the last 2 years . He is the clubs best fullback and will continue to be in the future . What he brings to the team can't be measured in statistics . There are no stats that show who is your most competitive player, Who leads by example , Who does not accept mediocrity on the field , Who busts his gut no matter what the situation of a game is , Who the player that the other players most like having on the field is .

If he is let leave he will not be replaceable by anybody for the reasons I touched on . Millward can walk around patting himself on the back because of the rookies he has kept . But if he cant / wont retain Dugan he has failed to keep out best player pure and simple . And as for the clubs opinion that his only position is centre I wonder if any of them have actually watched him play for us in the last 2 years. Because if they have I would employ them to pull there heads out of there arses .

I think next year with Dugan at fullback . A genuine half in Hunt and a very good young hooker in McInnes we have 3 parts of a very good spine . Throw in a running 5/8 with a good kicking game and a new coach ...Maybe somebody like JD who knows how to formulate a attacking structure around the players he has ( As he did at the Cowboys when they won the comp ) and we will be well on the way to having a very good football team .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He was outstanding. Yes as you said defensively, but also covering the back, his positioning, and out and out passion.

Well done JDB, Vaughan, and our pack overall.

LAM again, underated.. Work horse.

Agree 100% true
I was at the game and you could see duges alway helping out in defence telling the player were there was a gap ect. He and packer both look up to by the other player also JBD

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I would agree that we should retain Dugan as Dufty and Field are too small.
Dufty could replace Nightingale on the wing and when Field builds up he could play five eighth, centre or wing where we need some blistering pace. This side in the forwards reminds me of the
1977 and 1979 sides with pace, ball skills, strong running and tough defence. However the backs need improvement coordination, attack and
defence wise. We need a centre who can break the line. Aitken, Dugan, Mc Donald and Widdop have the necessary pace to score long distance tries but Lafai, McCrone and Nightingale are sadly lacking in pace and need to be replaced as purely defensive backlines are not good enough.

TRUE TRAGIC

Juniors
I would agree that we should retain Dugan as Dufty and Field are too small.
Dufty could replace Nightingale on the wing and when Field builds up he could play five eighth, centre or wing where we need some blistering pace. This side in the forwards reminds me of the
1977 and 1979 sides with pace, ball skills, strong running and tough defence. However the backs need improvement coordination, attack and
defence wise. We need a centre who can break the line. Aitken, Dugan, Mc Donald and Widdop have the necessary pace to score long distance tries but Lafai, McCrone and Nightingale are sadly lacking in pace and need to be replaced as purely defensive backlines are not good enough.

TRUE TRAGIC

Juniors
Their could be only one reason why the club would not resign Dugan as a PRIORITY. THAT IS IF SAINT BENNY AND DARIUS ARE COMING BACK.

mickeylane

Bench
Simple question 1
Who in the club is a better fullback.

Simple question 2
Who out there available & is a realistic chance to sign is better & before anyone starts mentioning players like Tedesco,RTS etc forget them they are no chance of signing with us.

BTW Tedesco hasn't helped the tigers score in their last couple of games nor save many & this is not supposed to be a knock on him as I rate him highly. Just that having a ball playing fullback doesn't guarantee you'll win,as defence, kick returns & anticipation also comes into it.
Of the four imo Duges rates on top in three of them.
Agreed!!!

mickeylane

Bench
Todays game was just another clear example that Dugan is still our best player by a way and has been for the last 2 years . He is the clubs best fullback and will continue to be in the future . What he brings to the team can't be measured in statistics . There are no stats that show who is your most competitive player, Who leads by example , Who does not accept mediocrity on the field , Who busts his gut no matter what the situation of a game is , Who the player that the other players most like having on the field is .

If he is let leave he will not be replaceable by anybody for the reasons I touched on . Millward can walk around patting himself on the back because of the rookies he has kept . But if he cant / wont retain Dugan he has failed to keep out best player pure and simple . And as for the clubs opinion that his only position is centre I wonder if any of them have actually watched him play for us in the last 2 years. Because if they have I would employ them to pull there heads out of there arses .

I think next year with Dugan at fullback . A genuine half in Hunt and a very good young hooker in McInnes we have 3 parts of a very good spine . Throw in a running 5/8 with a good kicking game and a new coach ...Maybe somebody like JD who knows how to formulate a attacking structure around the players he has ( As he did at the Cowboys when they won the comp ) and we will be well on the way to having a very good football team .
Exactly my sentiments - at this stage Millward has not acheived anything except the signing of Hunt until he resigns WIDDOP and DUGAN ..

Red V for life

Juniors
IMO, Duges ain't a $1m plus/yr player. However, I would love to see him in the Red V for the next 2-3 yrs. Surely there is some middle ground????

God knows there's enough deadwood we could cut to fund the increase. And let's be honest, a 2-3 yr timeframe is what you would expect Duffy, Field or whoever will need to completely fill the shoes.

Old Timer

Coach
What you are seeing with Dugan is only the tip of the iceberg.
There is nothing to improve in his defence, it is the best by far in the whole comp by any FB.
His attack is showing very good signs this year and he is starting to bob up as a support player in the middle of the park.
This is the area that will improve and with Hunt coming and his astute passing game and further improvement from Mc Inness and Vaughan Dugan will be outrageously difficult to handle.
Lets not confuse what other FB's do with what Dugan does because Duges is playing behind our team and no one else is.
Yes Tedesco and Moylan are scintillating in attack but as there defensive load increases and the demands of winning games and not looking flashy increases there attacking ability will lessen and their stars fade unless they get behind an exceptionally great team with the best coach and StGI have neither.
If Tedesco had to do the work Duges does he'd be too tired to run and Moylan well he would still be able to run but would have let 4 tries in.

SEAT 1A

Bench
On the last three game performances, Dugan can't do much more to prove he is worth for the 1M price tag player, so no need to look elsewhere from that respect.

blacksafake

First Grade

Bravo GC Dragon.
Really it's a no brainer isn't it?

Morrow

Juniors
Exactly my sentiments - at this stage Millward has not acheived anything except the signing of Hunt until he resigns WIDDOP and DUGAN ..

I would have thought the signing of Vaughan was something as well. Plus the re-signing of Frizz and JDB is a big one now. Just adding some thoughts no disrespect intended at all Micky

Latest posts