What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOSH DUGAN UNLEASHES ON DRAGONS

possm

Coach
If they sign him on, as the club has stated as a centre on a centre's wage and then keep him at fullback, should the club then pay him the price difference between a centre and fullback?
The club has made the distinction between a centre's and fullback's price.
One element of the mess I've spoken about previously. Now to rectify the problem, Millward would have to make it understood that Dugan would have to play in any position the coached selected him in. If this does not happen prepare for heated contract disputes down the track.

The Doc

Juniors
One element of the mess I've spoken about previously. Now to rectify the problem, Millward would have to make it understood that Dugan would have to play in any position the coached selected him in. If this does not happen prepare for heated contract disputes down the track.
Heres the problem i believe.
In that interview mary did (i think it was weilder annoying mary) mary stated "as long as im coach, and josh is at the club, josh will be fullback".
I reckon josh's manager will stick to his guns because of that comment.
At the end of the day mary picks the team, and if he has come out publicly and said josh will be fullback, then joshes manager has the amo he needs in negotiations.
Mary and Millward both f@cked up by making comments publicly.
Especially comments that contradict each other.
Both should have kept there mouths closed publicly when it came to Dugans contract.

Old Timer

Coach
Heres the problem i believe.
In that interview mary did (i think it was weilder annoying mary) mary stated "as long as im coach, and josh is at the club, josh will be fullback".
I reckon josh's manager will stick to his guns because of that comment.
At the end of the day mary picks the team, and if he has come out publicly and said josh will be fullback, then joshes manager has the amo he needs in negotiations.
Mary and Millward both f@cked up by making comments publicly.
Especially comments that contradict each other.
Both should have kept there mouths closed publicly when it came to Dugans contract.
Millward alone f**ked it up with his initial comment, he should have said absolutely nothing.
I am no Mary fan but on this subject I support him 100% as he was forced to make a statement to ensure he was stamping his authority as the coach of the team.

The Doc

Juniors
Millward alone f**ked it up with his initial comment, he should have said absolutely nothing.
I am no Mary fan but on this subject I support him 100% as he was forced to make a statement to ensure he was stamping his authority as the coach of the team.
Mate i agree 100%. Both should have said nothing publicly.
Mary, i feel, had to though.
Millward ahould never have made that "centre" comment publicly. Plain and simple.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I agree he has made way to many comments on where players may be playing next year and then contradicted himself latter .
With the Dugan situation Mary was asked directly on the Sterlo show and simply said if he and Dugan was here next year Dugan will play fullback .
Off topic but I found it interesting when he was asked about Lafai and his great form . He Talked about his pre season and the fact that they had brought him busted from the Bulldogs .

BringTheNoise

Juniors
The biggest issue I have with Millward's strategic thinking is that it appears to be 1 dimensional... He is considering the health of the roster over the next 5+ years onwards (which is obviously essential) but the issue is that his recruitment and retention strategy potentially comes at the expense of our short term success.

To prevent building a formidable, potentially premiership spine for the sake of a healthy roster 5 years from now is flawed thinking. Success today and success tomorrow shouldn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
I agree he has made way to many comments on where players may be playing next year and then contradicted himself latter .
With the Dugan situation Mary was asked directly on the Sterlo show and simply said if he and Dugan was here next year Dugan will play fullback .
Off topic but I found it interesting when he was asked about Lafai and his great form . He Talked about his pre season and the fact that they had brought him busted from the Bulldogs .
If Lafai was busted last year why did McGregor play him in front of Milne

GC Dragon

Juniors
If Lafai was busted last year why did McGregor play him in front of Milne
No Idea you need to ask Mary . But it was obvious last year his knee wasn't to flash . As I think Coast said the medical staff have done a great job with his knee in the pre season and now he is twice the player Milne is .

possm

Coach
No Idea you need to ask Mary . But it was obvious last year his knee wasn't to flash . As I think Coast said the medical staff have done a great job with his knee in the pre season and now he is twice the player Milne is .
Mary selects Favourites
Millward signs favourites

What a mess

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Millward signed Vaughn, McInnes and Hunt. Re-signed Friz, De Bellin, Widdop, They are or will be (2018 - Hunt) my favourites as well. Possibly yours to Possm. Can't sign them all. 6 out of 8 (if they don't keep Dugan/Packer) is not a bad strike rate. Ask the Tigers they know.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Millward has freed up some big dollars to upgrade and possible sign one gun back if Packer/Dugan go.

With a spine of McInnes, Hunt and Widdop so far not bad. If Field works out as we hope he does possibly the best spine in the comp.

Millward signed Vaughn, McInnes and Hunt. Re-signed Friz, De Bellin, Widdop, They are or will be (2018 - Hunt) my favourites as well. Possibly yours to Possm. Can't sign them all. 6 out of 8 (if they don't keep Dugan/Packer) is not a bad strike rate. Ask the Tigers they know.
Its not just those guys add to that something like 20 players from the junior system with some ie Zac Lomax who was one of the most sort after youngsters in his age group and he isn't even 18 yet.

Packer has not once come out and said a word other then he wants to stay Dugan the same its the media who are throwing out alot of false information and alot is to derail the Dragons.

If some one is to blame its their manager yes its his job to get them more money but at what cost just look at Rein.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Its not just those guys add to that something like 20 players from the junior system with some ie Zac Lomax who was one of the most sort after youngsters in his age group and he isn't even 18 yet.

Packer has not once come out and said a word other then he wants to stay Dugan the same its the media who are throwing out alot of false information and alot is to derail the Dragons.

If some one is to blame its their manager yes its his job to get them more money but at what cost just look at Rein.

Good post.

I think some have played judge, jury and executioner without any facts. Some circumstantial evidence sure saying we have taken too long etc.

At the end of the day there's nothing to suggest it's the dragons who are dragging their feet or delaying the process. There are two parties involved. If we had of say signed Dugan in the pre-season along with Widdop and hunt then the Cap didn't go up as much etc Millward would've been blasted for being so irresponsible.

Player managers are waiting to know the cap, thinking it's going up by X amount and therefore believe they will have more bargaining power.

I'm glad we aren't rushing into any decisions and not letting any one player hold us to ransom

Latest posts