What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep the very best of good fortune to young Josh and for that matter the entire Dragon pack .

As already said by others , under the guidance of a new and experienced coaching partnership led by Griffin , there will undoubtedly be far better performances , also our style of play and hopefully our fortitude when under pressure.

Kerr himself made the point of saying that although we have lost a lot of experience , a young team can still go places with the right man in charge .

In this instance the boys do have that individual , as I believe that Griffin will at the very least be responsible for an overall improvement from every player that wishes to give 100% effort in season 2021 .

A year that the Dragons shall finally begin to breath fire once again !

Last edited:

George Dragon

Juniors
Yep the very best of good fortune to young Josh and for that matter the entire Dragon pack .

As already said by others , under the guidance of a new and experienced coaching partnership led by Griffin , there will undoubtedly be far better performances , also our style of play and hopefully our fortitude when under pressure.

Kerr himself made the point of saying that although we have lost a lot of experience , a young team can still go places with the right man in charge .

In this instance the boys do have that individual , as I believe that Griffin will at the very least be responsible for an overall improvement from every player that wishes to give 100% effort in season 2021 .

A year that the Dragons shall finally begin to breath fire once again !
We really don't know what some of these player who have only been coached by Mary and Co are capable of.

Gareth67

First Grade
We really don't know what some of these player who have only been coached by Mary and Co are capable of.

Agree George , many supporters believe just that - with Griffin as coach (and his associates ) many players will take their game to a new level and may surprise many as to just what they are truly capable of .

I am not suggesting another class of ‘ Bath’s Babes ‘ , but a big enough jump in overall ability to give the new coaching team a solid foundation to work with for our stand-out year of season 2022 .

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
I've been bewildered by some selections from Hook - Kerr for instance who has been close to our best forward at times but gets shifted from where he's played his best and given short minutes and now dropped altogether for a bloke who tackles like a well oiled turnstile ( Burns ).
We've won 8 games this year and in 7 of them Kerr played 70-80 minutes in the 2nd row and the other game at prop. We lost a couple with him at 2nd row but he was still one of the best on field on those days - our lost to the Storm for example where he made 171 metres, 28 tackles - no misses and 5 off-loads ( that's more than Sims has made all year ) plus he smashed big Solomona a couple of times.
He was doing really well and getting better and Hook suddenly throws him on the bench or in at prop for 20-30 minutes a game ( where he still does well - he hasn't missed any tackles playing at prop ) and now he's been dropped altogether. Why ? I know some of you complain that he drops the occasional ball but he's not that bad (and he's a Dragon - we're the worst in the league for errors ). I reckon his value is in his size and his off-loads ( 27 this year ) that have lead to line breaks and tries. His defence is fine as I've said before he's great against opposition big guys looking to bust through out wide like Klemmer, Solomona, Tamalolo etc and he makes OK metres for a 2nd rower.
I hope he has a great off-season and forces his way back into the team because we're going to need him.
A good coach like Bellamy could turn Josh into a weapon why can't we ( don't answer, I already know ).

redV06

Juniors
Kerr has been average at best. Since Vaughan was sacked we’ve been waiting to see somebody step up to fill that void.

I think we’ve been lucky to have 1 prop crack the 100m (meters gained) a game. Lawrie & McGuire the only ones making any decent gains in the middle.

We should be much better next year, our young kids in Amone, Sloan & Sullivan just need us to win the middle so they have time and space to do their thing.

They’ll be so much better with Hunt leading them out there instead of Snorey.

blacksafake

First Grade
I've been bewildered by some selections from Hook - Kerr for instance who has been close to our best forward at times but gets shifted from where he's played his best and given short minutes and now dropped altogether for a bloke who tackles like a well oiled turnstile ( Burns ).
We've won 8 games this year and in 7 of them Kerr played 70-80 minutes in the 2nd row and the other game at prop. We lost a couple with him at 2nd row but he was still one of the best on field on those days - our lost to the Storm for example where he made 171 metres, 28 tackles - no misses and 5 off-loads ( that's more than Sims has made all year ) plus he smashed big Solomona a couple of times.
He was doing really well and getting better and Hook suddenly throws him on the bench or in at prop for 20-30 minutes a game ( where he still does well - he hasn't missed any tackles playing at prop ) and now he's been dropped altogether. Why ? I know some of you complain that he drops the occasional ball but he's not that bad (and he's a Dragon - we're the worst in the league for errors ). I reckon his value is in his size and his off-loads ( 27 this year ) that have lead to line breaks and tries. His defence is fine as I've said before he's great against opposition big guys looking to bust through out wide like Klemmer, Solomona, Tamalolo etc and he makes OK metres for a 2nd rower.
I hope he has a great off-season and forces his way back into the team because we're going to need him.
A good coach like Bellamy could turn Josh into a weapon why can't we ( don't answer, I already know ).
All reasonable points kit66.
I have been disappointed with him at times but he’s surely a better prop than Alvaro.
As for Bellamy doing something with him did he not come to us from the storm ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All reasonable points kit66.
I have been disappointed with him at times but he’s surely a better prop than Alvaro.
As for Bellamy doing something with him did he not come to us from the storm ?
Alvaro himself hasn’t really been given a good run, both are better than Ellis. Faumausili is the one that dissapoints me. Great leg speed and looks great but his work rate is so low. Surely we can get more out of him?

blacksafake

First Grade
Alvaro himself hasn’t really been given a good run, both are better than Ellis. Faumausili is the one that dissapoints me. Great leg speed and looks great but his work rate is so low. Surely we can get more out of him?
True
Faumausilli looks to have aggression to go with his leg speed but appears to be very lazy. Hopefully Hook can get his mind right.

thebigredv

First Grade
Dufty was a big call, controversial but correct.

But now it is time to address the bigger issue - forwards.

By 2023 we need to have landed Fotuaika or Kikau and another two props of the same ilk as Molo

You could make a case for keeping each of these but at least four have to be cut/phased out:

Sims
Kerr
Ford
Fuimaono
Faamasili
Alvaro

They are the players that we keep referring to when identifying our main weakness. I do trust Hook is well aware. I doubt we'd miss these blokes if we can bring some fresh faces in and interested to see Coric make his intro the fg next year.

Vaughan and Ellis already gone don't forget.

Hooker I think I'd like to see Mbye and McCulloch fight it out rather than share BUT yesterday showed the importance of dynamic play from that role so we need to consider Hunt with Sulli moving to halves.

kit66

Bench
If you play Kerr in the middle he seems to go completely missing when he is required to take hit-ups. Him and Poasa literally take one run per half. So disappointing.

Kerr's stats disagree with your assessment. He played starting prop twice for about 22 minutes per game and off the bench 4 times ( I'm not sure if they were all to prop ) for av 28 minutes a game. He wasn't given much ball ( a problem with our team ) but made reasonable metres when he did get it and his workrate in defence in those games was excellent. His stats are on the Dragons site and apart from one game I wouldn't call them disappointing, I'd call them encouraging. He's 25 so coming into his best years for a forward and he was a late starter remember. Like I said I hope he has a great off-season and earns himself a jersey for 2022.

redv13

Bench
Kerr's stats disagree with your assessment. He played starting prop twice for about 22 minutes per game and off the bench 4 times ( I'm not sure if they were all to prop ) for av 28 minutes a game. He wasn't given much ball ( a problem with our team ) but made reasonable metres when he did get it and his workrate in defence in those games was excellent. His stats are on the Dragons site and apart from one game I wouldn't call them disappointing, I'd call them encouraging. He's 25 so coming into his best years for a forward and he was a late starter remember. Like I said I hope he has a great off-season and earns himself a jersey for 2022.
Kerr is a good solid bench prop who should come on around the 20 min mark when the game settles down. Go hard till half time, rest up then go hard again until the 55/60 min mark. 35/40 solid minutes in tandem with Burgess.

BBTB

Juniors
We have been very patient with him as a club and he is overdue to have that breakout year. Has to be next season or good bye.
Yes,the experiment didn't work. Kerr is a lumbering prop,at best. Off the bench.Forty minutes,all in.
Tried to get excited, about Kerr, but just not a dynamic
player. He looked bewildered out wide.....bad idea Hook.

Latest posts