What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Morris to stay a Dragon?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just wondering if Josh Morris can renig his contract like Luke Lewis did to Souths and extend with Penrith? I thought no players can officially sign with another club until 30 June. Not sure just want confirmation.

Josh has been Excellent lately and it would be sad to see him go to the scum. The Scum are rubbing their hands watching him play and it's making me sick to the stomach. Some idiot said that the Bulldogs should target Brett as well and have the combination going, I think it was Geyer on footy show. What a tool.

Dragons should speak to Penrith and get some tips on how to make players turn back to the club.

Ribs

Bench
If we lost him then Gasnier took off Id be furious but if Gas stays we cant keep him as a back up..... he is a great centre so best of luck to him.

At least if he wheeeled out the "family reasons" excuse it would hold more water than Lewis and Smith....

Syren

Juniors
Sad to see Josh go but its not like he is irreplaceable. Again, 4 weeks ago majority of the people were saying how badly the Morris twins have played. If Gaz is not for playing for us next year then I would definitely want Josh to stay no doubt about it, but inevitably we will lose players each year.

Smartman

Juniors
Since he signed with Canterbury he has been playing great. What a bargain buy. Brett will follow him soon enough. :cool:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Josh Morris has played well, but Cooper and Gasnier are still far better options, and Roche and Whare are up and coming players who are better than J Morris anyway.

Brett's not going anywhere, the club is looking to tie him up to a long term contract soon.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It was reported in the papers that Canterbury are paying him 200k a season so it's probably 400k a season because what comes out of that club especially when it comes to contracts is so true.........NOT

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's a very good player. If Whare gets anywhere near his standard I'll be very happy.
Personally I don't think he will.
Roche has been no better than average in Toyota Cup this year and is no certainty to develop.

Mr Red

First Grade
Since he signed with Canterbury he has been playing great. What a bargain buy. Brett will follow him soon enough. :cool:

Bulldogs - bred not bought eh????

what a load of rubbish - the dogs have been the most active in the player market....

sour grapes, double standards, and contradictions are what the club runs on...
let go Corey hughes a member of the hughes dynasty and the last link to the "family club" genre... and buy practically a whole new team for next season....

lucky souths are in the comp otherwise the dogs would be the laughing stock of the comp:crazy:

Potsie

Juniors
Players can sign with another club up until round 13, however the old club has the final right to offer a counter up until this date (they must havethe last offer). Once this date passes the new contracts will/can be registered with the NRL thus making them now valid.

As for the dogs they no longer appear to be bringing the players up like they used to and seem to rely on purchases rather than juniors.

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
i dont blmae them...bringing up your own players these days only seems to lend itself to being f**kd over!

Latest posts