What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic from Round 20

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Good for us!

judicrd20.jpg

strider

Post Whore
i don't mean to be down on bobcat, but he can count himself pretty lucky to get a grade 2 careless for that ..... grade 2 careless is the 2nd lightest grading u can get for a high shot - it wasn't the worst high tackle i've seen, but it wasn't a non-event either

JessEel

hindmarsh4pm in another thread said:
ryan gets a week for that tackle

fui would have got 8

I've been meaning to say this...

thats the effectiveness of the judiciary to stamp out repeat offenders... Fui and the club got sick of him missing 8 weeks everytime he got a grade 1 or 2 against him named, so we've cleaned up his act and in doing so, made the game safer.

this is one aspect of the judiciary i agree with im afraid! repeat offenders have to be punished

strider

Post Whore
yeah i agree - but fui would have got a grade 2 reckless instead of a careless in the first place

I've got no problem with loading for repeat offenders ... and its ok to get a discount if u r clean .... but i think there are discrepancies in the actual grading ... ie. they decide their grading depending on whether they think the guy is a "baddy" or not

Suitman

Post Whore
I actually thought Bobcat was a victim of circumstances.
It all happened very quickly. He is not a dirty player, and the player he connected with (Ryles) was falling pretty fast, due to a good low tackle by another player. I have no doubt his intention was to get him around the stomach and chest.

In saying that, I'm glad he's going to be out.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
I am actually disappointed hes not playing.

I really really really want to see us win a game against a top side at close to full strength. We keep playing busted sides. And when they're not - we've been losing !! We need to win one of these !

strider

Post Whore
I don't think he fell much from his highest point to when he got hit .... bobcats arm was always up at his own shoulder height

yeah it probably would have hit ryles high on the chest/neck area had he not come down a bit

but in all honesty u could have drawn the same conclusion from fui's hit on kite last year

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
I don't think he fell much from his highest point to when he got hit .... bobcats arm was always up at his own shoulder height

yeah it probably would have hit ryles high on the chest/neck area had he not come down a bit

but in all honesty u could have drawn the same conclusion from fui's hit on kite last year

Can't agree. (Isn't that what forums are for?) :lol:

I thought Ryles neded up around stomach/chest height, and it was going to be a good solid hit, nothing more.

Anyway, what's done is done. Judiciary time for Bobcat.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I would like to see them get rid of any discrepancies with the gradings.

I reckon if head high tackles and the like were allowed then there would be no problems. Actually we could do away with any need for the judiciary.

strider

Post Whore
there's a point - the NRL could save some $$$s if they don't have to employ a MRC :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think Bobby has a good case to get it downgraded if he wanted to, Ryles was definitely falling.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
forward pass said:
I am actually disappointed hes not playing.

I really really really want to see us win a game against a top side at close to full strength. We keep playing busted sides. And when they're not - we've been losing !! We need to win one of these !
parra v dogs is always a tough match no matter who is in and whos out.

scottyeel

Bench
That Souths bloke is lucky not to miss any games. Intentional elbow thrown at the head of an opponent.

Hellsy

Immortal
So no-one else was charged?
Did anyone take the early guilty yet?

Brett White had a high hit on a Rooter player on Fri nite and didn't some Manly asshole get put on report for headslamming PJ?

JessEel

nope and nope hellsy - thats all the charges (unless something came out of last night)

jayman

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/6379/Default.aspx

Bulldogs to fight Ryan tackle charge
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:38 PM

Bulldogs skipper Andrew Ryan will fight a high tackle charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night in a bid to play in Friday's crucial clash with Parramatta at Telstra Stadium.

Ryan was charged with a grade two careless high tackle for his shot on St George Illawarra prop Jason Ryles on Saturday.

He would have missed one game with an early guilty plea, but will instead risk a two-game suspension by fighting the charge.

"I'm going to fight it, going to go in tomorrow night and give it a shot," Ryan said.

"We've had a look at the video, and from what I can see I pretty much couldn't do anything else.

"As far as I can see he was falling into the tackle and unfortunately it happened."

Ryles was left stunned by the 16th minute tackle and forced from the field.

The Dragons prop returned, though, in the second half, and has since said he would be willing to speak on Ryan's behalf at the hearing.

Ryan admitted the decision to fight the charge was influenced by the fact the Bulldogs are already missing international forwards Willie Mason (wrist) and Mark O'Meley (torn hamstring) through injury

Source: NRL