What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic - *Johns fights Grading*

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
judic.jpg

Hurriflatch

Referee
yep, the Knights won't win again this year

the door has been reopened for the Tigers, Cowboys and Panthers to make the finals, even the WArriors might sneak in if they can win all their games and have results go there way.

If he fights and loses, that is 4 weeks and I think that is the Knights finals campain. He will cop a 3 week brake on the chin and freshen up for the finals.

V1er

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
If he fights and loses, that is 4 weeks and I think that is the Knights finals campain. He will cop a 3 week brake on the chin and freshen up for the finals.

do byes count in the suspension, if they dont then he'll miss the first week of the finals as the knights have the bye in round 26

Stagger eel

Staff member
V1er said:
do byes count in the suspension, if they dont then he'll miss the first week of the finals as the knights have the bye in round 26

nup, he'll miss the first week.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelectrica said:
I think the knights will fight and win. A fine is sufficient.

The NRL and the judiciary have taken a hardline on this and I doubt a fine is sufficient. His excuse of it not being directed at the touchie is laughable and I think it is about time the NRL took a tough stance on abuse of officials. Provided they continue the stance then it is well worth it. Personally, he is lucky it is only three weeks - in some of the lower grade competitions he could face almost a year. He was warned after the Melbourne incident and the NRL should have taken a stance against Quinn back then. The incidence of abuse of referees and touchies is on the increase and needs to be reigned in....

The only bad thing to come out of it will be the hour and a half the Footy Show devote to how wrongly Johns has been treated on Thursday night.....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Monday, August 14, 2006

MEDIA RELEASE

The National Rugby League has issued the Newcastle Club a breach notice for $5,000 following comments by the club’s coach Michael Hagan at a post match press conference in Newcastle last Friday night.

When asked his thoughts in relation to comments alleged to have been made by one of his players to the touch judge the coach replayed:

“I think he’d be entitled to swear at him, wouldn’t you?”

The breach notice has been issued accepting that there is a separate judiciary question still to be determined in relation to a contrary conduct charge against Andrew Johns.

It is on the basis that the coach of a team has publicly endorsed the principle that players are entitled to abuse referees.

“The level of penalty reflects that Michael has both distanced himself from that suggestion since and that he has said that it was not his intention to suggest that referees could be abused,” NRL Chief Executive Mr David Gallop said today.

“But said in the heat of the moment or otherwise it conveyed a message at the time that the game cannot and will not accept.

“It is a fundamental principle of sport that the referees’ decision is to be respected.

“Passion and emotion are parts of our game but they are not an excuse for every action on or off the field.

“Players coaches and referees will all make difficult decisions in matches and at times they will each make mistakes.

“This game has worked hard to support positive community participation and NSW Government based Sports Rage Programmes.

“Like all sports we face a real challenge in recruiting enough referees at junior level even at a time when the number of kids playing the game is increasing.

“Sport can and should set a community example in terms of the need to respect rules and authority.

“We cannot have senior figures such as NRL coaches delivering the message at any time that it is okay to abuse officials.”

Newcastle has five working days in which to respond to the breach notice.

Dutchy

Immortal
Joey is a protected species - He will find a way to get off - maybe even BEAT the charge :p

CrazyEel

Bench
The Colonel said:
The only bad thing to come out of it will be the hour and a half the Footy Show devote to how wrongly Johns has been treated on Thursday night.....
The worst of all this would be having to endure their tripe so I certainly won't be watching, there is no way I would ever contemplate putting myself through that. :(

mickdo

Coach
I think this has been an accumulation of all the abuse he has been dishing out to officials without charge over the season(s). I don't disagree with the charge, but it makes it difficult to prosecute on its own merit. We will see.

strider

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

OMG - I didn't think of that #-o

BTW - did anyone see the sunday footy show? Cheif was on it and was doing his usual talking up Newcastle and TK pretty much said something along the lines of - When are you gonna stop covering everything up? ... then Cheif proceeded again with his crap #-o.... f**k he annoys me!

The Colonel

Immortal
I've given up watching the Newcastle Show. I love how most Newcastle fans now have a persecution complex thinking thje NRL is out to get the Knights.... laughable really.