What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

Hurriflatch

Referee
Risky_6 said:
Ofcourse they are going to make it,

they have the bye up their hand still.

nup in an uprecidented move the bye actually beats the Knights with David Gallop scoring 4 tries for the bye and Matt Cecchin kicking 6 from 6 all from the sideline ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
as for the Quinn thing the NRL said at the time that this was a warning do it again and you're gone well the Bucketarsed Dipstick Johns did it again

Sugar

Bench
i can picture it now this week's footy show on 9 will dedicate an hour and a half of nothing but andrew johns ass licking (AGAIN)

renouf

Juniors
so that means the by doesn't count, so he will be missing for the first week of the finals???

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't understand how the system works at all. Poore and O'Donnell pretty much did the same thing (smacking an opposition player hard in the head), except Poore was making a tackle on a falling player, while O'Donnell was using his forearm in a deliberate attack on a prone player. How can the former be judged a worse offence?:?

chewme said:
i can picture it now this week's footy show on 9 will dedicate an hour and a half of nothing but andrew johns ass licking (AGAIN)

LOL

And now it will be 5 years without a semi for Johns.

WOW.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good decision. It was dumb on Johns' part and deserves every week of this suspension. Can count himself lucky that he isn't looking at more than 4 weeks! Byes do not count as part of suspensions guys.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Thats sh*t! If he fights it is there any chance of it being downgraded? There must be about one million precedents of swearing where players have not recieved a charge. Nice consistency NRL :roll:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hurriflatch said:
as for the Quinn thing the NRL said at the time that this was a warning do it again and you're gone well the Bucketarsed Dipstick Johns did it again
How ridiculous. Quinny directed his swearing THREE times at the touch judge, yet Johns only said what he did ONCE. It is yet to be proven if it was actually directed at the touch judge. This disgraceful decision further emphasises the fact the NRL have one set of rules for some players and another for others.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Johns

round 24 - week 1 of suspension
round 25 - week 2 of suspension
Finals week 1 - week 3 of suspension*
Finals week 2 - week 4 of suspension (if they fight it)*

*=If the Knights make it that far, if not then it will carry over into 2007 the Knights can use up to 2 trial games for the suspension but they have to be NRL sanctioned trials otherwise it will carry into the 1st week or 2 of the 2007 season

skeepe

Immortal
I love it. High and mighty Johns brought back to Earth with one almighty thud!

Seriously, I have maintained for years that the man is nothing but a petulant, arrogant bad sport... looks like I have been proven right again.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Knights should fight this. Its a bit of a heavy penalty imo. I reckon the touchie should get a few weeks instead for missing what happened.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
How ridiculous. Quinny directed his swearing THREE times at the touch judge, yet Johns only said what he did ONCE. It is yet to be proven if it was actually directed at the touch judge. This disgraceful decision further emphasises the fact the NRL have one set of rules for some players and another for others.

Fact is mate is that Johns is supposed to be a role model for kids. Johns was clearly out of line. Do you see Darren Lockyer swearing at touch judges? No. Fact is that Johns has been treading a fine line for a while with his behaviour, and needs to face facts and cut the rubbish out of his game. Good decision.