What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

Jono078

Referee
Iafeta said:
vippo, jobdog, and others who's logins are being controlled by Paul Harragon - seriously, deal with it. He got his just deserves.

Please just wait to the Footy Show when you and your mates Matty and Andy will join you all to cry in your milk live on national TV... what else is on Thursday nights boys?

Hard to deal with it knowing your season is basically finished over something so ridiculous which you see every week.

t-ba

Post Whore
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Is Ceccin still in first grade this week?

imo, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Simpkins. Simpkins made some diabolical decisions on the night...

Iafeta

Referee
Vippo/Jobdog, can you heed to sunny's request and have Joey getting whipped at the judiciary on your little show That's Gold?

Master Vippo

Juniors
Iafeta said:
vippo, jobdog, and others who's logins are being controlled by Paul Harragon - seriously, deal with it. He got his just deserves.

Please just wait to the Footy Show when you and your mates Matty and Andy will join you all to cry in your milk live on national TV... what else is on Thursday nights boys?

Get stuffed mate. I dont watch the footy show. But i still think its an inconsistent call. Many other players do it, so every other player should also be suspended. If there is consistency after this, and every contrary conduct gets a similar punishment, fine. But i doubt it.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Snoopster is right, Quinn gets a penalty against him, Johns gets 4 weeks?

Something wrong there...

wow, somebody not blinded by Johns hate!

I think Johns is a c*ck from all reports i have heard off the feild about him, but i think this is a rough call.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jono078 said:
Hard to deal with it knowing your season is basically finished over something so ridiculous which you see every week.

Johns should have thought about that before swaering at the touch judge FFS! He has been a brat for a few years Johns, and gets what he deserves!

Ziggy the God

First Grade
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done NRL.

If this was allowed to go through to the keeper, then it would be open season on the refs. I can't believe that Newcastle supporters believe that he should of got off with no charge at all.

edabomb

First Grade
t-ba said:
imo, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Simpkins. Simpkins made some diabolical decisions on the night...

Yea there was some poor officiating that's for sure. I have no problem with the suspension of Johns, maybe a bit excessive. However I hope the officials also have to answer up to some of the obvious things they missed (namely Quinns knock on and the knock down from Matai).

They seem to be making an example out of Johns too IMO. How many sightings have there been for abusing the officials this season?

Jono078

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Johns should have thought about that before swaering at the touch judge FFS! He has been a brat for a few years Johns, and gets what he deserves!

Look im not saying he deserves no penalty, but was that worth ending our season? I dont think so tbh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One face, one action:

:lol:

Sucked in Andrew. Bye bye Newcastle.

The Colonel

Immortal
Monday, August 14, 2006

MEDIA RELEASE

The National Rugby League has issued the Newcastle Club a breach notice for $5,000 following comments by the club’s coach Michael Hagan at a post match press conference in Newcastle last Friday night.

When asked his thoughts in relation to comments alleged to have been made by one of his players to the touch judge the coach replayed:

“I think he’d be entitled to swear at him, wouldn’t you?”

The breach notice has been issued accepting that there is a separate judiciary question still to be determined in relation to a contrary conduct charge against Andrew Johns.

It is on the basis that the coach of a team has publicly endorsed the principle that players are entitled to abuse referees.

“The level of penalty reflects that Michael has both distanced himself from that suggestion since and that he has said that it was not his intention to suggest that referees could be abused,” NRL Chief Executive Mr David Gallop said today.

“But said in the heat of the moment or otherwise it conveyed a message at the time that the game cannot and will not accept.

“It is a fundamental principle of sport that the referees’ decision is to be respected.

“Passion and emotion are parts of our game but they are not an excuse for every action on or off the field.

“Players coaches and referees will all make difficult decisions in matches and at times they will each make mistakes.

“This game has worked hard to support positive community participation and NSW Government based Sports Rage Programmes.

“Like all sports we face a real challenge in recruiting enough referees at junior level even at a time when the number of kids playing the game is increasing.

“Sport can and should set a community example in terms of the need to respect rules and authority.

“We cannot have senior figures such as NRL coaches delivering the message at any time that it is okay to abuse officials.”

Newcastle has five working days in which to respond to the breach notice.

Raider_69

Post Whore
sunny said:
i dare someone to nominate this for the chief's "that's gold" segment on the footy show :lol:

done and done, email fired away

"Thats Gold Entry:

Dear Cheif, i would like to nominate the NRL's efforts in suspending Andrew Johns for his out burst on friday night for thats gold... Nothing funnier then the holier then thou Joey being brought back down to earth

THATS GOLD!

Cheers
Nick"

edabomb

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
done and done, email fired away

"Thats Gold Entry:

Dear Cheif, i would like to nominate the NRL's efforts in suspending Andrew Johns for his out burst on friday night for thats gold... Nothing funnier then the holier then thou Joey being brought back down to earth

THATS GOLD!

Cheers
Nick"

:lol::lol::lol:

Harragon will wet his pants reading that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Michael Hagan has also been given a $5,000 fine for his comments at the post match conference when he said that Johns was allowed to abuse the officials.

Cletus

First Grade
Fully deserves three weeks. He obviously directed it Checcin, and they've got it him on video doing it. I can't believe the bullsh*t Johns is coming out with, that column he wrote about it was disgraceful.

Completely destroys Newcastles chances of winning this year, they'll probably meet the Dogs in the first week of the finals without Johns. But the NRL can't let any player get away with doing what Johns did, even if he is the biggest player in the game.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jono078 said:
Look im not saying he deserves no penalty, but was that worth ending our season? I dont think so tbh.

Direct your anger to Johns rather than the judiciary then - as captain he should know better. Regardless of the circumstances you cannot abuse the officials.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jono078 said:

Sorry, how exactly does it end your season? He is back round 2 of the finals. A good team can win without one of its players!:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Direct your anger to Johns rather than the judiciary then - as captain he should know better. Regardless of the circumstances you cannot abuse the officials.

BINGO!

Latest posts