What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

Hurriflatch

Referee
vippo19 said:
Thats sh*t! If he fights it is there any chance of it being downgraded? There must be about one million precedents of swearing where players have not recieved a charge. Nice consistency NRL :roll:

There is a huge difference between saying

"Sir this is a f***ing bad decision"

and what Johns said which was

"You're a F***ing C****"

Bicey_18

Bench
skeepe said:
I love it. High and mighty Johns brought back to Earth with one almighty thud!

Seriously, I have maintained for years that the man is nothing but a petulant, arrogant bad sport... looks like I have been proven right again.

And yet we still will finish ahead of ur mob ;-)

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Did Quinn come out and say in the paper he wouldn't apologise? Fair call. He beat this up himself, he wears the consequences.

The funny thing is I bet he fights it and gets it downgraded to 1 or 2 weeks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
GOLD GOLD GOLD
I love it!

Joey's mouth has ended the knights season :lol:
Hilarious! :lol:

As skeepe said, he is a petulant, arrogant bad sport, having a tanty and throwing his toys out of the pram when things dont go his way

*BOOM!*
Whats the sound?
thats the sound of barge arse being brought back to earth

renouf

Juniors
I reckon he'll fight it and only serve 2 weeks.. freeing him up for the first week of the finals

Master Vippo

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
There is a huge difference between saying

"Sir this is a f***ing bad decision"

and what Johns said which was

"You're a F***ing C****"

Did he say 'your a ...' or did he just yell in frustration 'f***ing c***'?

Even so, there is obviously precedent somewhere. 4 weeks is a bit harsh.

c_eagle

Juniors
This suspension was served partly because of the smarmy article he wrote in the Telegraph yesterday.

Hurriflatch

Referee
you wonder why their are no decent refs coming through it's because of morons like Johns abusing them out of the game.

Bicey_18

Bench
Raider_69 said:
GOLD GOLD GOLD
I love it!

Joey's mouth has ended the knights season :lol:
Hilarious! :lol:

Not necessarily.... Your mob wont win another game, Brisbane may not win another game so we could still nab 6th .. 1 and 2 win easily and therefore we still have another crack with Johns returning in the 2nd week

c_eagle

Juniors
I hope that Manly finish 3rd and the Knights finish 6th.

Actually, I'd still prefer the Raiders.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
you wonder why their are no decent refs coming through it's because of morons like Johns abusing them out of the game.

Exactly. Johns has a responsibility as a role model and breached that responsibility!

Sugar

Bench
4 weeks he should be happy with that. i once copped 8 weeks for saying something similar to a touchie a few years back .There pretty strict on abusing officials in bush footy:crazy:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bicey_18 said:
Not necessarily.... Your mob wont win another game, Brisbane may not win another game so we could still nab 6th .. 1 and 2 win easily and therefore we still have another crack with Johns returning in the 2nd week

:lol: you maybe right, we may not win another game as our last two are against melbourne and the sharks, but logically if we are a legitmate top 8 team (which we are as much as it pains some of you to admit it), we will roll the sharks easily

Iafeta

Referee
vippo, jobdog, and others who's logins are being controlled by Paul Harragon - seriously, deal with it. He got his just deserves.

Please just wait to the Footy Show when you and your mates Matty and Andy will join you all to cry in your milk live on national TV... what else is on Thursday nights boys?

Snoop

Coach
I don't think Johnsy should get away with what he did but I am a bit bemused about the severity of the grading. I reckon the Knights could put up a pretty strong case for the offense to be downgraded at the least. If the NRL wants to make a strong stand against verbally abusing refs (and they should) then I would think a hefty fine would be better in conjunction with a stint on the sideline. But after taking no action against Quinn I think a grade 3 CC charge is just too easy to argue against.

Having said all that I hope he fights it, loses and sits out for four weeks. He's an awesome football player but there doesn't seem to be much to him beyond that.

sunny

i dare someone to nominate this for the chief's "that's gold" segment on the footy show :lol:

Latest posts