What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

borat

Bench
CrazyEel said:
Why?? He hasn't been charged for swearing, he's been charged for CC of dissent and abusing a match official, doesn't matter what language he used.

My point was there will be countless other examples of exactly the same contrary conduct, including as stated before when Quinn said the same thing 3 times.

If this is about the article he will get away with this. Blame will be shifted to the ghost writer imediately

mickdo

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
You're a effin c.
334622.jpg

bluesbreaker

Bench
4 weeks is a much more serious penalty than what the offence warranted, but hey, if he kept his mouth closed he wouldn't be in this situation, now would he?

Good one Joey, you've single-handedly f**ked up our premiership hopes.

wahoo202

Juniors
Quinn swore directly at a touchie on three occasions, and got away with just conceding a penalty.

Johns "ALLEGEDLY" (ie. never proved) swore at a touch judge ONCE in the heat of the moment after a blatant miss by both officials. Penalty? Four weeks? Please.

And of course let's not forget dear old BK, who was broadcast on national TV telling an referee to his face "Sh!t decision" earlier this season (or was it last?). Penalty? Not likely.

It's time referees were held accountable for their f**k ups.

Oh, and I have met Andrew on a number of occassions, and have found him to be nothing but a gentleman.

CrazyEel

Bench
mickdo said:
Huh? Of course it matters. If he had said the c word 50 times to an official he'd be on a higher charge than if he just said s**t. And what is 'abusing a match official' if it doesn't cover swearing???
You can abuse an official without swearing mate, I once had to cop a suspension for that one myself. They don't like being called idiots, cheats or friggin blind. I was suspended for simply telling the tool he "was a blind genius that needed someone to read the rules to him" and off I went for 2 weeks, no swearing at all. :oops:

Leagueguy

Juniors
Can we stop using the word "Officials" too please and just say referees? When people are angry at the refs (which is on a weekly basis) , there effing bastards and effing wankers. Yet when Johns does it suddenly they are "Sporting Officials", men who deserve great respect, who we should treat with great consideration. Is anyone on here actually generally appalled by his behivour?

mickdo

Coach
borat said:
My point was there will be countless other examples of exactly the same contrary conduct, including as stated before when Quinn said the same thing 3 times.

If this is about the article he will get away with this. Blame will be shifted to the ghost writer imediately
It means nothing. We see plenty of high shots go uncharged every week, plenty of forearms, plenty of grapples etc. When a player keeps on coming under scrutiny week after week for the same thing then they might be lucky enough to get a warning letter and then eventually get a charge. That's the way it goes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
4 weeks is much more serious penalty than what the offence warranted, but hey, if he kept his mouth closed he wouldn't be in this situation, now would he?

Good one Joey, you've single-handedly f**ked up our premiership hopes.

Agreed, and your last line hits the nail. If joey shut up and said nothing he would be playing next week!

Snoop

Coach
I'm going to have to change my view of RABK. That's twice in two months you've managed to take an objective view of a Johnsy tantrum.

As for the passion/heart on his sleeve excuse, it just doesn't hold any water. Johns isn't the only guy around who is passionate about his football. Does being passionate entitle someone to hurl possibly the two foulest words in the English language at an official? Perhaps we should be letting Morely get away with kneeing people and taking their heads of because he's just aggressive and we like agression in RL. No. He's agressive and great to watch when he controls his aggresssion but when it gets out of hand he's gotta sit on the side line and have a little think about what he's done. Likewise with Johns. He doesn't hide his passion but neither does he always control it and that cannot be tolerated.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Leagueguy said:
Is anyone on here actually generally appalled by his behivour?

Yes I am. He did the wrong thing. There were 100's of thousands of viewers watching Johns behave like a tool. He has to act accordingly!

borat

Bench
mickdo said:
They were warned after the Quinn incident. They didn't listen. You can only issue so many warnings. If it just happened to be rd 23 then so be it.

You say "they" but it is A Johns thats been cited, not the club. I just don't beleive it warrants a 2 week suspension. It would be far more an example to Kids to show that the Refs won't accept that sort of abuse on the field and send him off or to the bin. But all we saw on Friday was a big nothing from the Ref.

mickdo

Coach
CrazyEel said:
You can abuse an official without swearing mate, I once had to cop a suspension for that one myself. They don't like being called idiots, cheats or friggin blind. I was suspended for simply telling the tool he "was a blind genius that needed someone to read the rules to him" and off I went for 2 weeks, no swearing at all. :oops:
Sure, and that's why there are gradings for these things. 50 effing c's would probably get you a longer holiday than just the one, or even none.

Hutty1986

Immortal
CrazyEel said:

:lol: Sounds like a perfect description of all the refs

mickdo

Coach
borat said:
You say "they" but it is A Johns thats been cited, not the club. I just don't beleive it warrants a 2 week suspension. It would be far more an example to Kids to show that the Refs won't accept that sort of abuse on the field and send him off or to the bin. But all we saw on Friday was a big nothing from the Ref.
And the NRL can't issue a general warning to a club to cover all players? It isn't as if Johns hasn't done this sort of thing before...

mickdo

Coach
CrazyEel said:
I was suspended for simply telling the tool he "was a blind genius that needed someone to read the rules to him" and off I went for 2 weeks, no swearing at all. :oops:
Nice spray by the way ;-)

Leagueguy

Juniors

Good point. Why didn't he get sent to bin? Maybe because its just part of the game and wasn't that big a deal.

borat

Bench
mickdo said:
It means nothing. We see plenty of high shots go uncharged every week, plenty of forearms, plenty of grapples etc. When a player keeps on coming under scrutiny week after week for the same thing then they might be lucky enough to get a warning letter and then eventually get a charge. That's the way it goes.

Its far easier to argue that one high shot is differnt to another. However the words f'n c are the same no matter who says it. If this was such abad offense that all the refs and clubs knew about, then why wasn't he sent off. It wasn't missed, it was reported.