What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Gareth67

First Grade
What a f**king joke the NRL really is

Of course we should not be too downhearted about the NRL’s kindheartedness to one of the lesser lights of the competition ( 2021 Grand-finalist ) as I am sure that they shall show the same leniency to our Big Red V players . 😳

Mitchell’s so called tackle was nothing more than back-lane thuggery , the only thing that was missing from it was a broken beer bottle .

One only had to look at Manu’s after the incident , the poor sod’s face showed just how much emphasis was placed on sheer bloody viciousness by Mitchell .

Well done NRL - you have earned yourselves yet another gold star award from the big boys of the competition ! It would appear even at this early stage of 2022 that all clubs shall be treated fairly - as long as the money clubs have it even more so .

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
I hope the consistency stays and players that cause people long term injuries due to a bad tackle are banned 5 weeks minimum but I doubt it will unfortunately. Lucky Saints have a heap of forward because they will not be under the microscope again as for poor Rava. 1 big hit and he is gone for 5 weeks minimum.
This is the concern - you just know Rava's going for a long time the first time he hits someone hard. Lucky we have a few blokes in line for a wing spot this year.

rasaint

Juniors
Check my post from a few days ago on Fui tackle. I noted that on occasion in a number of games the ‘hip drop’ type tackle in various forms is disguised in 2-3 player tackles. Some hip drops are seemingly ignored whilst others cited and given high gradings. Most are simply inadvertent and occur in the moment, as Fui tackle was on the weekend. In fairness the Munster tackle was likely inadvertent also.( oh someone will explain away the Munster one)

It is difficult not to believe that some clubs and their players may be treated differently in tackle citings and gradings. That is why some players have a terrible suspension record and heavy previous loadings added, whilst others may be simply being cited with fluffy grade ones.

This is a real bug bear of mine. I reckon judge each cited case on its merit, free of the fear of defending a matter due to a perception ? that the judiciary Members are extra reluctant to decide contrary to Match Reviewers.
I dislike this whole categories and grading of offences, different suspension terms, penalty loadings used by the NRL.

Gareth67

First Grade

jeffdragon

Bench
Watch Tamou's tackle on walker in the trial tonight.
Dont know how walker didn't hurt himself.
Yet tamolu on report no sin bin.
It seems like one rule one week and one team snd rules for others.
Then a cannonball by Lindsay Collins.,no sin bin on report.
Same shit as magic round last year and we copped it.
See how the wankers on the judiciary deal with tamou.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Happened to watch a bit of the Tigers Roosters trial and witnessed a tackle in that game where James Tamou sent Walker base over apex when attacking his legs during a kick.
Luckily, Walker wasn't hurt but what was remarkable was that Tamou didn't even cop a bin. Check out the tackle. It made Fui's tackle on Dunster look a loving pat.

I know it's easy to cry foul in a club rivalry sport but this goes beyond self interest. It's so demoralising to see the favouring, prejudice and inconsistency is set to foul this season as well. Fuimaono has work to do on his style but if he is copping 5 games then Tamou needs a couple months to keep things proportionate. Won't happen.

rasaint

Juniors
Fui tackle on his future brother in law was unremarkable ; until Dunster’s quick spin through about 130 degrees attempting to pull out of tackle caused an inadvertent injury. Dunster’s dad ( good on his honesty) noted that the tackle was a freak accident happening in a split second. Dunster’s injury ( hope he recovers well and has a top footy career) probably caused the high grading not the nature or intent implied.

The NRL system of categorising and then grading followed by set penalties, thereby establishing a basis for ‘prior incident loadings’ is open to the suspicion of manipulation. It is a poor look in my view.

Trifili13

Juniors
Collins tackle was twice as bad as Fui’s
Therefore he should get 10 weeks.
Just saw the Collins and Tamou tackles. This is what the NRL should crack down on. Collins made a conscious decision to attack the legs of a defenseless player. He could have went higher like the 2 Roosters already in the tackle or just stayed out of the tackle all together. Fui was one on one and the opponent was try to escape the tackle. It was unfortunate that Dumpster got injured and just sheer good luck that the Tigers player did do an ACL. The Tamou tackle was also dangerous and could have resulted in a bad injury to Walker but IMO a bit unlucky and one of those situations that end up looking nasty given the speed of the game and slightly mistimed and you end up attacking the legs. Collins however made the decision to go low at the legs.

Will be interesting if and how long Tamou and Collins get suspended. Shudder to think how long Fui or Moose would have gotten if they did those tackles.

Yow

Juniors
Just saw the Collins and Tamou tackles. This is what the NRL should crack down on. Collins made a conscious decision to attack the legs of a defenseless player. He could have went higher like the 2 Roosters already in the tackle or just stayed out of the tackle all together. Fui was one on one and the opponent was try to escape the tackle. It was unfortunate that Dumpster got injured and just sheer good luck that the Tigers player did do an ACL. The Tamou tackle was also dangerous and could have resulted in a bad injury to Walker but IMO a bit unlucky and one of those situations that end up looking nasty given the speed of the game and slightly mistimed and you end up attacking the legs. Collins however made the decision to go low at the legs.

Will be interesting if and how long Tamou and Collins get suspended. Shudder to think how long Fui or Moose would have gotten if they did those tackles.
Uncle Nick will probably cover the fine .Golf anyone?

BLM01

First Grade
Surprise surprise Roosters prop after a classic illegal cannonball tackle that could of resulted in a season ending injury like Dunster's gets off with a fine. ....so I was right it is the injury result and media focus / replays or stories that determines the punishment.
So if Dunster gets up and walks..no suspension for Fui. I dont get it.

I heard the media early this morning saying Tamou's suspension should be a week..not a fine sufficient or anything less or more. Yep thats right..that is what he got.

Who says its the media influence and playing judge and jury ad nauseum infuences the outcome.
Fed dinkum this is worse than the rort that is sport gambling
Sooner NRL...does not matter wont happen
Rant over

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
Collins gets a $750 fine. I'd like to know what for. Either the tackle is legal and no suspension or it's illegal and dangerous and should cop a suspension. These fines for "sort of dangerous" tackles is rubbish. It's like saying I'm sort of pregnant, you either are or you aren't, no grey areas.

Crush

Coach
Surprise surprise Roosters prop after a classic illegal cannonball tackle that could of resulted in a season ending injury like Dunster's gets off with a fine. ....so it is the injury result that determines the punishment. So if Dunster gets up and walks..no suspension for Fui. I dont get it.

I heard the media early this morning saying Tamou's suspension should be a week..not a fine sufficient or anything less or more. Yep thats right..that is what he got.

Who says its the media influence and playing judge and jury ad nauseum infuences the outcome.
Fed dinkum this is worse than the rort that is sport gambling
Sooner NRL...does not matter wont happen
Rant over
Don’t even bother mate, no good for your blood pressure. You know the drill, Roosters get treated very differently to Dragons at judiciary.
Just ignore it, better, healthier.

Latest posts