What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Yow

Juniors
Collins gets a $750 fine. I'd like to know what for. Either the tackle is legal and no suspension or it's illegal and dangerous and should cop a suspension. These fines for "sort of dangerous" tackles is rubbish. It's like saying I'm sort of pregnant, you either are or you aren't, no grey areas.
Uncle Nick has done it again everyone if you can post or ring a sports program or nrl asked for a honest answer

Carlton

Juniors
The club need to stop turning the other cheek and trying to play the good citizen, it doesn't work. Instead of meekly accepting the judiciary sentences they need to start being vocal and calling out the inequity. Until they do nothing will change.

This is a classic case of a bully and his/her victim, while the victim is meek the harassment doesn't just continue it gets worse. The club needs to start fighting back, being loud, being obnoxious about it if necessary. I'd rather the boys club hated us but treated us fairly rather than patting us on the head for being good sports and shafting us at every opportunity.

The club were wrong in not vigorously defending Rava and he is now in a situation where any indiscretion, no matter how minor is major weeks and its a given he must be a in the wrong. They should have explored every avenue to fight Ravas charges including legal action and sent a clear message that they are not going to roll over any longer.

This is the area that I am most disappointed with the club and want them to show some backbone and defiance.

Gareth67

First Grade
Lindsay Collins apparently free to play in Round 1. Tamou to miss just 1 week.
The judiciary BS has started early this season.
So it would appear that the Dragons are still the judiciary’s whipping boys for this year as well . I watch Tamou’s so called tackle on Walker and the big sod knew exactly what he had done was wrong as did the ref.

Unfortunately however the fools who make up the judiciary could only see no real harm in it .

And that my friends is what shall be the difference between the Dragons making the eight this season . It will not be teamwork , nor brilliance , nor even the coaching , but just how many Dragons stand in front of those pure white former players who make up the rugby league judicial system .

boardlumps62

Juniors
Surprise surprise Roosters prop after a classic illegal cannonball tackle that could of resulted in a season ending injury like Dunster's gets off with a fine. ....so I was right it is the injury result and media focus / replays or stories that determines the punishment.
So if Dunster gets up and walks..no suspension for Fui. I dont get it.

I heard the media early this morning saying Tamou's suspension should be a week..not a fine sufficient or anything less or more. Yep thats right..that is what he got.

Who says its the media influence and playing judge and jury ad nauseum infuences the outcome.
Fed dinkum this is worse than the rort that is sport gambling
Sooner NRL...does not matter wont happen
Rant over
You are dead set right was it in the the Tiger V Rooster Match and the Manly v Canberra Match I'm sure I saw two instances where players attacked the knees of players already held. I will repeat deliberately attacked the knees and not much done. The commentators banged on about how dangerous it was. It was like they decided what the charge should be. I watched this then it went quite not sure which game it was like someone to told them to shut up. Then the Collins tackle which was a deliberate attack there was a penalty but no ten min the bin no commentary no charge.
But Fyi the Dragon cops a 5 week holiday for an accidental tackle. Help me out here in flabergasted.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
The problem I see is that most commentators are ex players and have allegiances to their old clubs and their views seem to influence not only the judiciary but in imo also the picking of rep sides. Compounding this are the journos that never seem to have an original thought but all peddle the same message.

Gareth67

First Grade
Surprise surprise Roosters prop after a classic illegal cannonball tackle that could of resulted in a season ending injury like Dunster's gets off with a fine. ....so I was right it is the injury result and media focus / replays or stories that determines the punishment.
So if Dunster gets up and walks..no suspension for Fui. I dont get it.

I heard the media early this morning saying Tamou's suspension should be a week..not a fine sufficient or anything less or more. Yep thats right..that is what he got.

Who says its the media influence and playing judge and jury ad nauseum infuences the outcome.
Fed dinkum this is worse than the rort that is sport gambling
Sooner NRL...does not matter wont happen
Rant over
So good to see another ranter 😡 in our ranks , doing it all alone is not good for my blood pressure .

Harry Bath

Juniors
Does Josh McGuire have any Indigenous background?, I hope so, if he does the club needs to have his suspension reduced by a match due to him being a shoe in to be selected in the All stars game.

BLM01

First Grade
More judiciary BS - Tevita Pangai Jnr free to play in Round 1 after his shenanighans v Cr*n*ll* on Monday.

Cue : "If it had been Josh McGuire..."
They forgot about the elbow to the head to Katoa when lying on the ground (first report)
But its Canterbury and now media fave Gus is in charge.
There will be no spoon this year, it will not be good for the club nor the game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Our Josh has himself a bad record and that is with just about every club he has played for . Remember a couple of seasons back when he flattened Duffy ? We all had it in for him them including myself , hell I even had my voodoo doll out sticking huge bloody pins in it .

Nevertheless the man has been hard done by a couple of times since donning the Big Red V . His style of play is in the category of player from the 60’s and 70’s that the NRL is attempting to rid from the game .

He can still be an asset to the Dragons as he has proven already , but only if he is able to control his aggression .
Perhaps Griffin needs to pull him aside before he returns in round 6 ( ? ) and tell the man to tone it down somewhat or he will find himself watching more games from the stands .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Our Josh has himself a bad record and that is with just about every club he has played for . Remember a couple of seasons back when he flattened Duffy ? We all had it in for him them including myself , hell I even had my voodoo doll out sticking huge bloody pins in it .

Nevertheless the man has been hard done by a couple of times since donning the Big Red V . His style of play is in the category of player from the 60’s and 70’s that the NRL is attempting to rid from the game .

He can still be an asset to the Dragons as he has proven already , but only if he is able to control his aggression .
Perhaps Griffin needs to pull him aside before he returns in round 6 ( ? ) and tell the man to tone it down somewhat or he will find himself watching more games from the stands .
In the trial games Moose payed in this year he showed better judgement and temperament and appeared to tone down his aggression. Maybe Hook has already spoken to him about these points.

He just needs constant reminding and so too Fui, although, whatever he does is now being closely examined by the match review team.

I do agree with what Carlton said earlier - viz. "The club need to stop turning the other cheek and trying to play the good citizen, it doesn't work. Instead of meekly accepting the judiciary sentences they need to start being vocal and calling out the inequity. Until they do nothing will change.".

Gareth67

First Grade
I must confess that I had not read Carlton’s post until now , however our club has been very timid in that particular area of defending their player , more so if he has been hard done by .

I boil inside when our mob simply accepts the charge and the corresponding sentence that comes with it .

Carlton is certainly right on that score . We need our hierarchy to get onto the media and whinge and whine the same as Robinson or Bellamy does .

Inisai Toga

Juniors
In the trial games Moose payed in this year he showed better judgement and temperament and appeared to tone down his aggression. Maybe Hook has already spoken to him about these points.

He just needs constant reminding and so too Fui, although, whatever he does is now being closely examined by the match review team.

I do agree with what Carlton said earlier - viz. "The club need to stop turning the other cheek and trying to play the good citizen, it doesn't work. Instead of meekly accepting the judiciary sentences they need to start being vocal and calling out the inequity. Until they do nothing will change.".
Agree, but both have to dramatically change their approach, now! No more second chances for these guys, otherwise no good to us.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree, but both have to dramatically change their approach, now! No more second chances for these guys, otherwise no good to us.
Fui and Moose are not the typical hotheads in my view. They just do things that are seen to be wrong by the officials and as a result get penalised - sin bins/suspensions. Even Fui's tackle on Papenhuyzen just went wrong imo. McGuire needs to tackle much lower to avoid careless head highs which has been his downfall.

If both can change their approach now as you put it Inisai, we might keep our team more intact throughout the year - save for injuries/covid problems.

Crush

Coach
Fui and Moose are not the typical hotheads in my view. They just do things that are seen to be wrong by the officials and as a result get penalised - sin bins/suspensions. Even Fui's tackle on Papenhuyzen just went wrong imo. McGuire needs to tackle much lower to avoid careless head highs which has been his downfall.

If both can change their approach now as you put it Inisai, we might keep our team more intact throughout the year - save for injuries/covid problems.
Fui is careless, Moose is a thug.
Both are liabilities.

Dragon David

First Grade
Fui is careless, Moose is a thug.
Both are liabilities.
Whether or not these guys will continue to be liabilities we will just have to wait and see. McGuire is seen to be a "bad boy" but I still think that he could mellow this year. Fui on the other hand has been wreckless and careless in several games and will be a problem.

Luckily we have other guys who can readily replace them.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Whether or not these guys will continue to be liabilities we will just have to wait and see. McGuire is seen to be a "bad boy" but I still think that he could mellow this year. Fui on the other hand has been wreckless and careless in several games and will be a problem.

Luckily we have other guys who can readily replace them.
I had high hopes for Fui when the Dragons first signed him - I thought he could develop into a very handy player, but unfortunately events have shown that he just doesn't get it - the game won't change, so he has to.

Latest posts