What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

boardlumps62

Juniors
Agreed. Seems a technique thing for Rava, to put the shoulder into the tackle and then bring his arm around. This isn't the style of shoulder charge that the NRL are targeting. He has no case to answer, Dragons must stand up and fight it.
That how you are taught to tackle before all this wrestling bullshit. Lead with you shoulder not your head. The arms are to lift and drive and hold the opposition player. Ask JDB how do you tackle below the neck? Same as Rava drive in they will be looking for him. This game is losing fans won't exist in 10 years or there will be an alternate game not NRL.

Dragon David

First Grade
That how you are taught to tackle before all this wrestling bullshit. Lead with you shoulder not your head. The arms are to lift and drive and hold the opposition player. Ask JDB how do you tackle below the neck? Same as Rava drive in they will be looking for him. This game is losing fans won't exist in 10 years or there will be an alternate game not NRL.
It's becoming so ridiculous this game. A slap here and a tip there and a hit and giggle there.

It really goes to show that in the past when players hands touched the heads of opponents in tackles that nothing was done. It was only the stiff arm ones that copped the penalties, sin bins and send offs. Now just a little touch and there is a penalty and maybe on report.

A further longish suspension for Rava will not do his confidence much good and when he resumes, he will be extremely tentative of making one on one tackles. Going from what has been said on the forum, Rava's front on tackle on the Raiders player Whitehead was his body first then quickly wrapping his arms around the waist of the opponent. He needs to learn to wrap his arms around the player first then hit with his body. Maybe he should look at the following youtube clip.

Gareth67

First Grade
It's becoming so ridiculous this game. A slap here and a tip there and a hit and giggle there.

It really goes to show that in the past when players hands touched the heads of opponents in tackles that nothing was done. It was only the stiff arm ones that copped the penalties, sin bins and send offs. Now just a little touch and there is a penalty and maybe on report.

A further longish suspension for Rava will not do his confidence much good and when he resumes, he will be extremely tentative of making one on one tackles. Going from what has been said on the forum, Rava's front on tackle on the Raiders player Whitehead was his body first then quickly wrapping his arms around the waist of the opponent. He needs to learn to wrap his arms around the player first then hit with his body. Maybe he should look at the following youtube clip.

Excellent demonstration D.D. of the correct tackling technique , which Ravalawa has displayed on numerous occasions .

If only someone at Dragon headquarters would have the initiative to watch it and take the video to the judiciary and use it in Rava’s defense .

Our mob need to demonstrate that the Dragons will no longer take it on the chin and the only way of doing so is to defend this nonsensical charge . 😡

Dragon David

First Grade
Excellent demonstration D.D. of the correct tackling technique , which Ravalawa has displayed on numerous occasions .

If only someone at Dragon headquarters would have the initiative to watch it and take the video to the judiciary and use it in Rava’s defense .

Our mob need to demonstrate that the Dragons will no longer take it on the chin and the only way of doing so is to defend this nonsensical charge . 😡
So true Gareth.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I watched Dragons v Raiders twice. Did not see the Rava tackle. That is I was concentrating in something else and the tackle did not get my attention. Normally the commentators will make a song and dance of any bad tackles so did they brush it as not being in the bad category or did I miss something. So why is it a problem did someone complain.

blacksafake

First Grade
I watched Dragons v Raiders twice. Did not see the Rava tackle. That is I was concentrating in something else and the tackle did not get my attention. Normally the commentators will make a song and dance of any bad tackles so did they brush it as not being in the bad category or did I miss something. So why is it a problem did someone complain.
I made comment in another thread that Whitehead who always whinges didn't appear to have an issue unless he said something to the touchie who passed it on???
The touchie was right there so you would think he would have called it straight away.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I have no doubt the NRL are "shite" scared of one word.....lawsuit. Concussions and long term head injuries have lead the power that be to go down this path. If they are seen as not doing anything then that leaves then very exposed to future outgoing payments.......many future outgoing payments. Not just at 1st grade level either. This permeates down into grassroots and even junior level.

However, the game is still the game, without "contact" it no longer becomes Rugby League. Yes, there are times when foul play occurs, mostly accidental, spur of the moment actions. Deliberate, well that's a somewhat 'rare' occurrence. With 'force'! well yeah, after all it is a contact sport with the objective of stopping the opposition player.

I sense that the future will be rife with clauses inserted into contracts, excluding future lawsuits regarding head injuries etc, and can you imagine an eight year old's parents having to sign a waiver for "every game'?

This is what it will boil down to.

getsmarty

Immortal

Forward onto the club.....