What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jumpers up for grabs

Gronk

Staff member
Like the squad or not, it seems that it's pretty much locked in apart from maybe Orford.

I would say that apart from Hindy & Hayne (and maybe Orford if he signs) there is no player who is guaranteed a start. We finished 10000th so no player should claim "incumbent".

No doubt Poore, Fui, Manah will be in the 17, but otherwise there are no guarantees. Competition for positions might be a good thing, but if SK decided to start with a clean sheet of paper then he runs the risk of the team lacking cohesion at the start of the year.

Very interesting times ahead.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I would say the following positions are wide open;

- lock
- Reddy's centre position
- hooker
- halves
- starting props

ha ha gee that is half the side

Snoochies

First Grade
Some of these older blokes seem very hungry to nab a first grade spot. I like the fact there is competition for certain positions, plus add to that the younger blokes who will be desparate to impress. Knowones position is safe anymore, except Hayne.

The Omen

Juniors
its not really a bad thing is it.
might give some of the players a kick in the butt to play at 100% and turn up every week

makes for an interesting and yet exciting new look to the season

Gronk

Staff member
We will certainly have depth. Wouldn't mind putting a pineapple on the Wenty team in NSW Cup.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Like the squad or not, it seems that it's pretty much locked in apart from maybe Orford.

I would say that apart from Hindy & Hayne (and maybe Orford if he signs) there is no player who is guaranteed a start. We finished 10000th so no player should claim "incumbent".

No doubt Poore, Fui, Manah will be in the 17, but otherwise there are no guarantees. Competition for positions might be a good thing, but if SK decided to start with a clean sheet of paper then he runs the risk of the team lacking cohesion at the start of the year.

Very interesting times ahead.

In my opinion the only three blokes who can lay claim to incumbency after 2010 are Ben Smith, Justin Horo and Tim Mannah.

Eels Dude

Coach
In my opinion the only three blokes who can lay claim to incumbency after 2010 are Ben Smith, Justin Horo and Tim Mannah.

And Hindy isn't?

I don't get the Smith and Horo love really... They were good last year in a poor performing side. But they were still well behind Hindy in every capacity in attack and defence. Smith adapted well to the backrow in defence, but in attack he did very little. While Horo simply had a solid rookie year playing 30 minutes off the bench every week.