What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

The Colonel

Immortal
W.Hauraki, Cordoba/Tsoulos, Taia, Vella, Wagon,

These guys would be ahead of Selmes if we were to sign him. Promising player but more of a project than anything at this stage.

MrT

Juniors
Jacob Selmes
Age 20
Weight 114kg
Height 196cm

This guy is massive. He could be the next best thing just based on his size.All he needs is fitness.

number8

Juniors
Firstly let me say, I don't know the status of these guys contracts so this is just an ideal team that I'd love to see if all things were in alignment.

If I had the power I'd try to get David Solomona & Dennis Moran back from SL. Solo especially if Morris & Widders go, & Moran especially if Tim can't get it together, but both regardless.

Lance Thompson who I think may have dropped in value but not form to replace the workrate & toughness we lose with Morrison going. Guys Like Zeb Taia, Cordoba & co. Would get a lot from having both a Hindmarsh & a Thommo around to model their game on.

Nigel PLum is another player I see a big future for. He'd be a great buy for similar reasons but has the longevity Thommo is short on. I know we are good for backrowers but this guy is an exceptional prospect.

Having Missed out on Lyon I'd like to see that money used try & have Danny McGuire lured across from SL to fill the #6 jersey. Failing that I'd throw the same sort of money the way of Kevin Sinfield to do the job at 5/8th. McGuire is a very good #7 & Sinfield is equally effective at #13. If we could get either one of these guys over I think our halves options would open up significantly. Especially if Green is still in the picture.

Summing up:

I'd throw enough money at firstly Mcguire then Sinfield to entice them over as a fix for our halves weakness.

I'd upgrade Widders contract to a two year deal instead of of the ones he's been copping & hope that kept him about. Alternatively I'd fight harder to keep Morris here. I'd try & keep Widders & Morris here in that order but would be resigned to losing one.

I'd work hard to get Plum across. I don't think you could pay overs for the guy. He'd earn whatever money he was on & looks a lot like a young Hindmarsh in many areas of his game.

Thompson & Solomona are the guys I'd target as subs our Front Row. Whether from the bench or the starting side any rotation of Cayless, Thompson, Moi Moi & Solomona is going to cause some headaches.

Dennis Moran was very good for us in his short stint here & barring this season has been amoung the best of SL since he left. A similar player to Marsh & would be a great impact sub or alternate halves option.

My shopping List:

(Not sure of contract status so this is a bit of a dream team)

Goodbye ~ let go
Vella
Wagon
Morris (pending Widders)
McKinnon (great player but Hayne is comming through so...)
Morrison
ODwyer
Peterson
Stringer
Lyon
Graham
Delaney
Cannings

Hello
Nigel Plum
Dennis Moran
Lance Thompson
David Solomona
Danny McGuire &/OR (pending cap) Kevin Sinfield

If Hagan had his own guys in mind I'd hope to see!
Clint Newton
Todd Lowrie
Only. For budgets sake thats all I'd want from the Knights but really I'm not fussed on many of them. Simpson is good but you could probably get both Thommo & Plum for what he'd want.

Upgrade for keeps
Burt
Green
Hayne
Williams
Inu
Taia
Cordoba
Tsoulos
Oake
Hauraki
Either Widders OR Morris. Both failing success with the Danny McGuire or Kevin Sinfield plan

Ideal team round 1 2007
1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Kevin Sinfield
7. Danny McGuire
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Fuifui
11. Hindmarsh
12. Riddell
13. Nigel Plum

14. Denis Moran
15. Dean Widders
16. Lance Thompson
17. David Solomona

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
give us some goss about signings eela!!!! we r dying here.

The only thing I can tell you is that our hard working football manager [Tony Zappia] is keeping things very close to his chest and not giving much info if any away, I would imagine that him and Hagan are working very hard behind the scenes to shore up a decent squad for next season, it appears that we're being less transparent and not beating our chest as much as alot of other clubs at this time of the year and that's probably why we're not being linked to anyone in particular and to me that works fine.

I only know of 2 players through people I've spoke to who have been linked to our club and one of them has since re-signed with his own club, I don't know any other information. but I do know that they're working their arses off.

I'd say be patient and hang out till mid late July when we should have some positive news by then.

1.Wade Mckinnon
2.Jarrod Hayne
3.Ben Smith
4.Timana tahu
5.Eric Grothe
6.John Morris (P2) (G2)
7.Tim Smith (P1)
8.Mark O'Meley
9.Mark Riddell (G1)
10.Roy Asotasi
11.Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12.Ben Creagh
13.Chad Robinson

14.Pj Marsh
15.Dean Widders
16.Fui Fui Moi Moi
17.Michael Vella

Coach.Michael Hagan

number8

Juniors
Adding further options to my shopping cart, I wouldn't mind a Rob Burrow or Ali Lautiti in our team if we couldn't secure a couple of those other guys. Likewise Sean Long, who is looking for an NRL start himself! He'd be worth a look but would depend on the price.

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
Adding further options to my shopping cart, I wouldn't mind a Rob Burrow or Ali Lautiti in our team if we couldn't secure a couple of those other guys. Likewise Sean Long, who is looking for an NRL start himself! He'd be worth a look but would depend on the price.

he might det swallowed up in the week to week grind of NRL..way too small, even Preston is bigger than him.

Daneel

Bench
parramatta_eels_123 said:
1.Wade Mckinnon
2.Jarrod Hayne
3.Ben Smith
4.Timana tahu
5.Eric Grothe
6.John Morris (P2) (G2)
7.Tim Smith (P1)
8.Mark O'Meley
9.Mark Riddell (G1)
10.Roy Asotasi
11.Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12.Ben Creagh
13.Chad Robinson

14.Pj Marsh
15.Dean Widders
16.Fui Fui Moi Moi
17.Michael Vella

Coach.Michael Hagan

Someone has been playing to much league on their playstation. It's the only place ive seen where they name goalkickers and playmakers 1 and 2.;-)

number8

Juniors
eelavation said:
he might det swallowed up in the week to week grind of NRL..way too small, even Preston is bigger than him.

That's a fair comment. He is smaller than Webster (both James & the TV charecter).

I personally reckon the way he plays takes the size issue away from him a bit. He is very hard to land a damaging hit on & he pops up both everywhere & nowhere at the same time making him hard to cover in your defencive outline.

But yeah he is small.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ideal team round 1 2007

1. Hayne
2. Mogg
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Finch
8. Cayless