What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

possm

Coach
How long before we have Sullivan at 7, Amone at 6?
Probably when Hunt is offered a job elsewhere. I can't wait for a Sullivan / Amone halves pairing that is together for a three to five year period.

We have talented young backs coming through the ranks but very few forwards. So I suppose most recruiting will be for experienced young forwards.

I think we need higher quality staff in the football side of the Club; replace Horan and Millward with people who can get the job done.

Maddragon99

Juniors
A
Great article online on Smh about this guy, I have a feeling this is the guy (with Sloan) that we have been waiting so long for. All the best with your No 6 debut today Junior Amone
Agreed, Amone & Sloan have been bright lights in a pretty dark season. Initially we were all hyped about Jayden Sullivan but he’s been held back by injury & Amone has really kicked on.

I hope Amone has a blinder today so Hook can see it’s worth the risk to invest in our youth.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The SG Ball team that played and won the GF in 2019 was:

1. Treigh Stewart - playing JF with a few games in KOE Cup this year.
2. Tyrell Slaon - 1st grade debut 2021
3. Aaron Scoupp - 1st grade debut 2021 (Bulldogs)
4. Max Feagai - 1st grade debut 2020
5. Mat Feagai - 1st grade debut 2021
6. Junior Amone - 1st grade debut 2021
7. Jayden Sullivan - 1st grade debut 2020
8. Sean Payne - ?
9. Connor Muhleisen - JF and KOE Cup, earmarked as future 1st grade hooker
10. Josh Coric - played SG Ball gf this year straight to Koe Cup
11. Blake Dowell - played JF this year
12. Jackson Sherab - same as Josh Coric
13. Oscar Fitzpatrick - ?
14. Zach Herring - played JF this year
15. Trent Griffiths - ?
16. Ammon Munro - ?
17. Oliver Parish - ?

Out of that squad, 6 have already played 1st grade.

Interestingly the Manly squad had Josh Schuster and Ben Trbojevic, with only Schuster seemingly cementing a 1st grade spot.

Maybe our 'future' is brighter than some may think.

denis preston

First Grade
Love this guy

"Some coaches stick to a plan " . This is code for Mcflopp nearly having a plan, one only, and when it fails he goes to his box of tricks and finds the Plan B missing !

denis preston

First Grade
Interesting that we all get frustrated and demand the 3 Amigos in the side as a remedy for our poor performances but the reality is that at this time it is not the answer. It really does look like Mbye & Bird are just keeping the seats warm and there actually is a plan in place for them that the coach is sticking to. Still think Sullivan as playmaker will be the keystone to all of this ( couldn't we have done with him the last 20 on Monday ) but understand the dilemma the coaches are under with his injuries.

justadragon

Bench
Interesting that we all get frustrated and demand the 3 Amigos in the side as a remedy for our poor performances but the reality is that at this time it is not the answer. It really does look like Mbye & Bird are just keeping the seats warm and there actually is a plan in place for them that the coach is sticking to. Still think Sullivan as playmaker will be the keystone to all of this ( couldn't we have done with him the last 20 on Monday ) but understand the dilemma the coaches are under with his injuries.
yep DP, Sullivan was building nicely and my thoughts were he would have made a showing around SOO, he was just getting sorted with Sloan in ressies. I would be very surprised if he makes it this weekend after being taken off in a stretcher and neck brace. But I think you are right that he is the key to both Amone and Sloan, even though I do think that Amone's defense is a bit shaky. I'm hoping it will improve with more time on the field.