What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Sa'u

True EEL

Bench
Eels Dude,

I was tempted to write a really, really, really long, essay-style response to your last comments (instead of the normal, regular length comments we were both making) in relation to the esteemed, devine comments targeted at us from the Great One.....Lord Suity.....but decided i would just go with a normal reply...

let's agree that yes, Mitchell may well prove to us that he can make it as a solid first-grader, hell he might even be a star one day, but for now - apart from showing good potential - he still has a bit to prove

also, not sure if McGuire will retire next year, was he signed for 1 or 2 seasons, or was it 1 season with an option?

SDM

First Grade
ouch....burn....!!! oohh u got me dude :sarcasm:
so, you couldn't come up with a decent comeback to our last little foray, so thought you would loiter around and see if you could prey on another comment of mine to another poster....hmm, time to get a day job dude, at least i'm on holidays and have an excuse to be on here as much as i have been bothered too lately...

Yep, I was up all night, but well worth it.

Gronk

Staff member
Eels Dude,

I was tempted to write a really, really, really long, essay-style response to your last comments (instead of the normal, regular length comments we were both making) in relation to the esteemed, devine comments targeted at us from the Great One.....Lord Suity.....but decided i would just go with a normal reply...

let's agree that yes, Mitchell may well prove to us that he can make it as a solid first-grader, hell he might even be a star one day, but for now - apart from showing good potential - he still has a bit to prove

also, not sure if McGuire will retire next year, was he signed for 1 or 2 seasons, or was it 1 season with an option?

1 Year deal.

aqua_duck

Coach
Is Sa'u worth $250k? Debatable. Is he worth $250k to the knights? Not really. We picked up Sa'u for next to nothing as a Raiders lower grade reject, and we've turned him into an International centre, however I think he's reached his potential. We've got a bloke in NSW cup named Siuatonga Likiliki who was in the NYC team of the year in 09 and 10 who is basically a Junior Sau clone but for 1/3rd of the price, all the physical tools are there, and if anyone is to bring out his potential it's Wayne Bennett, outside that we have Peter Mata'utia, who's an ex Australian schoolboys centre, and even Wes Naiqama is a cheap option. We also know Wayne Bennett has the ability to attract players and often for unders.
Although Sa'u isn't a priority for us, I think he'd definitely make a good signing for you guys. Whoever said he's got low involvement is very wrong, he's been one of our best players in terms of go forward for last 2 years, at full speed he's one of the hardest players to tackle in the game, he's built like a Fui Fui Moi Moi but plays in the centres and has decent footwork. He makes more tough metres than most centres in the NRL