What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juniors

Rich102

Staff member
Didnt see it, anyone stand out?
What happened in the 2nd half differently than the first?

Got there at halftime with the Warriors leading 24-16.

They played a silly second half. Cronulla played out their sets and kicked for position well - played at the Warriors end as much as possible. The Warriors didn't do the hard work. Johnston's kicking was poor. The defence was poor. (Tuimavave was particularly poor).

I didn't see Ioane on the field - maybe I'm blinder than I thought or maybe he was injured. It was just an off-night from them.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Because I'm too lazy to research, who is that absolutely giant human that was wearing No.16 on Sunday? Wow, he'd have to be 6ft7 or so, right? And run the 100m in ooh, 20secs?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
sam lousi, sione's little bro...

Little doesn't come close. That guy is a monster. He'll never make in the NRL but it's hilarious watching him in 20s. His attempt at acting in the dying stages, slowing down the clock, was brilliance.

Incidentally, one hell of a win at 0-20 with 20 to go. I've never seen the crowd so fervent for a 20s match.

Few points though...1) Isn't it worth Seulini playing 80mins? They are a completely different side with him on. I'd love to see the score comparisons with him on, and with him off. 2) Johnson - injured/second year syndrome/got too big for his boots/playing behind a weaker pack/lost confidence in Vulcans..what is it? 3) I love watching these guys. A lot more people should turn up earlier.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Because I'm too lazy to research, who is that absolutely giant human that was wearing No.16 on Sunday? Wow, he'd have to be 6ft7 or so, right? And run the 100m in ooh, 20secs?

Pretty good guess that, according to the official listings he's exactly 6'7". One of the prerequisites of being a rugby league player is being able to run though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pretty good guess that, according to the official listings he's exactly 6'7". One of the prerequisites of being a rugby league player is being able to run though.

Yup, sadly for him...it's okay being built like a totem pole but unfortunately if you move like one as well, there's plenty of Hone Hekes to easily chop you down.

He did make 15 runs for 147m though, with 7 tackle busts, according to nrlstats.com.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
just looks like Lousi can't run as his strides are twice the length of a normal man lol. Very hard to stop even though he never seems to hit the line with pace, tacklers just jump on board and he strolls another 7-8 meters. Has a habit of being pushed towards the sideline out wide though, takes about 5 players but opposition sides seem to be able to do it.

ozbash

Referee
just looks like Lousi can't run as his strides are twice the length of a normal man lol. Very hard to stop even though he never seems to hit the line with pace, tacklers just jump on board and he strolls another 7-8 meters. Has a habit of being pushed towards the sideline out wide though, takes about 5 players but opposition sides seem to be able to do it.

he reminds me of a huge Ali Lauititi.. awesome offload.

Iafeta

Referee
Sam won't make it IMO. Very slow footwork. Also, he must be going very close on a number of occasions for penalties in the ruck. He's a ruckophile. He does a hell of a lot of fiddling around in there.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sam won't make it IMO. Very slow footwork. Also, he must be going very close on a number of occasions for penalties in the ruck. He's a ruckophile. He does a hell of a lot of fiddling around in there.

Nup, unfortunately I'd bet the house on that he won't. I don't even think he'd make it at Vulcans level.

Rich102

Staff member
I see Mark Ioane is not in this weeks team, I understand it is a shoulder problem.
Anyone know anything further?

ozreece77

Juniors
whats the background of the Palavi brothers?

Just watching the second half carve up of Manly and that Daniel Palavi looks a likely sort for NRL in the future.

Rovelli

Bench
Great win for the Juniors after a very disappointing loss to Cronulla and then a horror first 60 minutes against Newcastle.

Latest posts