What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just how many NZ/Islanders play the game?

greenhat

Juniors
The raiders do have Bronx Goodwin, who has played for NZ Maori. He's out with a broken arm and will probably be our first grade fullback when he returns.

kooriguy

Juniors
i wasnt 100 percent sure about sims i seen him in the koori mail tho an indigenous newspaper being interviewed so maybe he is part both not sure.. but i have met thurston and his mother after the deadly awards which is an indigenous awards night where he picked up league player of the year and we chated about where hes from and he told me about his mums side and didnt say much about his dad as he never knew him just said he was white.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
he is I think, same with Timana Tahu.

I believe Tahu is another who has Maori and Aboriginal heritage, I believe his father was Maori but he was raised by his Aboriginal mother. Tahu is certainly a Maori name...

tiburon

Juniors
lolesi said:
Reece Williams EuroNZ? Has anyone got any backup for that?

His dad is born in NZ.
I've read articles where he's talked about possibly making himself available for NZ selection.

bula_stormer

Juniors
Great list, Be good if the NRL pay the higher profile players to play for those countries in the world cup just to make it more competitive.
Im fijian so if we could have Hayne and Civoniceva in the team that would be awesome
Samoa didnt qualify i think and Tonga would have an awesome squad

Possible Fiji Team (world cup)

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Akuila Uate
3. Daryl Millard
4. Wes Naiqama
5. Semi Tadulala

8. Petero Civoniceva (c)
12. Ashton Sims
13. John Sutton

Ice777

Bench
Here's some of our boys

0541720500.jpg

Ryan Shortland, Matt Rua, Sam Tagataese, Jeremy Smith, Pale Ale, Adam Blair, Jeff Lima and Sika Manu

Latest posts