What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just on footy show - morro to stay in ESL, thurston parramatta #1 for 2011

pedge

Juniors
Just on the footy show that morrison will be signing a new contract with and ESL team
And that Thurston will be our #1 target for 2011, and that we may commence negoatiating asap, 1st november is the earliest i believe?

I reckon this is great, if we happened to get him
Will give hayne added motivation to stay with us (because im actually really really worried that he is going to leave us) and imagine the boost that it would give us in signing other players for 2011

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just on the footy show that morrison will be signing a new contract with and ESL team
And that Thurston will be our #1 target for 2011, and that we may commence negoatiating asap, 1st november is the earliest i believe?

I reckon this is great, if we happened to get him
Will give hayne added motivation to stay with us (because im actually really really worried that he is going to leave us) and imagine the boost that it would give us in signing other players for 2011

well maybe someone should tell Ossie who denied it on the radio tonight, I couldn't imagine a christian would bullsh*t...

he said he prefered to keep morts..

benoir91

Juniors
tbh i'm not that wrapped with us going after jt, we have better younger prospects who will take up 1/8th of the salary he is after.

Stagger eel

Staff member
also there is no way on gods earth that Hayne would influence his decision on 1 player being at the club..

he'll stay..

pedge

Juniors
Was this from Wierdler? Take it with a salt mine.

Nah it was from Vossy, not sure if he is ay more credible...
I really do get the feeling that Mortimer is going to the Dogs if he shows anything the rest of this year and into next year.

pedge

Juniors
lol with the way the team looks for the future, i could be the halfback and we would still be a threat

You could be a threat, but could you take us all the way?

Lets look at perhaps our 3 biggest games this decade - 2001 GF, 2005 prelim 2007 prelim

Now i was pretty young in 2001, but from what i remember we were shellshocked in the 1st half and 1 a.johns tore us apart. JT and PJ got us there, but do you think they had what it took to win it for us?

2005 ill argue was just as good a chance to win - we were on fire towards the end of the year, but again just couldnt get over the line in the end. Tim smith id well, but did he have the class to get us out of trouble when it required? Was he able to pull out the big play when required?

2007 ill probably say that we came up against a storm team at the top of their powers - we played a great game, but i dont think we would have beaten them, no matter who we had at halfback, althought thurston def would have made a diff...

Im just saying that there is no substitue for class. Sure a team can do well with an avg halfs pairining, or one that is up and coming - but when the pressure is on, when we need some1 to provide that big play, do they have what it takes??

FFS i just want a premiership already, if it will take paying 500k to thurston and perhaps losing some1 like Mateo or Inu to do it, then so be it! Just give caylos money to thurston and add 1 or 2 3rd party sponsors!!

All Ill say is we have been waiting for our halfback talent to unearth year after year.

The premier halfback in the game could be available and people don't want him.

Dear god.

mickdo

Coach
All Ill say is we have been waiting for our halfback talent to unearth year after year.

The premier halfback in the game could be available and people don't want him.

Dear god.

If the price was right then I think all of us would want him. The issue of course is how much. 700k would mean losing 3+ good players, and that's a very big tradeoff.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
well maybe someone should tell Ossie who denied it on the radio tonight, I couldn't imagine a christian would bullsh*t...

he said he prefered to keep morts..

edna.gif

HA!

yy_cheng

Coach
You could be a threat, but could you take us all the way?

Lets look at perhaps our 3 biggest games this decade - 2001 GF, 2005 prelim 2007 prelim

Now i was pretty young in 2001, but from what i remember we were shellshocked in the 1st half and 1 a.johns tore us apart. JT and PJ got us there, but do you think they had what it took to win it for us?

2005 ill argue was just as good a chance to win - we were on fire towards the end of the year, but again just couldnt get over the line in the end. Tim smith id well, but did he have the class to get us out of trouble when it required? Was he able to pull out the big play when required?

2007 ill probably say that we came up against a storm team at the top of their powers - we played a great game, but i dont think we would have beaten them, no matter who we had at halfback, althought thurston def would have made a diff...

Im just saying that there is no substitue for class. Sure a team can do well with an avg halfs pairining, or one that is up and coming - but when the pressure is on, when we need some1 to provide that big play, do they have what it takes??

FFS i just want a premiership already, if it will take paying 500k to thurston and perhaps losing some1 like Mateo or Inu to do it, then so be it! Just give caylos money to thurston and add 1 or 2 3rd party sponsors!!

if we had just 10 more minutes, I reckon we would've won in 2001

ROGUE

Juniors
To purchase ox manly paid $700, inclusive of third party deal and it eventually got them a gf

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ossie said he didn't want JT and I agree with him

No one is worth $700K

Funny they should mention Morro and JT on the show, looks to me like some one has been reading the forums again