What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just on footy show - morro to stay in ESL, thurston parramatta #1 for 2011

Bigfella

Coach
more predictions here than a nostradame convention...

it's really getting at the piss funny end of the discussion.

You've got to admit though Satgs, it's a lot more interesting than the lst few years of:

Signings: Nil
Speculation: Nil
Losses: Plenty

yy_cheng

Coach
You've got to admit though Satgs, it's a lot more interesting than the lst few years of:

But I have RSI now from all the clicking and reading and then refreshing and re-reading.

Damn.

Workers Comp :sarcasm:

born an eel

Bench
i've heard it all now, Hayne a captain :lol:

I have listened to Ozzy and he said he was interested in Morts not Thurston. I have a tendency to believe him over a player agent trying to get sell his player around. It is known we are rebuilding and have spent reasonable money and will have money to spend in 2011, so we will be linked with every player looking to renew a contract just as every player thinks union are after them.

Thurston has been a destabilizing influence in the dogs and cowboys in the past with issue surrounding his social life and I don't think we should even contemplate making him an offer. Let Morts know he is wanted here by flately rejecting any interest in Thuston.

We can not pay Hayne and Thurston the sort of money they will be after and keep what is looking to be a great roster next year for 2011.

Someone

Bench
dunno about hayne captain???

with what everyone is saying its impossible to know just what will happen. in the meantime il stick with what PO has said.

here is a question. IF eels win the comp next year, with kris keating and daniel mortimer in the halfs, do we still chase thurston?

if we are chasing him for the 2011 season, id like to see keating and mortimer play together for next year first.

dunno about hayne captain???

with what everyone is saying its impossible to know just what will happen. in the meantime il stick with what PO has said.

here is a question. IF eels win the comp next year, with kris keating and daniel mortimer in the halfs, do we still chase thurston?

if we are chasing him for the 2011 season, id like to see keating and mortimer play together for next year first.

Probably a given.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Hayne as captain right now? No.
Hindy is around for 3 or 4 more years. When he retires, hayne will be around 24 or 25 with plenty of experience under his belt in origin, tests and NRL.

I think he will be able to captian the side then. Who else can you see as captain after hindy retires?

born an eel

Bench
i think Hayne would also need to change his personality as well as gain the experience.

Who knows who will be playing in 3 - 4 years, but didn't Mannah make a good captain in toyota cup?

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Mateo will be a better future captain than Hayne imo.
Don't see mateo as captain material. Doesn't deal and speak that well in the media, but that may change over time. Nice guy, great player. But i think Hayne could do a better job. While captain is just about dealing with media, it does play a big part in today's game and they are then the face of the club.

Last edited:

ianlovesparra

Juniors
i think Hayne would also need to change his personality as well as gain the experience.

Who knows who will be playing in 3 - 4 years, but didn't Mannah make a good captain in toyota cup?
Good point on who will be there in 3 or 4 years and about Mannah. Time will tell.

Stagger eel

Staff member

you have to admit, Kevin Kingston's signing did rock the clubs foundation...lol

Fee

Juniors
I can handle most of the hearsay on this forum, but dont mess with me when it comes to people saying Thurston is coming to Parra, as I said before I very much dislike Thurston, dont want him at the mighty Parra Eels!! I am now calming down, sorry for the outburst!!!:x:roll: