What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges Added To Train On Squad!!!

Picking his favorite Kiwi's is bad enough, but how on Earth can Wayne Bennet get Justin Hodges in the Australian train on squad!

He is one of the worst outside back in the Broncos club. When put up against players from around the League...he is near the bottom of the pile!

Mr Saab

Referee
proves you dont watch much league IMO.
As for picking his fav kiwis...you are talking BS once again.
No Thorn...No Carroll.

Hodges has been one of the broncos best and it seems you only judge him on his last 2 yrs for the Roosters.

Remember...this is a train on sqaud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozboy

Juniors
I too thought Justin Hodges was the Broncos best back this year, and to tell you the truth, I have always been a fan of Justin Hodges, do not ask me why though.

Though being the Broncos best back this year ain't much to gloat about.

I'm just happy that Shaun Berrigan and Tonie Carroll got no-where near the team, and much deservedly so.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If he gets a run in a big game, then I'll be spewing. No way he is he anywhere near the top of the NRL backline pack.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
He has done pretty good this year considering how bad he was when he left the rorters but shouldn't get past the train on squad.

Scott

Bench
He deserves to be in the train on squad. He has had a very good year. He won't tour though.

Charlie Saab said:
i am with Doug.

What?????????

Slow and steady:

The selectors.....shouldnt even.....be thinking.....of selecting.....a bum like Hodges......even in the train on squad......because he is.......crap.

Ghoulies

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Slow and steady:

The selectors.....shouldnt even.....be thinking.....of selecting.....a bum like Hodges......even in the train on squad......because he is.......crap.
That's super! Just tell me when you're ready to join us in 2005, where Hodges is (or atleast was before his injury) one of the form centres of the comp.

Ghoulies said:
That's super! Just tell me when you're ready to join us in 2005, where Hodges is (or atleast was before his injury) one of the form centres of the comp.

I watch every game I can and if you think Hodges was one of the top centers in the comp you must have been stoned when you watched the Broncos play.

Mr Saab

Referee
nospam49&#8482 said:
Slow and steady:

notice how you e d i t e d your post where you said "Should" be in the minds of the selectors :roll: then changed it to "shouldnt" when a few of us didnt know what the hell you were talking about!!! :roll:

you are even quoted in post 7.....so next time dont be a smarta$$.

Teah, a missed a couple of letters. Still. it was pretty hard to work out my position when I was the one that started this thread.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Hodges has shown glimpses of the form he ahd when he was touted as being the best centre in the game before his injury.

I dont think he'll tour, as there are better centres than him, however you need to have backup players in case of injuries. Who would u rather have? mongahan? or terry hill?

These selections show that bennett is playing favourites as much as people think as he's left out berrigan and carroll (who are both incumbants).

Ghoulies

Bench
nospam49™ said:
I watch every game I can and if you think Hodges was one of the top centers in the comp you must have been stoned when you watched the Broncos play.
Hodges has gotten the better of his opposing centre 90% of the time since Tate suffered his initial injury. Watch his games against the Sharks, Dragons, Rabbits, Bulldogs, Warriors, Knights, Panthers and a fair few others to see just how good hes been this season.

So far the only disgraceful selection has been that of Luke Lewis; the biggest nuffy ever to pull on the sky blue. *places bait*

No, see Lewis is experienced at rep level and is a sfae utility player to have. That why he keeps getting called into squads.

Anyway, I wouldnt select Lewis in the team.

I watched the Broncos this year and the only game Hodges really dominated in was against the Panthers. He made Franze look like a Bum.

Then he got injured (AGAIN) and for some STUPID reason Bennett put him back out there and the poor bloke could hardly walk.

Still, not good enough for Australia. Not by a long shot.