What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

parra pete

Referee
The Sharks did pay Ben Ross $400 000 a year. But I hear they got Tupou for a good deal, no doubt the work of Tony Zappia.

I hope we get Poore and $300 000 might be overs, but he is consistantly getting better. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, $300 000 might be "unders"

Topou is proving to be a great buy too....
Some of the blokes are being paid too much money for what they are delivering. The salary cap should be reduced to make sure things are kept in perspective.
$300,000 a season is EXHORBITANT in anyones language.
'An idle mind is the devil's workshop'.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Poore and MoiMoi starting props.... YES PLEASE.

Hindy and Galavao 2nd row

mateo lock

t.smith and k.k in the halves

i like it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I got a feeling Cayless is gonna rip in from now on, he is buidling to something

I pity kite and Perry tomorrow

cgee221

Juniors
Poore and MoiMoi starting props.... YES PLEASE.

Hindy and Galavao 2nd row

mateo lock

t.smith and k.k in the halves

i like it.

I like the sound of that FFMM, however, assuming Cayless is still with us next year, if we do secure the services of Poore, I think we'll be seeing Cayless go into the backrow.

Despite the money being tight and call this dreaming, but I'd really like to see this side take the field in 2010.

1) Hayne
2) Reddy
3) Smith
4) Inu
5) Grothe
6) Keating
7) Smith
13) Mateo
12) Cayless
11) Hindmarsh
10) Moi Moi
8) Poore
9) Keating

14) Burt
15) Galuvao
16) Shackleton
17) Mannah

Very, very unlikely I know, but I like to dream :D

Phillips

Referee
I like the sound of that FFMM, however, assuming Cayless is still with us next year, if we do secure the services of Poore, I think we'll be seeing Cayless go into the backrow.

Despite the money being tight and call this dreaming, but I'd really like to see this side take the field in 2010.

1) Hayne
2) Reddy
3) Smith
4) Inu
5) Grothe
6) Keating
7) Smith
13) Mateo
12) Cayless
11) Hindmarsh
10) Moi Moi
8) Poore
9) Keating

14) Burt
15) Galuvao
16) Shackleton
17) Mannah

Why would you waste a bench spot for Burt?

cgee221

Juniors
Why would you waste a bench spot for Burt?

Because he can provide some creativity/ball playing from the bench, he's experienced, elusive, has a decent kicking game, another goal kicking option, he's nippy. On top of that he's probably the quickest at play the balls in the club, so if our forwards have a roll on and say for instance he's playing dummy-half on the back of some quick play the balls, I think his dummy half runs/work can be an asset to our team. He's got the pace to beat the line and run the length or if he gets tackled he provides a quick play the ball to continue the sequence. He also has great vision and a great rugby league brain, look at the Hauraki try vs the Cowboys as just an example.

cgee221

Juniors
On top of that he provides cover for the backs if there's an injury.

If Hayne got injured, he could go to fullback, one of centres injured, reddy to centres, burt to wing.

If winger injured, he can slot straight into there.

cgee221

Juniors
he's an average fullback/winger and would provide nothing from the bench.

I think his contribution and impact would depend largely upon the performance of the forwards.

caylo

Bench

1) Hayne
2) Reddy
3) Smith
4) Inu
5) Grothe
6) Keating
7) Smith
13) Mateo
12) Cayless
11) Hindmarsh
10) Moi Moi
8) Poore
9) Keating

14) Burt
15) Galuvao
16) Shackleton
17) Mannah

I like that team, only difference is I would have Mateo at 5-8, Shackleton at lock and Promote Paulo to the bench. Wouldn't mind Reddy in the centres and Etu on the wing (or vise versa) or even a promotion of Richardson.

Note for Stagger: Im not talking about next week for a few reasons. 1. Shack and Poore are not with our club this year and 2. RIchardson is still on the injury list. I might also point out that this would be a god team IF we sign these players... not saying that we have. Is that clear enough for you stagger??

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Because he can provide some creativity/ball playing from the bench, he's experienced, elusive, has a decent kicking game, another goal kicking option, he's nippy. On top of that he's probably the quickest at play the balls in the club, so if our forwards have a roll on and say for instance he's playing dummy-half on the back of some quick play the balls, I think his dummy half runs/work can be an asset to our team. He's got the pace to beat the line and run the length or if he gets tackled he provides a quick play the ball to continue the sequence. He also has great vision and a great rugby league brain, look at the Hauraki try vs the Cowboys as just an example.

That is in my opinion, Luke Burts best attribute and yet it appears it is hardly ever used. That irkes me about our side, we dont exploit the best out of our players. Ill give Hagan credit for that, in his first year he did a good job of that. But it appears that our player are coached into playing a very restricive style and its just so frusturating. For example, I havent seen Hindy inject himself into the backline much these days.

Last edited: