What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

And the sharks could end up re-locating to gosford or even Adelade so they he would be even futher from Wollongong. Big risk to goto Cronulla at present.

Avenger

Immortal
Read in one of the papers today that our offer is the highest of all bidders.

$375K and a car.

We need a a player like him badly. I would give him $400K and ensure the signing and release Cordoba.

lucablight

First Grade
TBH I don't think Poore is that good. He is a decent player but not in the top echelon of props at the time. I wouldn't mind having him but I don't see how people can complain about Cayless getting $400,000 and justifying Poore at a similar price.

fish eel

Immortal
Poore is just about to go to the next level, he'll be close to the best front rower in the comp pretty soon, if he isnt already

benoir91

Juniors
DRAGONS prop Justin Poore is just days away from walking out on the club to sign a $1 million three-year deal with either Parramatta or debt-ridden arch-rivals Cronulla.
The 24-year-old Wollongong junior has been offered close to $100,000 a season more by the Sharks and Eels and has obtained financial assurances from Cronulla should the club fold.
Poore is expected to sign within days, in a serious loss to St George Illawarra.
Poore's manager Todd Buckingham said yesterday his client had no choice but to walk out on his local club.
Under the direction of Wayne Bennett, the Dragons put all contract negotiations on hold until round seven, leaving the door ajar for the Sharks, Eels and Bulldogs to make inquiries.
Buckingham said the Dragons' offer was "substantially below" that of the Sharks and the Eels. Cronulla are the favourites to get Poore's signature.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25497551-5006066,00.html

Fathead

Bench
All I can say (without any bias) is that if his manager advises him to sign with the sharks then he should get a new manager.
What is this 'assurance' worth? All it means is if the club folds and they dont pay him, he is in for a lengthy court battle to get his money.

Not to mention if the sharks re-locate where would he stand then? the word is that the only way the sharks will last past this season is to re-locate and get the NRL grant.

strider

Post Whore
DRAGONS prop Justin Poore is just days away from walking out on the club to sign a $1 million three-year deal with either Parramatta or debt-ridden arch-rivals Cronulla.
The 24-year-old Wollongong junior has been offered close to $100,000 a season more by the Sharks and Eels and has obtained financial assurances from Cronulla should the club fold.
Poore is expected to sign within days, in a serious loss to St George Illawarra.
Poore's manager Todd Buckingham said yesterday his client had no choice but to walk out on his local club.
Under the direction of Wayne Bennett, the Dragons put all contract negotiations on hold until round seven, leaving the door ajar for the Sharks, Eels and Bulldogs to make inquiries.
Buckingham said the Dragons' offer was "substantially below" that of the Sharks and the Eels. Cronulla are the favourites to get Poore's signature.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25497551-5006066,00.html

you've gotta love the certainty of this story ... he WILL leave, we just have no idea really :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
at the very least, we're atleast having a genuine crack for him...

I still think he'll go to the sharks..though.

the_eel

Juniors
at the very least, we're atleast having a genuine crack for him...

I still think he'll go to the sharks..though.

I agree Stags. I think its great we're in the running for him and i'd love to snare him i hope though that we've learnt from mistakes of recent years and don't pay overs for him.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
CMONNNN POORE

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

!

just a question, if we get him.... who will he be a starting prop with fui? or will ando drop fui to the bench?

Can you imagine fui and poore hitting it up in 1 set? OMG...

Avenger

Immortal
CMONNNN POORE

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

!

just a question, if we get him.... who will he be a starting prop with fui? or will ando drop fui to the bench?

Can you imagine fui and poore hitting it up in 1 set? OMG...

Cayless will be in England if we get him.

Latest posts