What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JWH-Paul Gallen: A Tale of Two Suspensions

JWH: accidentally hits a player in the head while making a tackle: 5 weeks suspension, as well as being sent from the field.

Paul Gallen: deliberately hits a player in the head while not making a tackle: 1 week suspension.

And they wonder why they have no credibility.

What a disgrace, what a joke, what an embarrassment for a once great game.

Accidental my ass. No further comment required.

Okay, let's say the tackle was deliberate. He deliberately meant to hit Rose in the head. Let's concede that. I don't believe it, but let's say it's true. Why then wasn't his suspension 1 week and not 5? Or rather, why wasn't Gallen's 5 weeks and not 1 week?

Personally, I don't think either incident warranted a suspension; but I'm just appalled and perplexed at the discrepancy between the two suspensions.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Okay, let's say the tackle was deliberate. He deliberately meant to hit Rose in the head. Let's concede that. I don't believe it, but let's say it's true. Why then wasn't his suspension 1 week and not 5? Or rather, why wasn't Gallen's 5 weeks and not 1 week?

Personally, I don't think either incident warranted a suspension; but I'm just appalled and perplexed at the discrepancy between the two suspensions.

But Gallen hit him twice, surely he should get ten?

beads6

First Grade
JWH: accidentally hits a player in the head while making a tackle: 5 weeks suspension, as well as being sent from the field.

Paul Gallen: deliberately hits a player in the head while not making a tackle: 1 week suspension.

nail-hammer.jpg

If JWH were eligible for origin he wouldn't get 5 weeks. Easy as that. If JWH landed 3 punches on George Rose he would miss the rest of the season. JWH gets nailed on the chin with a shoulder and it is replayed ad nauseam as the greatest hit the game has ever seen. Sam Burgess nails Pearce in the head and gets nothing.

It's obvious.

juanfarkall

Coach
If you had to wait for the Gallen vs Myles incident in order to question the credibility of the enforcement of the laws of the game, then you have even less credibility than the likes of Harrigan, Anderson, Klein, Rothfield etc

The credibility was immediately shattered when in the very next game origin star Greg Bird only got sin binned and to no suspension for a similar tackle. You can't suspend origin players.

Stinkler

Juniors
If Myles had the balls to throw some punches back, there would have been no suspension at all.

Not Gallen's fault that Myles is a sook. In fact, old Moonhead Myles is lucky Gal held back.

Generalzod

Immortal

Your not much of an expert....

eozsmiles

Bench

You know that JWH had significant loading for his offence?

Gallen was hard done by getting a grade 2. Tate got nothing last year and McGuire got a grade 1 earlier in the year. Agree with you 100%, no consistency = no credibility.

That is where the credibility fails.

Will be interesting to see if Boyd Cordner gets a grade 2, do you reckon he will? I doubt it. He didn't go to the bin either.

It doesn't matter where the players or fans are from, anyone that thinks Gallen should have got a grade 2 for punching is ignoring the precedent previously set. If the judiciary want to set this as a new benchmark, then we might be missing a few players after SOO 2 lol.

Didgi

If JWH were eligible for origin he wouldn't get 5 weeks. Easy as that. If JWH landed 3 punches on George Rose he would miss the rest of the season. JWH gets nailed on the chin with a shoulder and it is replayed ad nauseam as the greatest hit the game has ever seen. Sam Burgess nails Pearce in the head and gets nothing.

It's obvious.

:lol: Forget the Qld v NSW butthurt, one Chooks fan is going it alone for the title of biggest sook.