What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JWH-Paul Gallen: A Tale of Two Suspensions

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
You can't suspend origin players.

while i think jwh is a bit of a total wanker, i agree with this sentiment. it's mad.

the swinging arm deserved a suspension though. probably 2-3 weeks. isn't that what actually got referred to the judiciary anyway?

Generalzod

Immortal
Myles like leading in with his head to tackle players causing damage , but when confronted on a one on one situation the bloke remained a statue....Myles picked the wrong man to push.

Bench
It was only the punches that got referred, correct me if I'm wrong.
No you are correct,which makes it even harder to understand,if JWH had done the swinging arm he would have copped 4 weeks,yet Gallen has no case,not even allowing for what happened after the swinging arm.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
JWH would end up in Guantanamo Bay if he punched someone.

I don't have a problem with Gallen not being punished and I don't have a problem with JWH being suspended - but four weeks? Disproportionate. I thought the send-off was harsh but if they'd kept it at just a send off plus a week on the sideline the point would have been made. 4 weeks seems spiteful for what was a decent, slightly illegal, clobbering.

Card Shark

Immortal
When it's all said & done, I think we all agree the judiciary system is way too inconsistent.

JWH was over penalised & Gal perhaps should've got another week for the swinging arm (@ least a low grade charge), not that I want to see him miss any more games for us. He's hardly played again this year.

Cliffhanger

Coach
JWH would end up in Guantanamo Bay if he punched someone.

I don't have a problem with Gallen not being punished and I don't have a problem with JWH being suspended - but four weeks? Disproportionate. I thought the send-off was harsh but if they'd kept it at just a send off plus a week on the sideline the point would have been made. 4 weeks seems spiteful for what was a decent, slightly illegal, clobbering.

It was five weeks and would have been seven if he contested it, but it was because he had loading.

steggz

Juniors
Hang on a second. JWH jumps and clobbers Rose around the head with a swinging arm. It was deliberate, and as far as high tackles go, it was terrible.

I reckon Gallen should have got 2 weeks total, probably one for his swinging arm and one for the striking charge.

jezmond

Juniors
images

Crazy Steve

Juniors
Funny how most of the butt hurt comments are coming from Cowboys and Dragons fans, considering that this year they have been two of the most inept under performing teams in the competition. I mean the Cowboys have one of the best rosters in the NRL and are playing like a team of Shaun Kenny Dowell's lol!!

Iafeta

Referee
JWH: accidentally hits a player in the head while making a tackle: 5 weeks suspension, as well as being sent from the field.

Paul Gallen: deliberately hits a player in the head while not making a tackle: 1 week suspension.

And they wonder why they have no credibility.

What a disgrace, what a joke, what an embarrassment for a once great game.

Because '''''apparently'''''' one was a great display of leadership. One they freely admit was intentional, and because of that he is a fantastic leadership and beneath the contempt of judgement. God save the soul of Paul Gallen. What a champion. Who would ever forget that brilliant moment a few years back when he ripped a dudes facial stitches open. What a hero. Glory glory to the great man.

while i think jwh is a bit of a total wanker, i agree with this sentiment. it's mad.

the swinging arm deserved a suspension though. probably 2-3 weeks. isn't that what actually got referred to the judiciary anyway?

He got 2 weeks. How many weeks did Greg Bird cop after the same tackle in the very next match after JWH was sent off? None? Of course not. One is eligible for Origin and one isn't.

Dragons fans claiming butt hurt, please, those idiots sent LU in to a damn meltdown after Inglis smashed that nuffy Young in to next year.

kbw

Bench
There is a difference between being a grub and being hard. Cameron Smith is a grub as is Tate and Sam Burgess (diff is Sam will admit it) Gallen used to be. JWH is hard but is no grub and off the field is one of the most decent fellows going around (I know that doesn't count with many but it can be important)

We need to penalise for the accidental high shots, but I would really like to see a "real" effort on stopping the neck/head twisters regardless of which club they play for

Penrose11

Juniors
Gallen is more than a grub. He's just a dirty w**ker. More than likely roid rage or 'peptide rage' as explaination for is cheap shots on Wednesday night. He complain of Myles leading with the head or twisting his knee, but how often is he the dirty merkin that drops in on the tackle with a knee on the bal runner or a cheap fist in the tackle.

Hope he gets his comeuppance in Game 2. I'm very much a neutral but I just want him to get smacked. Bird will have a cry about it but he f off as well.

Bring on the Game 2 fireworks. Different rules for origin so anythiing goes.

Latest posts