What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kangaroo squad

Kiwi

First Grade
drake said:
Especially with Gower playing 1/2, Waterhouse should have been selected.

Thats BS, why should a player get selected on the back of someone elses form? Why should Gower's selection mean Waterhouse's selection?

Big Mick

Referee
at the start that was the excuse Danny buderus was there for SOO ahead of Priddis when he started out.

Granted Danny Buderus is now arguably in the top 3-5 players in the world, but back then he was only there because of his "connection" with Andrew Johns.

msjd

Juniors
My Australian Team I think its a pretty strong one!!

1.Anthony Minichiello
2.Matt Sing
3.Shaun Berrigan
4.Willie Tonga
5.Brent Tate
6.Darren Lockyer (capt)
7.Craig Gower
8.Shane Webcke
9.Danny Buderus (v-capt)
10.Mark O'Meley
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Craig Fitzgibbon
14.Willie Mason
15.Petero Civoniceva
16.Craig Wing
17.Michael Crocker
18th man: Scott Hill

Matt Bowen, Tonie Carroll, Matt Cooper, Ben Kennedy, Brett Kimmorley, Luke Rooney, Jason Ryles. (All these players could easily make the team though)
Tell me what you guys all think of it.

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Tunza and Ash Harrison have been the best locks all year.
Pre injury Berro was the best centre bar none.
Tate shouldnt be there.
Webckes luck to be there.

Waterhouse has been shit house for most of the season.
Gidley is a bum.

Mini
Sing
Berro
Cooper
Rooney
Locky
Gower
Omeley
Buderus
Mason
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Tunza

Webcke
Civo
Wing
Ryles

Kiwi

First Grade
Big Mick said:
at the start that was the excuse Danny buderus was there for SOO ahead of Priddis when he started out.

Granted Danny Buderus is now arguably in the top 3-5 players in the world, but back then he was only there because of his "connection" with Andrew Johns.

Didn't say that hasn't happened in the past, but because it has happened in the past, that doesn't make it right for it to happen now.

Pigskin

Juniors
we all just have to accept that the coach has an influence over the team whether its State or Country - and will probly be so till we all go to the grave

Anderson and Fulton both had their favourites - seems Bennett will have his now - nobody can begrudge Bennett his chance to coach the Roos

Personally I agree with most above on Carroll - he should be playing for the Kiwis and isn't good enough imho to make the Roos anyway

Not that I'm any real fan of his - but Timmins looks most unlucky

Waterhouse should have made it at the expense of Crocker or Carroll

I'm a Broncos supporter obviously but I don't think anybody reasonable can knock the other 5 Bronco selections (barring Carroll)

Its a pity Matty Bowen probly won't play a test ..... he'd give the poms heart failure with 30 to go on the back of our big pack

According to Razor - Tate is the 13th best centre in the game - you just highlight what a complete imbecile you are ever day

all in all a pretty good squad with the usual amount of notable omissions and the shock inclusion

Oink !

Razor

Coach
According to Razor - Tate is the 13th best centre in the game

I've always said that.

Tate, Kimmorley and Tahu are the 3 most over-rated players in the game. They all suck. What have any of the 3 actually done? They came around on El Masri being crap, and stopped picking him in the Australian team. They might on those 3 someday to. I remember back 6 years ago when I said McLinden was crap, when everyone else was saying what a superstar he was going to be, people like you called me an idiot. Who was proven right?

Berrigan is without doubt the best QLD centre, and if he didn't miss the bulk of this season through injury could have surpassed Cooper & Gasnier as the best centre this year.

I'll tell you now that the centre pairing in the tests will be Berrigan & Cooper. Tate won't play in a test(but will likely play a warmup match)

JJ

Immortal
Razor said:
According to Razor - Tate is the 13th best centre in the game

I've always said that.

Tate, Kimmorley and Tahu are the 3 most over-rated players in the game. They all suck. What have any of the 3 actually done? They came around on El Masri being crap, and stopped picking him in the Australian team. They might on those 3 someday to. I remember back 6 years ago when I said McLinden was crap, when everyone else was saying what a superstar he was going to be, people like you called me an idiot. Who was proven right?

Berrigan is without doubt the best QLD centre, and if he didn't miss the bulk of this season through injury could have surpassed Cooper & Gasnier as the best centre this year.

yup - McLinden is crap

Apart from that the only thing you've said that makes any sense is that Berrigan is bloody good - hardly a classic centre - but the first one I'd pick