What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo team-Tri nations I

Mr Saab

Referee
aqua_duck said:
well Lockyer is the 5/8th so its only natural I guess that Joey would be feeding him quite abit of ball especiallu given Lockyer is in there for his attacking prowess, not his defensive incapabilities

there have been 5/8s in the past like Cliff Lyons who was not so great in defence, but a wizard in attack.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Actually no - it would actually happen. Read John 13: 1-17 - Jesus washed his disciples feet and it is seen as a rather big thing in the church......

Much better analogies are out there.....

I know that, ass. I made the reference because the current Pope is a dirty bigot

panthersballboy

Juniors
It's a great back line. People are riding off Tate but to me he seemed to be the broncos best player in the back end of the season. It's the forwards where I think there is a few players who weren't in the best form this year such as Fitzy, Petero, Ryan and Waterhouse.

The Colonel

Immortal
chriswalkerbush said:
I know that, ass. I made the reference because the current Pope is a dirty bigot

Turn it upside down or back to front, it is still poor and not one half the people on this board would pick up on, Ass.......

Misanthrope

Staff member
Turn it upside down or back to front, it is still poor and not one half the people on this board would pick up on, Ass.......

Not my fault they're all heathens. ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Panthers_God said:
Yeah, I obviously meant the Panthers. I like Rodney but he is not an international player.

Thank goodness you realise he is not rep standard!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I dont know if this has already been posted...m but I cannot beleive LYON is not there, he has been the form player for the ESl, i kno all of u wuld come back with ESL aint as good as NRL BS, but TBH he is the equal best centre in the world rite now FFS

The Tank

Bench
TheEelsFanatic said:
I dont know if this has already been posted...m but I cannot beleive LYON is not there, he has been the form player for the ESl, i kno all of u wuld come back with ESL aint as good as NRL BS, but TBH he is the equal best centre in the world rite now FFS

Gasnier, Cooper, and King are better than him. Perhaps Lyon is better than Tate though.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
lol...i hate lyon, but he was (when in the nrl) and still is the best 3/4 in the world!
Not only has he played center but when put in 5/8th he made the other teams look ordinary with both his running and kicking game!
Put him in any NRL squad next yr and he would reclaim both nsw and test squad status!

Meanie

Juniors
TheEelsFanatic said:

Thats what happens when you play in a second rate comp, you don't face the first rate comp hence you don't get judged against first rate comp.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Thats what happens when you play in a second rate comp, you don't face the first rate comp hence you don't get judged against first rate comp
I think its more of the fact that they dont want other big name players goin to england knowing they will still be selected for rep teams....keeps the best talent in Aus

lockyno1

Post Whore
TheEelsFanatic said:

It is the ESL! Enough said!

aqua_duck

Coach
What after 14 average 1st grade games, and 1 origin appearance off the bench in a losing side, that was well deserved.
Like people have said, there is an unofficial Qld quota for these teams. How else could a nuffy get a spot after 14 games unless his name was SBW.

Ghoulies

Bench
aqua_duck said:
What after 14 average 1st grade games, and 1 origin appearance off the bench in a losing side, that was well deserved.
Like people have said, there is an unofficial Qld quota for these teams.
There certainly is now with the Bennett factor, but are you also suggesting that the 2002 mid-season test teams' QLD'ers didn't deserve their spot?
How else could a nuffy get a spot after 14 games unless his name was SBW.
Maybe it was because he had just come off a MOM performance against the Saints. Believe it or not, every now and then selectors decide to pick the form players of the competition.

Though looking at your sig makes me wonder whether you're capable of actually debating seriously without eluding to how everyones a 'nuffy'.