What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo team-Tri nations I

Meanie

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
And since then what????? His form has been woeful.

Yeah, guess spearheading a team to a 38-0 half time lead, in England in an international decider should mean he isn't selected at all for an international.

Lockyer didn't have a good end to the year but his first half of the season was excellent. Why the hell you wouldn't pick a guy who did what he did in an international final last year, I have no friggin idea. You imagine Barrett doing anything near that?

ozbash

Referee
sorry colonel, dead serious. tahu proved he is a washed up winger this season, thats why smithy had him in the centres.he didnt impress much and i think he was selected by some form eels making him look good.
for me, tahu is the oz speed bump.

same as lockyer, talk about get picked on reputation. he cost the broncos a finals spot with his predictable, stale, lacking any flair whatsoever style of play this year.

tate,,, for crying out loud. is he related to bennett or what.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tahu has been in good form lately. I thought he was pretty much the only Parra player who could hold his head high after the Prelim debacle. Played well on the wing for NSW in game III, too.

Tate on the other hand...maybe his selection was for comic relief. It's ridiculous how they have to pick a certain amount of QLD'ers in the team. Almost like South Africa's racial quota system.

Meanie

Juniors
ozbash said:
same as lockyer, talk about get picked on reputation. he cost the broncos a finals spot with his predictable, stale, lacking any flair whatsoever style of play this year.

Uhhh....Brisbane made the finals.

Big Pete

Referee
Lockyer has shown flashes all year, don't forget it was only beginning of this year people from other clubs outside of Brisbane were giving him wraps as the best player.

No real dramas with the squad, I'm a bit surprised about Tate however I think he's only in the side thanks to his combonation with him and Lockyer.

Lets not all start bashing Darren Lockyer!

He plays behind a tired, old forward pack.

He has no one to create anything at hooker or halfback. ANYTHING the Broncos do must happen from Lockyer.

He is under pressure to lead every team he plays in from March to November.

He has never...EVER let Australia down.

Last year he destroyed GB and NZ.

He was rightly named as 5/8th and captain.

Meanie

Juniors
Murphdogg1 said:
You know what he means....... cost them a grand final spot

Difference between the finals and grand final. Funny how he didn't give the rest of the Bronco's team any blame either for expecting Lockyer to do everything for them.

Meanie said:
Yeah, guess spearheading a team to a 38-0 half time lead, in England in an international decider should mean he isn't selected at all for an international.

Lockyer didn't have a good end to the year but his first half of the season was excellent. Why the hell you wouldn't pick a guy who did what he did in an international final last year, I have no friggin idea. You imagine Barrett doing anything near that?

Yeah, And Willie Mason was braining them back then, are you gonna pick him too??? Actually, they bloody well did - Are you a selector???

Picking the current side on form of the last Tri-series is farcical. There's been a whole NRL season and S.O.O series since then.

Meanie

Juniors
nospam49™ said:

He has no one to create anything at hooker or halfback. ANYTHING the Broncos do must happen from Lockyer.

What he said. Better than I could've put it.

Meanie

Juniors
ozbash said:
thanks murph,,, bloody aussies :roll:

If you asked a group of Kiwi's who they think is gonna make the "finals" next year you think they'd think you were talking top 8 or the grand final?

kickback

Juniors
nospam49™ said:

You hit the nail on the head!

You are all winging like schools girls> when untill Johns came back from his jaw injury every man and his dog rated Locky the best player in the world. No player in the history of international football has dominated a half of football like locky did in the final last year. He is a champion, and now we have got the best 2 players in the world in our 1/2's, this will be entertaining cant wait.

As for Tait, he was there last year and done a great job, and he finished the season in fine form, Copper is maybe a little unlucky but thats footy! He will get his chance.

I'm pleased they did not pick Barrett at lock, Keneddy deserves his place and Barrett can be a liability at times.

Calixte

First Grade
As Warren Ryan is prone to note, the key positions in the modern game appear to be five-eighth, half, hooker and fullback.

Australia has magnificent players in those four key positions - Lockyer, Johns, Buderus and Minichiello.

This is an excellent Australian side and would be well placed to win the Tri-Nations anyway without the leg-up afforded by the NZ selections.

GET THE SEASONS ALIGNED!

Good side that should do the job, but I am worried that the lack of form of many of these players this season will carry over to the tri nations. It could be a scenario like the World XI vs Australia in the cricket. A team of big names who have big reputations, but not alot of form to back it up.......

I am disappointed to see that only 1 person from the grand final was picked, and that no one from the grand final winners is in the side. A few of the selections are questionable, but again, it should get the job done.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Meanie said:
If you asked a group of Kiwi's who they think is gonna make the "finals" next year you think they'd think you were talking top 8 or the grand final?

Yeh mate but if you read that someone reckoned Lockyer's poor play for the Broncos cost them a place in the finals u would use common sense and figure out that the person meant Grand Final