What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kangaroo tours

Pommy

Coach
Glad to see more international League I just wish the home nations would decide if we have 4 teams or 1. Im not fussed either way I would just like a decision made one way or the other and stick to it all the time.

roughyedspud

Coach
did'nt i say a dew weeks ago we are due the aussie press brain farting a idea about Great effing britain!! its every 6 effing months!!

GREAT BRITAIN IS DEAD...

THERES A WHOLE GENERATION OF KIDS WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GBRL WAS!...

LEAVE IT DEAD!!

roughyedspud

Coach
Glad to see more international League I just wish the home nations would decide if we have 4 teams or 1. Im not fussed either way I would just like a decision made one way or the other and stick to it all the time.

the home nations have decided...we are 4 nations...not 1...

its the friggin aussies and dumb aussie press that keep pushing for the dead GB concept

roughyedspud

Coach
well it pisses me off...your dickhead admin staff and dickhead press have no idea of the impact it will have if we bring back GB..it will undermine all the hard work the home nations have done to develop as separate countries....for what? to satisfy the old farts??

Pommy

Coach
At the moment it has no real impact other than spread league to a wider audience around GB. But if they can grow league in the other 4 nations then it just f**ks about with England including players and then cutting them it makes no real sense.
I'm fine with GB as I see myself as more British than English but there needs to be a definitive choice and it seems its already been made as 4 seperate nations, why in both codes of Rugby is it not actually 5 nations like football?

Before roughy flips his lid i like the whole ashes idea...

3 games against GB
2 against France
1 against scotland, ireland, wales, engalnd

roughyedspud

Coach
F*** off..

Play 3 test v england and mid week tests v wales,scotland & ireland

And france on the way home

Simple

Last Week

Bench
I agree with spud, leave Great Britain dead. At least until the team is regularly made up of players from all over Britain. Not just England.
"I don't think we'll be playing 26 games, but it will be against the Lions, not just England, and it will be a big deal.

"We'll sell out Wembley and we'll sell out wherever we go."

That's just arrogant. I get that he's just expressing ambition, but he can't demand that England slap on a GB badge.

Besides, playing a test series against England can also be a big deal..

roughyedspud

Coach
At the moment it has no real impact other than spread league to a wider audience around GB. But if they can grow league in the other 4 nations then it just f**ks about with England including players and then cutting them it makes no real sense.
I'm fine with GB as I see myself as more British than English but there needs to be a definitive choice and it seems its already been made as 4 seperate nations, why in both codes of Rugby is it not actually 5 nations like football?

No real effing impact!!!!

You relegate the home nations behind a GB thats 100% the england team in different shirts!!!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So seems we will get NZ v england post world cup and then australia v england ore world cup both touring years. The middle year i can only assume will be a tournament whether it be the four nations or proposed continental cup.

RoosTah

Juniors
Agree with Roughy on this one. Leave GB dead - it doesn't make sense anyway, as the other nations just aren't developed enough.

The game up there massively needs to extend its footprint beyond the north to begin with. From what I understand, Rugby League is PLAYED through the south, but for whatever reason they just can't make a Super League side work there.

That needs to change for the sake of the England team first and foremost, as most poms I know don't even identify with the England Rugby League side as they still see it more as just a northern's team for some reason.

It'll take 20 years, but much like the NRL needs more teams in New Zealand and eventually PNG and PI nations like Fiji, the Super League needs to have fully professional teams in Ireland, Scotland and Wales at some point. Maybe use some of the windfall from the big TV deal you lot signed up there to start laying the foundation for that, as from what I hear the number of Rugby League development officers through the UK has strangely been cut back.

Last Week

Bench
So seems we will get NZ v england post world cup and then australia v england ore world cup both touring years. The middle year i can only assume will be a tournament whether it be the four nations or proposed continental cup.

It's will be the continental cup. Owned and run by the RLIF.

But yes, it does seem like it will be England vs NZ after a world cup year, and England vs Australia before a world cup year. So when do we get to see Australia vs NZ in a series?

Dakink

Bench
Yup, Im also with Spud on this one.

The GB games should remain a valued part of the games history and where it ha come from..

Has no use moving forward. Would much rather see Australia play England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
well it pisses me off...your dickhead admin staff and dickhead press have no idea of the impact it will have if we bring back GB..it will undermine all the hard work the home nations have done to develop as separate countries....for what? to satisfy the old farts??

A serious question, but what have Ireland and Scotland achieved in development since the split? You always see news coming from Wales but nothing from Ireland or Scotland?

roughyedspud

Coach
granted scotland & ireland haven't progress its off field development as much as wales have..but then again scotland & ireland have'nt had 2 teams (north wales & south wales) in the english league system..also the WRL have also worked with "sport wales" to develop junior pathways and the WRL performance center,thats been open 3 years and they are now starting to reap the benefits like winning this years european cup...what wales have done and the way they've worked with sport wales is one of the two reasons GB was disbanded in the first place..

scotland & ieland need to follow wales lead..

bringing back GB will not fix the lack of pathways in scotland & ireland..if anything it will make it less important to develop those pathways..

adamkungl

Immortal
Against Great Britain

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ka...k/news-story/1005696548f22d8d381098b530cd2c9d

NRL heavyweight Shane Richardson is hoping to see old-fashioned three-Test Ashes series against Great Britain back on the rugby league calendar.
One of the key recommendations in Richardson’s long-awaited blueprint to grow the game announced on Tuesday was the return of meaningful Kangaroo tours of the UK and France.
While he couldn’t envision months-long tours like the old days of the 1978 Invincibles and 1982 Unbeatables, the NRL’s head of game strategy and development is pushing hard for more famous battles with the Lions.

With England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland now all challenging individually for World Cup glory, Australia haven’t played Great Britain as such since hosting the Lions for two Tests in 2006. It’s been more than a decade since the Kangaroos played the Lions in a three-Test series in the UK, but that could all change with Richardson proposing the introduction of a dedicated international window.
“That whole window that we’ve created for international rugby league at the end of the season brings back a whole lot of opportunities to grow the game and it’s really exciting,” he said.
“The resumption of an Ashes Tour would be fantastic.
“I don’t think we’ll be playing 26 games, but it will be against the Lions, not just England, and it will be a big deal.
“We’ll sell out Wembley and we’ll sell out wherever we go.” Richardson admitted the dynamics and logistics of any such Kangaroos tours were some way off being determined but he said Tests against France were also definitely part of the eight-year plan.
“And we’ll probably take an emerging Kangaroos side away with us as well to try and grow the game over there too,” he said.
“We’ve got to discuss it. There’ll certainly be four Test matches but we’ll discuss the other things like possible midweek matches later on.”

Good to see Richo making these kinds of decisions for other countries..

Latest posts