What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos revamp pays off for ARL

ozbash

Referee
ooops, my mistake, i thought the radio said Telstra Stadium.

still a healthy crowd tho

Sydney FC has held ladder-leader Melbourne to a 0-0 draw in front of a record-breaking crowd of 50,333 at Telstra Dome on Friday night.

The attendance was clearly the highest for a domestic football match in Australia, eclipsing the record of 43,242 set at the National Soccer League Grand Final in Perth in 2000.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ozbash said:
ooops, my mistake, i thought the radio said Telstra Stadium.

half right...telstra dome in fact, completely different to Telstra stadium, which off course is in Sydney. ;-)

ouwet

Bench
Good stuff.. It's not much but a start (They only had 100 years :sarcasm: )...

Last week i finally updated my Kangaroo's jersey:D And bought with it a ARL tank top and training shirt.

They really are a great range of merchandise, they look a lot better then the wallabies range.

ozbash

Referee
eelavation said:
half right...telstra dome in fact, completely different to Telstra stadium, which off course is in Sydney. ;-)

when i heard the 'telstra' i just thought " bloody sydneyites"

but i stand corrected.......:D

innsaneink

Referee
ozbash said:
A-league game in sydney last night drew a 50k crowd.

sydney , home of rugby league ? yea, right :lol: :lol:

Big f**kin whoop....how many goals did they get to cheer?

Palms

Juniors
The game was so entertaining that the crowd had to start throwing flares at each other..hardly heard a peep out of the media about it either! Imagine if it was a league crowd

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
The game was so entertaining that the crowd had to start throwing flares at each other..hardly heard a peep out of the media about it either! Imagine if it was a league crowd

Yet this non entertaining game still draws a crowd that a normal nrl game would lap up for 3 weeks in the newspapers....you might find it boring but there are 50k ppl in melb that dont...which is probably 45k more then storm fans can muster up.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
The great thing to watch as a fan ofboth sports (league and soccer)......is that all the 'football' codes are gunning against each other to be australia's number 1 code....not paying any attention to soccer.
I think theres gonna be a fright in 10 yrs time when soccer in australia will be the number 1 code.
there already drawing huge crowds within 1 and 3/4 seasons, and thats without the revised youth system that there trying to bring in and asian cup that will take place over the time.

IMO if i was a CEO of league, union or afl....i would be very scared and trying to get more kids into the game.

Bumble

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Big f**kin whoop....how many goals did they get to cheer?

f**king twinkies and their f**king soccer they dont score enough points like in rugby league strayas national sport and the greatest game of all

:roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Bumble said:
f**king twinkies and their f**king soccer they dont score enough points like in rugby league strayas national sport and the greatest game of all

:roll:

Awww, bumble bees bein a sarcastic prick, complete with emoticon.

How many?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Petrol must be cheaper in Melb or maybe it wasn't raining or maybe the stadium is more central or maybe there's not many bars and cafes or (insert any other Sydney excuse here)!

nqboy

First Grade
Perth Red said:
Petrol must be cheaper in Melb or maybe it wasn't raining or maybe the stadium is more central or maybe there's not many bars and cafes or (insert any other Sydney excuse here)!
:lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nqboy

First Grade
Prodigal Eel said:
The great thing to watch as a fan ofboth sports (league and soccer)......is that all the 'football' codes are gunning against each other to be australia's number 1 code....not paying any attention to soccer.
I think theres gonna be a fright in 10 yrs time when soccer in australia will be the number 1 code.
there already drawing huge crowds within 1 and 3/4 seasons, and thats without the revised youth system that there trying to bring in and asian cup that will take place over the time. IMO if i was a CEO of league, union or afl....i would be very scared and trying to get more kids into the game.
...andthe Asian Champions League. Watch the money start to flow into the game when Australia commences its involvement in these tournaments.

I absolutely agree with you. Soccer is a huge danger within ten years but many on here prefer blinkers and earplugs.

Bumble

First Grade
nqboy said:
...andthe Asian Champions League. Watch the money start to flow into the game when Australia commences its involvement in these tournaments.

I absolutely agree with you. Soccer is a huge danger within ten years but many on here prefer blinkers and earplugs.

Please don't view football as a danger....embrace both sports, like I do...and you can support the NQ A-League side when they come in in a couple of years time! :)

Latest posts