What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael in the hunt as Broncos No.6

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good right decision. I would put Moon on the bench though just so Karmichael doesn't have to defend at 5/8 all the time. Potentially 5/8 is where Hunt will end his career and if anything it provides fans as a opportunity to see him in the halves again.

badav

Bench
dazza62 said:
,but other than that he has very little creative talent.

Yeh. Like you are a really great judge of creative talent as youve all shown us.Why dont you post up matty bowens stats again for us you f**king goose.

Red Bear

Referee
I'd still take a fit Minichello over cutie, origin 1 showed why.

Unfortunately minichello is never fit these days :(

lockyno1

Post Whore
What did Origin 1 show? If anything it showed that both are as good as each other. They are different types of fullbacks though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Can't wait to see the turnstyle defend in the line. Also can't wait to see him trying to lead a team around the park without Lockyer holding his hand

Can't wait to see the turnstyle defend in the line. Also can't wait to see him trying to lead a team around the park without Lockyer holding his hand
They tried that earlier in the yr when locky was out ... creativity..0.

Yeh. Like you are a really great judge of creative talent as youve all shown us.Why dont you post up matty bowens stats again for us you f**king goose.

Ha ha.. broncos fans getting the sh*ts now there is no one to make K look good.
What Bowen stats would you like ...the tries or line breaks or tackle busts?

Mr Saab

Referee
Give me total errors made.
Give me " total runs back from a kick return in relation to those passed off to the wing/center"
Give me games won without Thurston
Give me dummyhalf runs after he has passed to his center/winger and they have been tackled.

Oh and good luck finding me all of those stats cause you wont find some of them.
Some things are not judged in the stats column
Stats are for amateurs like you Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazza.

m0j0

Bench
nrl.com said:
But Bennett is a fan of Hunt's playmaking potential after trialling the Queensland and Test custodian at halfback in the early rounds of the competition.

Are those the same early rounds of the competition when they lost four of their first five games and the only win was against the Roosters?

emil1989

Juniors
dazza62 said:
Any cutie fans here show me Ks great playmaking abilities.. has he a kicking game

40/20s..no
bombs..no
chip & chase..no
touch finders..no
grubbers..very rarely.

general play..good at chiming in the backline to run into a hole that locky has created,but other than that he has very little creative talent.

90% of what he does in attack is set up by someone else & he will be found out when it is up to him to create something..same as happened earlier in the yr when locky was out..

when has he ever needed to do any of that when he plays along lockyer at club, smith/thurston/lockyer at rep..hmm pretty smart comment mate

and to what mojo said..it was the trial games mate..he played 2 games in the halves in the nrl

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
K is easily one of the games best players. He's been the best fullback at the highest level for the last year or more. How does this not make him one of the best players in the game? He's inspirational, skillful and smart. What more does he need to do?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's simple really. Whenever a player receives praise, there will always be those who will claim it is unwarranted.

Those who think attacking stats make for a better fullback in this modern game. Those who believe that lack of size, and tackling ability on the try line are not drawbacks. Those who think 2 premiership games in the halves should be enough time to prove your creativity in attack.

If chosen at 6, Hunt will do well, and these comments and their makers will soon be forgotten.

geez we got a real brain here.

EMIL wrote
when has he ever needed to do any of that when he plays along lockyer at club, smith/thurston/lockyer at rep..hmm pretty smart comment mate

let me explain ,, cutie fans think cutie has the playmaking skills to be a 5/8.He was shown up at rd 2 against the Warriors (Locky injured).
Hence what you wrote backs up excatly what i am saying .... he needs players like Locky, Jt ,Smith to make him look far better than he is .
If he is going to be classed as a playmaker he should at least have a decent kicking game.

it was the trial games mate..he played 2 games in the halves in the nrl
No it was rd 1 & 2 & they were beaten in both games.

badav

Bench
dazza62 said:
geez we got a real brain here.

EMIL wrote

Hence what you wrote backs up excatly what i am saying .... he needs players like Locky, Jt ,Smith to make him look far better than he is .

If theres anyone who can make themselves look like a goose everytime they post its you. I havent seen any comments about hunts playmaking ability except negative ones. And when it comes from someone as dumb as yourself. Water off a ducks back. For brisbane fans its more a case of put him there and see what happens. You see its idiots like yourself who made the same sort of comments when lockyer was moved to 5/8th. Yet the Broncos are now the defending premiers off the back off that. Could you say the same about your club?? I think not.

Funny you mention other players making him look good. Remind me again how the cowboys went without Thurston, against one of the worst teams in the comp?

Take any key playmaker out of a team and they will suffer. Johns, Thurston, Lockyer, Prince, Farrah, its the same story for any team. All of their teams are going to struggle without them.

salivor

First Grade
badav said:
If theres anyone who can make themselves look like a goose everytime they post its you. I havent seen any comments about hunts playmaking ability except negative ones. And when it comes from someone as dumb as yourself. Water off a ducks back. For brisbane fans its more a case of put him there and see what happens. You see its idiots like yourself who made the same sort of comments when lockyer was moved to 5/8th. Yet the Broncos are now the defending premiers off the back off that. Could you say the same about your club?? I think not.

Funny you mention other players making him look good. Remind me again how the cowboys went without Thurston, against one of the worst teams in the comp?

Take any key playmaker out of a team and they will suffer. Johns, Thurston, Lockyer, Prince, Farrah, its the same story for any team. All of their teams are going to struggle without them.

Exactly badav. I think dazza forgets how average Lockyer looked at 5/8 when he made the initial switch from fullback. Ït took him a good 2-3 seasons to really find his feet in the position and to start dominating. Yet dazza likes to point to 2 matches that Hunt has played at halfback and cite that as a reason why he's not a good playmaker.

For one he's not a halfback, I've never heard a Brisbane fan ever claim him to be one, he was put there as a result of such poor options at the club in that position. Fullback at this stage is obviously his best position but he has the potential to play at either 5/8 (with a dominant half inside him) or as a ball playing lock in the future but major positional transitions take time. Only an idiot i.e. dazza would think that it clicks into place overnight or in just 2 NRL games.

salivor

First Grade
To add to that, I think most of it comes from the fact that many still see Hunt as a Kiwi. If he was a born and bred dinki di Aussie then I doubt the likes of dazza would have as much of an issue with him as they do, the fact that he's also a Broncos just adds fuel to the fire.

Every League expert including the majority of his peers can see the talent that this bloke is, all but a couple of bitter Cowboys fans in Charlie and dazza who can't see past their own hate for the bloke.

What you are forgetting is Locky already had all the skills when he was playing at FB. He used to come up into the line to create something or kick....

lockyno1

Post Whore
And Karmichael does that at the moment dazza. Look every side struggles without their main playmaker, remnd us how you beloved Cowboys went without Thurston..last time I liooked they conceded 60 against the Roosters FFS!