What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael in the hunt as Broncos No.6

scuzzi

Juniors
He'll do well, as long as blokes like Carrol and Parker keep doing what they did on friday, running on the fringes and looking for gaps, i reckon K is more than capable of organising the team.

Dave Q

Coach
cutie was born in Nobro, Getfugeda in the NZ South Island.

Not Tool St Surfers Paradise.

Mr Saab

Referee
And your point is what?
Bob Fulton was born in England.
Willie Mason was born in Auckland NEW ZEALAND.

Dave Q

Coach
My point is that he is a New Zealander.

Who cares where the other two big fugheads came from Saab

t-ba

Post Whore
Bobby Fulton and Willie Mason came over here as infants. It occurs to me that they still are.

K.Hunt didn't leave the Shaky Isles until he was what, 14? He's a Kiwi. Not as much as Antonio Kaufusi, but a Kiwi nonetheless

salivor

First Grade
dazza62 said:
I have seen Slater do many many brilliant things ...without help from anyone . So that arguement is out the window.
Tell me if that was cutie in SOO 2004 gathering Locky's kick..could he have done what Slater did?..Not in 3 lifetimes

And who put that kick in to put him into space? Lockyer, holding Slaters hand just as Orford and Cronk have been doing at club level for years. Every fullback plays off their halves and Hunt is no different with Lockyer just like Bowen is no different with Thurston. To say that Lockyer has been holding his hand is ridiculous, Hunt is not the playmaker and organiser of the team, apparently you expect him to be well if that's the case then Bowen better step up for the Cowboys as well as Thurston well and truely runs that ship.

dazza62 said:
Your stupidity knows no bounds.
No the flashy stuff is not all i care about .... i care about the complete package .... & this is not about Bowen,Slater or anyone else... This is about cutie stepping up to a playmaking role ,& when anyone dares question what he has done in the past to suggest he can do it the Bronco fans jump up & down `.
When asked of what he has shown(creative wise) without locky,Jt or others the same fans get all upset again.
I sincerly hope they put him in the no6..cause when he is shown up as being as creative as a turnip i will be laughing.

f**k even locky has got more of a clue than you and he's the biggest dropkick on this forum.

First of all, how many games has Lockyer missed during Hunts career? Bugger all, we've never had the opportunity to see him on his own for an extended period of time but apparently you've already drawn a conclusion on how it will end. Is that like your predictions that Hunt will fail for Australia, that Hunt will fail for Qld and that Hunt will fail for Brisbane yet he keeps layering that egg on to your face.

Not one Broncos fan that I've seen has said that Hunt is ready to step into the 6 and be a star, a couple of months isn't going to prove anything. One of the greatest players of our generation took 2-3 seasons to adjust into the role. Hunt isn't ready but he's the only option we've got, he has the ability but 2 months isn't going to see him move mountains but I'm sure you'll be there acting as judge jury and executioner none the less.

First off you try to attack him as a fullback and get shot down continually and now since you can't succeed at that your going to try and shoot him down as a 5/8 with only 2 NRL games under his belt in the position. The way you talk about the bloke is as if he's barely fit for reserve grade, it's nothing but a personal vendetta. Your whole existance on this forum seems to be to tear down a bloke just because he stands in the way of your beloved Bowen, it's petty and pathetic. I suggest you get a life. But do tell me dazza because you keep avoiding it but were you a touch suicidal when you saw that Hunts peers voted him as the best fullback in the game with twice the votes of Bowen? Or did you resist the urge by telling yourself you're a better judge of a player than the players themselves?

kickback

Juniors
salivor said:
And who put that kick in to put him into space? Lockyer, holding Slaters hand just as Orford and Cronk have been doing at club level for years. Every fullback plays off their halves and Hunt is no different with Lockyer just like Bowen is no different with Thurston. To say that Lockyer has been holding his hand is ridiculous, Hunt is not the playmaker and organiser of the team, apparently you expect him to be well if that's the case then Bowen better step up for the Cowboys as well as Thurston well and truely runs that ship.

f**k even locky has got more of a clue than you and he's the biggest dropkick on this forum.

First of all, how many games has Lockyer missed during Hunts career? Bugger all, we've never had the opportunity to see him on his own for an extended period of time but apparently you've already drawn a conclusion on how it will end. Is that like your predictions that Hunt will fail for Australia, that Hunt will fail for Qld and that Hunt will fail for Brisbane yet he keeps layering that egg on to your face.

Not one Broncos fan that I've seen has said that Hunt is ready to step into the 6 and be a star, a couple of months isn't going to prove anything. One of the greatest players of our generation took 2-3 seasons to adjust into the role. Hunt isn't ready but he's the only option we've got, he has the ability but 2 months isn't going to see him move mountains but I'm sure you'll be there acting as judge jury and executioner none the less.

First off you try to attack him as a fullback and get shot down continually and now since you can't succeed at that your going to try and shoot him down as a 5/8 with only 2 NRL games under his belt in the position. The way you talk about the bloke is as if he's barely fit for reserve grade, it's nothing but a personal vendetta. Your whole existance on this forum seems to be to tear down a bloke just because he stands in the way of your beloved Bowen, it's petty and pathetic. I suggest you get a life. But do tell me dazza because you keep avoiding it but were you a touch suicidal when you saw that Hunts peers voted him as the best fullback in the game with twice the votes of Bowen? Or did you resist the urge by telling yourself you're a better judge of a player than the players themselves?

Very Well Said!

Good luck Karmichael if you play your natural game you will kill em, 'look at the other class 5/8 in the comp'

Dazzat

First Grade
It's almost guaranteed that Hunt won't be 5/8. It will be either Eastwood, Joel Moon or Shane Perry. Hunt will be left where he is, but obviously come into the backline more often as a second/first receiver and kicker.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dave Q said:

You are a f**king hypocrite x 1000
Whats not good enough for Hunt is fine for others.
Wanker

dragonfire

Bench
I dont think Hunt is a 5/8th, a lock perhaps but not a 5/8th. He is better off sticking to fullback and bringing in somebody else in my opinion

Shorty

Staff member
I think Hunt will do well at 5/8 eventually,I really like how he tries to fill in for Lockyer when he's off the field.

And he'll improve at it.
Dazzat,Perry should NOT be anywhere near your halves.

badav

Bench
Dave Q said:

So what if he was born in NZ. Frank Pritchard, Nathan Cayless and Jason Cayless were born in Sydney. And for those who dont know he came here when he was 10 and played all his senior footy here.

And i dont see what any of this has to do with hunt possibly moving to play number 6.

lockyno1

Post Whore
dragonfire said:
I dont think Hunt is a 5/8th, a lock perhaps but not a 5/8th. He is better off sticking to fullback and bringing in somebody else in my opinion

Good in theory..but who else? Perry is useless, McConnell is out of favour and Joel Moon is mainly a lock that can play 5/8, same with Eastwood!

lockyno1

Post Whore
And Hunt will tackle him, he is not that bad a defender, not to mention he'll have Carroll inside him for support.